Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Limp Mode?

Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limp Mode?

Strange transmission (automatic) behavior as my wife and I were leaving a restaurant last night. I noticed a loud 'clunk' when I put it in drive , so loud that my wife said "that didn't sound good". I drove through the parking lot and out to the exit, tried to pull out on to the main road and all it would do is rev. It wasn't a free feeling type of rev, it did move a bit, but not like how some describe limp mode. I rolled over to the side of the road, put it in park and back in drive (another clunk) and it still only revved without moving. I put it back in park, turned the car off and back on, put it in drive (no clunk) and drove it home. I drove it into work today without issue although I think it is shifting a little hard but it could just be me being too sensitive about changes.

I recently had the nag connector changed by the dealer. They claimed they got the fluid level correct.

I read through about two dozen threads on the subject last night and saw that most of the issues pertained to either low trans fluid or speed sensor on the electronic plate.

Any thoughts or suggestions about this issue? Does it sound like it was in limp mode? My plan is to have the dealer who just replaced the nag connector verify fluid level and pull any codes. Maybe they connector isn't seated all the way? Its suspicious that I just had the connector replaced two weeks ago and now for the first time I'm having transmission issues.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Limp Mode?

From where I'm sitting, a loose connection somewhere isn't out of the question.
If something mechanical had failed,, it wouldn't fix itself overnite.

As much as it hurts, you need to bring it back to that dealership and have them recheck it.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Limp Mode?

It sounds very much like my Conductor Plate failure.

If it "fixes itself" with a re-start, that may be it. If this happens, it will store the codes, but no CEL.