Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

After-market fuel injector options?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After-market fuel injector options?

Hey guys,

So my Crossfire is in great shape (25,000 kilometers on the odometer!), but it sat for a number of years before I bought it. The only real issue to emerge from sitting for so long are some very noisy injectors. They've been cleaned thoroughly, but still tick like crazy, and while in no desperate need of replacement... well, it's driving me crazy.

This leaves me with the topic question - any suggestions for replacement injectors? I'm considering doing mild performance upgrades in the future (ECU tune, maybe exhaust), but nothing radical. This car is my daily driver, so anything I do will be pretty restrained.

I've seen a few sites offering after-market injectors for the 3.2L engine, but I'm not sure of what brand or size to go for. Ultimately, I'd like something that's perhaps a bit more peppy, since if I'm going to replace the stock ones I may as well upgrade, but grabbing massive injectors would be a waste and obviously incompatible with the engine. Similarly, cost-wise, I don't want to spend a fortune - I'm not trying to build a race car.

Any recommendations are welcome!

Last edited by DMC81; 03-07-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: After-market fuel injector options?

You can pick up some SRT-6, SLK32 or C32 injectors as most of the companies that offer a tune already have a canned tune for them. They can usually be had for $25-$35 per injector. The noise you hear will most likely not go away though. Because of the Alusil cylinder bores, all the engine noise is amplified.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by DMC81
Hey guys,

So my Crossfire is in great shape (25,000 kilometers on the odometer!), but it sat for a number of years before I bought it. The only real issue to emerge from sitting for so long are some very noisy injectors. They've been cleaned thoroughly, but still tick like crazy, and while in no desperate need of replacement... well, it's driving me crazy.

This leaves me with the topic question - any suggestions for replacement injectors? I'm considering doing mild performance upgrades in the future (ECU tune, maybe exhaust), but nothing radical. This car is my daily driver, so anything I do will be pretty restrained.

I've seen a few sites offering after-market injectors for the 3.2L engine, but I'm not sure of what brand or size to go for. Ultimately, I'd like something that's perhaps a bit more peppy, since if I'm going to replace the stock ones I may as well upgrade, but grabbing massive injectors would be a waste and obviously incompatible with the engine. Similarly, cost-wise, I don't want to spend a fortune - I'm not trying to build a race car.

Any recommendations are welcome!
These are noisy injectors for whatever reason and it may be a waste of money if you get another set and they are the same. But it's your money.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was under the impression with this motor, most of the noise was the lifters? Like a chatter...

Please correct me if I am wrong, but how could injectors be so loud if they were clean?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I was under the impression with this motor, most of the noise was the lifters? Like a chatter...

Please correct me if I am wrong, but how could injectors be so loud if they were clean?
Noise is relative, a slight ticking noise I believe, fine with me though as I'm deaf. It is heard under the valve lifter noise they say.