Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire Vs. 01 Mustang Cobra

Old 09-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Vs. 01 Mustang Cobra

The other day I was driving down the road and this little piece of junk, I mean real piece of junk pulled up next to me at a red light, I think the car was like a honda or something. But Im sitting there at the light and this kid starts reving his engine maybe trying to impress his girlfriend or something but im like ok well I'll just blow this kid off. Light turned green blew him off till I get to the next light. Kid does the same thing again but after this light is a long straight away. So I blow him off again and look in my mirrors to see an 01 cobra behind me on my *** and I mean on my ***. The Cobra pulls up aside of me and I here him just punching and shifting screaching the tires so I was a little pissed I threw the car into autostick mode and suddenly the car got a huge burst of power. I just about kept up with him, he was one car length ahead me. But upahead was a bend about 800 or 900ft in which he started to leave off the gas and I just kept the xfire punched and pulled away from him. He was pissed. What I really enjoyed about the whole experience is that I was going about 85-90mph around the turn and the xfire just held its own, almost took over. The car is so tight and being that the car isn't the fastest it does have some damn good handeling and thats where I think the xfire will come out on top.

Old 09-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Default PHILLIPS Blue Vision W5W bulbs

How do you like your:
PHILLIPS Blue Vision W5W bulbs.
Do they give the destinctive bright blue glow like our German
cousins?

Old 09-08-2004, 10:55 PM

i was 4 car lengths behind a 350z and the 350z is much slower than a 01 cobra. He prolly wasnt trying. AS some of you guys know already im a hugemustang guy.IT had to be more than a car length are you stock? The turn thing i believe.

Old 09-09-2004, 10:05 AM

I had an 01 SVT Cobra Convertible. New right off the floor from my local Ford dealer. He should have passed you like greased lightning. He wasn't trying.
I used to be at 110 B4 the end of most highway entrance ramps and have to back off to regular traffic speed. The Crossfire is good, but it doesn't have 320 ponies like the Cobra did.

Old 09-09-2004, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by cwdilg
I had an 01 SVT Cobra Convertible. New right off the floor from my local Ford dealer. He should have passed you like greased lightning. He wasn't trying.
I used to be at 110 B4 the end of most highway entrance ramps and have to back off to regular traffic speed. The Crossfire is good, but it doesn't have 320 ponies like the Cobra did.
I am also a big Mustang guy (own a '69 Mach I), and there's no way an XFire can keep up with a cobra if the driver's trying - even an AMATEUR driver - at least on a straight-away (I have no problem believing the turning parts though). A Cobra uses a Supercharged 4.6L V-8 that pushes out 390HP. If you read reviews of the Cobra, you'll see it is considered a viable competitor to the Corvette, and even a die-hard X-fire freak like me knows we ain't touching a 'vette.

Nevertheless, I love reading kill stories. And once I figure out how to drop the new 5.7L HEMI in our engine bay, we'll be eating 'vettes and pissing cobras.

Old 09-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he said o1, not o3, no supercharger, but still impossible (except for the turn part like were all saying)

Old 09-09-2004, 06:20 PM

oh yeah, and ill be you best friend if you fit the hemi, and then install it for me.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
oh yeah, and ill be you best friend if you fit the hemi, and then install it for me.
If I fit the HEMI, I'll give instructions to everyone on how to do it, how's that Just waiting for a 300C or Magnum R/T to salvage.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:08 PM

im sure there are salvaged rams out there by now.

Old 09-09-2004, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by XethW
Originally Posted by cwdilg
I had an 01 SVT Cobra Convertible. New right off the floor from my local <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Ford&v=56">Ford</a> dealer. He should have passed you like greased lightning. He wasn't trying.
I used to be at 110 B4 the end of most highway entrance ramps and have to back off to regular <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=traffic&v=56">traffic</a> speed. The Crossfire is good, but it doesn't have 320 ponies like the Cobra did.
I am also a big Mustang guy (own a '69 Mach I), and there's no way an XFire can keep up with a cobra if the driver's trying - even an AMATEUR driver - at least on a straight-away (I have no problem believing the turning parts though). A Cobra uses a Supercharged 4.6L V-8 that pushes out 390HP. If you read reviews of the Cobra, you'll see it is considered a viable competitor to the Corvette, and even a die-hard X-fire freak like me knows we ain't touching a 'vette.

Nevertheless, I <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=love&v=56">love</a> reading kill stories. And once I figure out how to drop the new 5.7L HEMI in our engine bay, we'll be eating 'vettes and pissing cobras.
Even if our crossfires had hemi's The only mustangs we would pull on are GT's and Pre 03 cobras. The 03 cobra would still whomp the hemi-crossfire. Maybe take c4 and base c5's but the z06 would still have us.

Old 09-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Forum Regular

These "wannabe" kill stories are getting out of hand.

We all know how slow the crossfire is, especially with an automatic! If you are "keeping" up with a car that has almost 2x the HP, it is likely that the driver is not trying. As for the cornering, the SVT mustang is not a bad handling car either, it is likely that again, the driver was not driving the car to its limit.

An SVT mustang should walk away from a Crossfire asif it were standing still.

Old 09-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Forum Regular

Got blown off the road tonight by a 911 Carrera 4S in terms of acceleration, but he slowed a little on the curves and I closed up. We touched 135ish almost side by side for a short while until we caught up some traffic and we has to slow down.

Old 09-10-2004, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by english_bob
Got blown off the road tonight by a 911 Carrera 4S in terms of acceleration, but he slowed a little on the curves and I closed up. We touched 135ish almost side by side for a short while until we caught up some traffic and we has to slow down.
135 around Basingstoke! Wow! I'm impressed

Anyone got a "we're not worthy" emoticon? :lol:

Old 09-10-2004, 04:56 PM

I hate to post this...cause I'm a big DCX fan and a big XF fan too, but...

Coming back from Charlotte, NC a couple of days ago, I accelerated onto I-85 South after stopping for fuel. I nudged my XF up to about 80 or so, and entered the freeway in some mild traffic. I decided to just move on in front of the traffic, so I slipped the autostick into 4th and hit the pedal. I glanced in my mirror to insure I wasn't being rude, and noticed a black Nissan of some kind behind me. I accelerated up to about 90 or so, so as to get a little distance between me and him...hmmm no distance gained.

I increased up to 95, 100, 110...he's still there. No closer, no farther. So, I decided, you want to play? I nailed her on and went to 125 mph...the Nissan is still there! I was approaching traffic up ahead, so I pulled over and began to slow down as a 2000 Nissan Maxima went by me on my left. He looked my way and we both gave a thumbs up as he passed.

I probably could have taken him eventually (surely his limiter would have kicked in soon?) but how fast would I have had to have gone? A Maxima no less! I must admit that I was surprised how easily he stayed up with me.

Oh well...

Fritz

Old 09-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Default w5w bulbs

If you want to know my honest opinion you can't really notice that much of a difference between the phillips w5w bulbs and the stock bulbs though there is some.

Old 09-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Default Agreed

I totally agree with u guys about the cobra thing. The guy must have not been trying but it sure felt damn good though.

Old 09-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Forum Regular

I raced an older cobra, maybe a 99 or 2000 model? Had exhaust and who knows what else.

We weren't really racing, just both going fast, from 40 - 85 or so, wide open throttle, I started pulling him. Not much, but I was shocked. I know he was WOT because his exhaust was pushing out some black smoke. Probably running too rich. Either way, its interesting to see that I could keep up.

They are right though, the new supercharged model would wipe the CF face in the mudd. No way to compete with that with our cars. Maybe the SRT6 =)

Old 09-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stangs might be faster but not on looks. The 05 is interesting but still not that wild looking...