Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

price for front rim?

Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default price for front rim?

Hey guys I recently cracked my drivers side front rim.I took it to a repair shop who later called and said they couldn't fix it but could order a new rim for 315$ and it would be here by Monday. Is this a good price? Anyone have one for cheaper? I'm in the Houston area

Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: price for front rim?

Someone here may have one. If not, eBay always has them at one time or another, new, used, recon. Much cheaper usually. James

Check here for prices: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Old 03-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecat1986
Hey guys I recently cracked my drivers side front rim.I took it to a repair shop who later called and said they couldn't fix it but could order a new rim for 315$ and it would be here by Monday. Is this a good price? Anyone have one for cheaper? I'm in the Houston area
Here you go. These guys have a full set of wheels/tires for $650. Maybe they will part with just one.

*****Chrysler Crossfire parting out***

Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 PM

Thanks guys found one for about half price on ebay.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks guys found one for about half price on ebay.
Missed your post earlier.. but yeah Ebay.. "Might" be China made if you went with a "new" rim (my rear wheel replacement was) but looks great on the finish and no issues whatsoever!

Old 03-06-2013, 03:21 PM

i ordered one from some guy in colorado paiid a little over 120 for it thats with shipping it has a few curb craches on the edge but i was thinking of seeing if i can get my rims chromed anyway

as a side note the place i was going to get it repaied at said the rim they wanted to order was a "replica" i can assume this has no tmps sensor inside... when i asked him about that he said " oh well take the sensor out of your cracked rim and put it in the replica..... very fishy... hope to chrome my rims soon

Old 03-06-2013, 03:50 PM

Even with the rim you purchased, you will want to exchange over the TPMS valve stem. It is programmed to your particular car. Before you reinstall your TPMS into the new rim, purchase a new grommet kit for that wheel. Available at most auto parts stores.

James

Last edited by James1549; 03-06-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth James..

Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM

i ordered one from some guy in colorado paiid a little over 120 for it thats with shipping it has a few curb craches on the edge but i was thinking of seeing if i can get my rims chromed anyway

as a side note the place i was going to get it repaied at said the rim they wanted to order was a "replica" i can assume this has no tmps sensor inside... when i asked him about that he said " oh well take the sensor out of your cracked rim and put it in the replica..... very fishy... hope to chrome my rims soon
Not "fishy" at all. Why buy a new sensor when you have one on the old wheel? New wheels don't ship with sensors or tires.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 PM

well i already ordered a used rim that acually comes with a used tire lol ill just keep the cracked one in the garage in case im stuck i have some sort of spare.... im not sure where the tmps sensor is located at but once the guy told me he couldnt find OEM rims after ive found several on the internet and ebay i kinda lost much faith in anything he said

Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 PM

well i already ordered a used rim that acually comes with a used tire lol ill just keep the cracked one in the garage in case im stuck i have some sort of spare.... im not sure where the tmps sensor is located at but once the guy told me he couldnt find OEM rims after ive found several on the internet and ebay i kinda lost much faith in anything he said
Actually your valve stem is the sensor too.. sooo... that would now mean you'll have to learn to like the light.. or take it to the tire store and have them break it down and install..

My last trip to the Rubber Barn I had them read and write down my sensors ID code and frequency. Now if one goes out they can scan and I can see which one went dead and get a new one programmed to the ID.. Otherwise they can break down the tire and read the numbers on it and sell you one.. hope they are reasonable on pricing.. this way "I" find the price I like and have them install.
Mine are close to expected life so it might just be worth buying and getting programmed to ID and get the install over and done.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:21 PM

You will have to do 1 of 2 things if you don't exchange out the TPMS - The TPMS light will be illuminated on your dash. You will have to have the sensor programmed at the dealer or place black tape over the light. James

Old 03-06-2013, 08:31 PM

hmmm well since i cracked the rim the tmps has been on,i checked all the other tires it stayed on so the sensor mayhave been damaged or the fact that its leaking air may be to blame . regardless ummm how much to reprogram? if u guys know
i may just ignore it for the time being

Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 PM

Option 3 - Schrader makes a programable sensor.. have it coded to the original ID and no trip to the dealer.. typically $100 date at the dealer.. if you air all tires to proper pressure the light stays on?

Don't know if your 315 MHZ or 433 MHZ but here's a sample..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schrader-330...283b7d&vxp=mtr

Footnote: FIND PROGRAMMING BEFORE PURCHASE!

Last edited by Mrmiata; 03-06-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 PM

yes it does stay on at first when i ncracked the rim ti would go back off but honestly after a month of driving n it( i know not safe) it came on and never turned off so it maybe damaged 100$ isnt too much i could get it done in a little time if i got some overtime on spring break

Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 PM

im looking at how to on the forum seems complicated i may have to make that visit to the dealership or figure out the schrader thing what to do oh what to do

Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 PM

im looking at how to on the forum seems complicated i may have to make that visit to the dealership or figure out the schrader thing what to do oh what to do

We're not complicated, life is. Don't fret, you did the right thing. When the wheel comes in, have the old tire and TPS installed and you'll be golden.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 PM

yes a certain fellowship i often go to always says "keep it simple stupid" i need to rember that!

Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 PM

yes a certain fellowship i often go to always says "keep it simple stupid" i need to rember that!
The "KISS" philosophy reminds me of the good ole days when I was in the military.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:05 AM

haha well my sponsor usually reminds me of it im involved in the aa na program. i just celebrated two years clean march 1. and hey i got the used OEM rim in on friday put it on and even had the tire shop remove the sensor and put it on my new(used) rim but the light didnt go off . after i get off work at 9 tonight. im gonna stop and recheck all the air in my tires to be sure but i may have to deal with the light for a while

Quick Reply: price for front rim?