Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I just beat the Pants off TWO 350 Z's

Old 08-21-2004, 01:49 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I just beat the Pants off TWO 350 Z's

OK here's how it went. I just got off work from my Show According to Jim. It was like 9:30pm. I get on the freeway to head home. This jack-*** out of now were totally cuts me off, I slammed on my breaks(which preformed wonderfully) and get this he gives me the finger. I said Fu** me, No Fu** You.. I got right on his ***. I passed him, while doing this I kicked on my light in my car so he could see me. I give him the finger, while mouthing the words F**********. SO then it was a total race. He gave me a good run for my money, but the thing is,is I just flat out pulled away.
Now here comes the 2nd part of the story. That Z gets off the freeway, or at least that's what I have to think because, he was no were to be found. I'm getting on a different freeway, and a NEW Z see's me cooking down the freeway, and pulls up next to me and hits his lights at me. Now I'm kind of pissed like Are you freaking kidding me, ANOTHER ONE. So with this guy I never gave him a chance. I stepped on it and didn't let off until he quit. He kept up kinda, but never once did he ever get close to passing me. So as of tonight the Cross Fire stands over the NEW Z CAR.

Any one else have any stories?

Old 08-21-2004, 08:31 AM

Hope I don't catch too much flak for this one but here goes...

I've seen too many serious accidents to see anyhing good in your story and to tell the truth, two cars racing down the freeway like that really scares me. Your racing adventure is what we call "Road Rage" down here, glad I wasn't anywhere near you. We see it all the time, boy racers zipping down the freeway... scary. At least you didn't have a giant wing on the back end and a tin can for an exhaust.

As for beating out the Z cars... from everything I've "read" their straight line performance is better than ours. Maybe they just let up and let you go on your merry way???

Sorry I can't share your enthusiasm... maybe it's just me getting older??? :cry::cry::cry:

Old 08-21-2004, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job Saskins! Keep up the Street racing scene!! and great job whooping those Z's MONKEY A$$ES!!! Nothing like beating one on the open road! Completely different feeling then at the track...

Since I live in Michigan I rarely get to race any Z's on the street! Which to me is disappointing... mostly everything here are the Vette's and Cadi's... which well comparing a 6.0l engine to me... isnt that much fun of a race...

but last night... my friend and I are driving back from having dinner with a Rx8 guy... well my friend is in a completely modified himself Geo Storm.. I know HAHAHA a geo storm.. but he owns 2 Rx7's and wanted to practice fiber glass and modification on a junk car first... and well this car is actual hot now... but anyways... we are going down 75... going about only 5 over the speed limit... a CTS comes FLYING up on his ***... and in his words "Nearly was attached to my huge *** ricer spoiler!"... and then he flys around the left comes up next to me and aims right into my car! I jerked the wheel over... and stare down this car...

Completely modified CTS ... guessing CTS-V... HUGE *** stripes on the side ... tinned windows... lowering springs... very tunerish... but the best thing... BLOOMFIELDHILLS POLICE DEPARTMENT!!!... he was WAY outta his jurisdiction... but we were guessing he was coming back from Woodward Dream Cruise... and why he flew up on us is beyond me... but I aint messing with no POPO car LOL

Old 08-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Banned

Great job beating those guys,I had a Z and my XF feels quicker I think there stats are over stated.As is the Car. As for AZ,it's only ok if you're driving right.I'm not surprized that you would post something on this thread as long as it's THREADRAGE !

Old 08-21-2004, 12:02 PM

Man thats the car I almost got and its the one I whant to crush on the roads.The Z. I was on a on ramp to a nice strech of highway in miami you know the ones that take you on a long cicle then the highway, well I was with my girl and shes not big on speed but there were no cars next to me so i said what the heck.I gunned it on this long turn and when I check the rearview for cops, bang there is this guy in a Z. he was comming up a little on me then we hit the highway I pulled just a little bit on him and well I saw a shot of black smoke come from his exhaust and well he stayed a car length a head of me then i just shut mine down since my girl started hitting me and yelling. Anyways I thought the Xfire held up well and to be honest the black smoke tells me it was probally modded. Can't wait to get chipped and custom intake then we'll see! :twisted:

Old 08-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Forum Regular

Where are the police when we really need them???

I don't race, but last November,

I go to pass a truck and have to goose it a little to finish it before my exit, and I get a ticket......

69 in a 60 zone!

Something just isn't fair here!!!!

Old 08-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys and Gals, the Z is quite a bit quicker than the Crossfire. EVERY car publication (and I as well) can vouch for that. The manual Xfire runs about a 14.6 quarter mile, and the manual 350Z runs about 14.0 quarter mile.

I traded in my white 350z (see my gallery), and the my Crossfire is very much a slower car. The Z's engine is a marvel of an engine, no bones about it. I just had to get out of the "Adolescent Boy, Import Car Racing Scene" mentatlity that the Z is a part of, that is why I got rid of it.

The only thing I miss about the Z were the engine and manual trans....they were really sweet. I had installed a Stillen exhaust (cat-back) and Injen air-intake (moves the airfilter in front of the grill), and the Z became an absolute terror after that. It was probably running a 13.7 quarter mile, which is approaching the C5 vette territory (C5's run around 13.4 stock)

My only explanation of how a 350z would be slower is that the driver had a manual, and had NO CLUE as to what gear to use.

Bottom Line #1: Regarless of Horsepower, I love the Crossfire 10 times as much as the 350Z I used to own. :lol:

Bottom Line #2: Saskins, Roadrage is a real thing you must get under control. Neat story, but VERY dangerous. :wink:

Old 08-21-2004, 02:21 PM

I noticed that Dan Root had a Z, and his subjective feel was that the Z was slower than the Crossfire. I just don't get it. Here is a neat link from Road and Track that compares the Z, Xfire, and TT.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....ber=4&preview=

I am not getting down on the Crossfire, I am just stating that it is highly dubious when someone claims that an xfire is quicker than a Z....

Like I said, I love my Xfire 100 times more than the Z!

Old 08-21-2004, 02:28 PM

Did I forget to mentin that I love my Crossfire 1000 times more than the Z?

Old 08-21-2004, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by jsisabella
Where are the police when we really need them???
EXACTLY!

Call me an old fart if you wish...last night I ran a rescue call (MVA), two ricers ripping around town and got hooked up in a curve. One slams head-on into a building, the other takes out a light poll and rolls his car onto it's side. Neither seriously hurt, but I wager neither is walking comfortably today and both destroyed their ricemobiles.

I do not understand the thought process (or more likely lack of any rationale thought process) these young punks run through to think that street (or Interstate, or whatever) is k3wl, l33t, whatever. What it REALLY is is JUST PLAIN STUPID. And those of you posting to this thread encouraging such STUPID behavior or just contributing to the problem.

Racing belongs on a track, in a controlled environment, where the rest of the public is insulated from such moronic behavior.

Old 08-21-2004, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by pelked1
Did I forget to mentin that I love my Crossfire 1000 times more than the Z?
No, you quite CLEARLY said "10" times more. But 10, 100, 1000, yes :!: I love my Crossfire too!

Old 08-21-2004, 03:56 PM

I had a Z as well and it is definitely quicker than my xfire BUT MY XFIRE is hands down a better car. Just read any Z forum those cars like the one I owned had serious issues...SUSPENSION is terrible....

Old 08-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Forum Regular

Ok so quarter mile time is 14 vs 14.6

Saskins spanked them anyway, and I'll tell you why.

Because if you've already got a higher speed going, or the momentum, it will still take a faster car a bit of time to catch up and pass you. In other words, over the course of a mile, he'll gain 2.4 seconds on you...

Think about that... if you floor it, and a Z floors it two seconds behind you, and he's a few lenths back... by the time an entire mile is up, you'll both be going way too fast for him to actually exceed your speed to pass you. My guess is that by the time HALF mile is up, and your already going WAY too fast 100+ mph, most sane people will just throttle it back down and give up.. In other words, get the jump and you'll win.

Old 08-21-2004, 05:37 PM

NJspeed69,

You are exactly right, and that is what probably happened.

But the Z is, unfortunately, faster. :cry:

And I love my Xfire 10,000 times more than the Z!

Old 08-21-2004, 05:54 PM

Even though I'm an old fart, I must admit I did the same thing with a boxster. I know the boxster is a little faster, but I got a jump on him. I also doubt he was willing to go 150! The Z guys probably didn't want a ticket!

Old 08-21-2004, 06:16 PM

Harry7 - It is fun doing a quick blast with someone, when traffic permits of course. I only do it when it is someone who is definitely slower, so that I don't have to get to 100+ to make sure I am ahead of them :wink: .

Old 08-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Forum Regular
Default Ok Old guys.

Ok guys,
I might be a younger guy, but I've been racing anything on wheels since I was 6 yrs old. I started with motocross & was going to turn Pro when I was 16, However do to an extremely hard get off, I never raced in comp. again. After that I moved into mini-sprints, Sprints, and Super Truck. So needless to say I've had my education on what to do, and what not to do. I raced with Walker "Air -Sep Racing" Tyler the oldest Son, in now one of the new Young Guns in NASCAR. I wish him luck.
Its funny though. I've been in some crazy races, but I still think just driving to work is more dangerous. At least on the track you have Pro's. Everyday driving you have people who shouldn't even have a license.

So for all those nervus drivers out there, I promise I use extreme caution.
I too have seen friends die.

Old 08-23-2004, 10:06 AM

Saskins, with all of those driving credentials, you chose the autostick?

What's up with that?

Old 08-23-2004, 02:10 PM

I prefer the autostick. While it may be fun to redline it and drop the clutch, it is just as much fun to "bump" the auto through the gears. Did I say fun? - It's actually a blast.

Old 08-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Forum Regular
Default It was a smoken deal

I went with the Auto Stick because it was fun to me when I drove it. You don't have to have a stick if you know how to drive. Actually, I only like stick when I'm racing. Every day driving Auto is fine. To be honest the Auto Stick Seems to shift better From 1st to 2nd then the Manual. Also a good point is Because the car is pretty stock. I wouldn't Redline it any way. Until I do the Ignition, and the Iner-Cooler etc.... I wouldn't try to push it to places it couldn't go yet. Once you get your Upgrades done, and get your new timing right, then you pull the restricter and put on a new Tack up 12k RPMS, and then you can let it RIP. You would never think that these stock transmissions are able to handle up to 1500 horsepower. There is a lot you you can do with the car stock. If you know what your doing of course. This is my first Euro, so I'm re-educating myself with the different set up on these engins

Quick Reply: I just beat the Pants off TWO 350 Z's