Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Eurocharged ECU reflashed

Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Eurocharged ECU reflashed

Originally Posted by falshami
perfect. thank you aquarilized! is the carbon fiber hood much lighter than the stock one? im considering ways to drop this cars weight! without totally ruining it of course look wise, luckily for me , carbon fiber would match my cars original paint job! sorry not trying to get off topic!
Hey Falshami, the carbon fiber hood that i have installed is approx. 25lbs lighter than stock hood if my memory is correct.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 PM

im glad to hear the tune works well for you it's really like night and day over stock haha remember every engine mod you do i would get reflashed...

Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Forum Regular

now im tempted to get a carbon fiber hood, my cable should be in very soon and im hoping to get my car reflashed the same day if possible. the throttle body reset seems to have helped a bit , the car is simply fun to drive, and apparently im good at getting the tail to slide a bit!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:52 PM

now im tempted to get a carbon fiber hood, my cable should be in very soon and im hoping to get my car reflashed the same day if possible. the throttle body reset seems to have helped a bit , the car is simply fun to drive, and apparently im good at getting the tail to slide a bit!
Wow, sounds good. Once you get the ECU tune, it will be hard to remove the smile from your face.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Forum Regular

im getting ancy, i want that cable to come in already! so i can set up and get this tune done!!! arghh , im very excited can you tell? 20 extra ponies would simply be awesome

Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 PM

im getting ancy, i want that cable to come in already! so i can set up and get this tune done!!! arghh , im very excited can you tell? 20 extra ponies would simply be awesome
Yeah, I know the feeling.. Please write back with how your experience with the Tune is. I'm sure you will enjoy.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Forum Regular

i definitely will , should i get it retuned any time i modify the car?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

They will be an email away when you make any mods.. Just let them know what you've done and see where they stand with it would probably be your best bet. They've been in this rodeo long enough to know..

To be honest, if we don't see a Turbo by Christmas.. I just might have to jump on board with the "typical mods"...

Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 PM

You can do it before or after Mods. What I did was I got the tune first, then I did DCAI, Catylitic Converter removal just on the two rear ones. Also I did the Throttle body upgrade and after these things I then got the ECU reflashed. It's up to you how you want to do it. I guess it depends on which mods you do first. Good luck

Old 10-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

In all fairness to EC, it would be better to do your mods and then get the tune. If you keep on bothering them for every little mod you do the price may go up for everybody and/or have everyone incur a fee for a re-tune. I am sure they have better things to do than keep retuning for every little mod.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
In all fairness to EC, it would be better to do your mods and then get the tune. If you keep on bothering them for every little mod you do the price may go up for everybody and/or have everyone incur a fee for a re-tune. I am sure they have better things to do than keep retuning for every little mod.
Thats kinda why I tossed out email them.. postal rate is still cheap at this point..

Old 10-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Forum Regular

so i guess i will just get it retuned this week , over time get some mods done , then re tune. im seriously shocked by this cars performance , i love it so much , im wondering if the slk is the same feel as this. ive driven this baby like its stolen for a few days now so much i put it in winter mode to limit me haha save me some tire life!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:36 PM

so i guess i will just get it retuned this week , over time get some mods done , then re tune. im seriously shocked by this cars performance , i love it so much , im wondering if the slk is the same feel as this. ive driven this baby like its stolen for a few days now so much i put it in winter mode to limit me haha save me some tire life!
Yes, do whatever you want and have fun. Get the ECU tune and whenever you get some Mods done, all you have to do is contact them to get it reflashed. This is what Eurocharged offers so its not a big deal to them. They are keeping you a happy customer. Enjoy.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice job on the mods aquarilized.

Another idea is swapping out the seats. I saved ~68lbs swapping those out.

Oh, and just a tidbit of info, search about the underdrive pulley's. You may not like the outcome.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:51 PM

good point about the weight, that seems to be commonly overlooked by many, ive heard a rough formula is 10lbs equates to 1 hp not to mention the handling advantages, if we could somehow get our cars down around 2800 lbs they would be a beast however not sure where we could shave 250 lbs from..

Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by redliner
.... however not sure where we could shave 250 lbs from..
Not sure how we could save that much (short of gutting it) but it would be easy to get close. Ive seen sparco seats that weigh 5-10 lbs, depending on how much you want to spend, which would cut 100 lbs. Our stock rims might as well be boulders, lots of weight to save there. Carbon fiber hood according to aquarilized is supposedly a saving of 25 lbs. So maybe 175 just right there? If cost was no option get some carbon fiber rims, easily 250 total ...

Old 10-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Forum Regular

carbon fiber rims exist?? holy cow ! if 10 pounds is 1 horsepower, i think its time for me to diet , lose 10 pounds i could

Old 10-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think 10lbs = 1 hp is very very optimistic... I think losing some body fat is probably the easiest way to get lighter, good thing I've still got 100lbs to go till my goal weight haha

Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by rayth
I think 10lbs = 1 hp is very very optimistic...

I agree... I have always gone by the rule of thumb, 100 lbs/ tenth in the quarter.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Forum Regular

well i can only really afford to lose 10 pounds , maybe 15 then i get sickly lol

Quick Reply: Eurocharged ECU reflashed