Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

T boned

Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T boned

i just wanted to let u guys know on tuesday night i was t boned by a drunk driver. im okay just had some cuts bruises and hurt my neck some but my x fire is totalled . the adjuster said he found 17,000 dollars i damage when he stopped. ill try to post some picture when i have time later but it isnt pretty

Old 03-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: T boned

Sorry to hear that Bluecat and because of a drunk driver as well. Glad to hesr you survived relatively unscathed. Once agin a Crossfire has done its job protecting one of us. Get that neck checked out and best of luck in your settelment.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecat1986
i just wanted to let u guys know on tuesday night i was t boned by a drunk driver. im okay just had some cuts bruises and hurt my neck some but my x fire is totalled . the adjuster said he found 17,000 dollars i damage when he stopped. ill try to post some picture when i have time later but it isnt pretty
Hate to see another crossfire fall by the wayside, but she served you well in taking care of you, which is the main thing!

I know if this happened to mine, I'd definitely be looking for another one, hope that's the case with you and we get to keep you around here with us.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:35 AM

Glad to hear that you were able to walk away.

I wish they would deal with drunk driving in a more severe manner. In Austin some lady recently got probation for a hit and run that killed a pedestrian. They think she was drunk at the time but couldn't prove it days later when they got her.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad you're not hurt. These cars are tough! Maybe you can get enough insurance $ to get a SRT-6.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle_Al
Glad to hear that you were able to walk away.

I wish they would deal with drunk driving in a more severe manner. In Austin some lady recently got probation for a hit and run that killed a pedestrian. They think she was drunk at the time but couldn't prove it days later when they got her.

JUST PROBATION?!?! Wow! Our Legal System is screw up!

Old 03-16-2013, 01:21 PM

well i think the guy was a illegal alien from what i heard by people who were at the scene. it doubtful he had insurance so it may fall on mine but we will see when the police report. im sure my insurance company will find out. as far as our legal system being screwed up in the guys mugshot online it says "dwi 3 or more" meaning it was at least his fourth dwi.

the thought of getting another crossfire has crossed my mind. although im also considering a slk , possibly a sky redline but im not too fond of 4 cylinders.. if i found a nice srt 6 roadster near houston id definetly go look at it. i do love the forum and i was beging to grow fod of some of the charecters here...... but the car did do a good job protecting me the passenger side air bag (in the dooor) did come out but im doing okay with some ibprofen and a heating pad!

Old 03-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Forum Regular

Glad you're ok. Don't be too quick to settle. My wife was rear-ended in our 65 mustang years ago. She had neck pain that subsided around settlement time. But it came back big time a few weeks later. Just a friendly warning.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear that. Glad it protected you though.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:54 PM

right ill have to be careful. hopefully i get enoght to get something nice i was just looking at a black srt6 thats in houston i wrote it down on my list of cars im intrested in.....

this moring my dad was trying to talk me into a 350z ...... which im kinda at a losss for words about idk sometimes i like 350z but the thought of turning to the dark side disturbs me....

Old 03-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thankfully you walked away, just don't be in a hurry to settle up with YOUR insurance company. Because like you said, it will be a miracle if the drunk has insurance.
There are so many nice cars out there to choose from now a days, I really don't know what I'd do if I was in your position.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 PM

yeah its quite a conundrum in in but i have faith something good will be at the other side

Old 03-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your are ok! Good luck!

Old 03-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecat1986
right ill have to be careful. hopefully i get enoght to get something nice i was just looking at a black srt6 thats in houston i wrote it down on my list of cars im intrested in.....

this moring my dad was trying to talk me into a 350z ...... which im kinda at a losss for words about idk sometimes i like 350z but the thought of turning to the dark side disturbs me....

A 350z rear ended my BMW 328i that I had. It pushed my car into the pickup in front. The front bumper and rear bumper were busted. The 350z's front end and hood folded up pretty good. I guess the 350z has good crumple zones.

Is your Crossfire salvageable for parts?

Old 03-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Unhappy Re: T boned

well im sure ill have something to get rid of..... i just got in some lower mesch grill inserts that i payed about 85$ for online.was kinda sad them showing up two days after the wreck the motor still starts up on it but i think the fram is bent)..... that is of course unless i get the srt 6....

hey guys question are the srt6 intakes the same as stock? would the sl500 MB air box fit and work better on a srt 6?

Old 03-17-2013, 08:24 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss, glad to know you're OK.
Remarkable little cars, to be hit like that and be able to walk away with minor injuries.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Tell ole' Dad the car saved your life, which it did.... They are built like tanks.... Not a Z fan...drove some before I bought the SRT's.... Just didn't like them. Glad you are OK, and be patient in your settlement, whether he had insurance or not. Be patient in your replacement search as well. Plenty of SRT's coming on line for great prices...or stay with what you had....it's your car....chin up, heal up, and we will see you right back here... I wouldn't hesitate to put any of my son's in an SRT or regular XF....

Of course my son's are smart enough to wait until Dad kick's the bucket...lol...

Old 03-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Received 203 Likes on 154 Posts

sorry to hear that, glad you're all right,and right after you put the new headlight, pull up the Kelly blue book, put your car in excellent condition and insist that amount or even more,,just enough to get the six. Biden SRT six in the Houston area tell the insurance company that you have for $5000 to put with it and that you need Bluebook value to pick up the car, And if you have room by your car back from them for parts, never know you may need headlights again, don't forget the SRT 6 is only 2005, with the exception of 10 or 12 of them in 2006 jim

Old 03-17-2013, 06:38 PM

as everyone says - it pains me to read about your loss and am glad that you’re OK!

having both XF versions - the SRT 6 is a different animal altogether and still the best value out there bar none, at least none that I am aware of.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 PM

yes it did protect me pretty well im looking at a black srt 6 its about 13,888 and has a lil over 70k in the engine. im really not a z fan either but i may settle for a convertable but theres also s slk 350 2005 in looking at i may be able to talk them down. so far the insurance company has treated me faily nice well see what they offer me and maybe ill be sitting in the srt.

and yes amx(jim) i spent about 4 hours and was able to change the light without taking off the tire or the front bumper maybe because in a skinny guy 5'8" and 150 lbs but hey things happen and we learn and grow.

Quick Reply: T boned