Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Montco/Bucks County PA Crossfire owners... help needed!!!

Old 09-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Montco/Bucks County PA Crossfire owners... help needed!!!

Any help would be appreciated. This happened on the border between Bucks and Montgomery Counties in Eastern PA on county line road about 7pm tonight.

long story short.... me and my bro are headed home. he's in the left lane, i'm in the right lane, about 10 feet behind him. out of nowhere, a chrysler crossfire (maroon coupe) appears on my left and nearly rearends my bro, the crossfire then veers into my lane, missing my front bumper my a millimeter and forcing me into the curb and about a foot away from a electrical pole...thus blowing my two right side tires and more than likely destroying two stock rims after i ran the curb. I was driving a 2004 jeep wrangler (sport). my bro didn't notice what happened, because he thought the kid was going to run into him. my bro attempted to chase him down, just based on what happened to him, but didn't get a plate #.

this is a somewhat rare car in my area and it was driven by a young (early 20's, backwards hat) guy with a similar aged passenger. If anyone knows of a crossfire owned by a young guy in this area, please let me know, or an owner with a son. leaving the scene of an accident is the least of his worries right now

thanks in advance
Frank

Old 09-21-2004, 01:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Montco/Bucks County PA Crossfire owners... help needed!!

Originally Posted by wreckedjeep
out of nowhere, a chrysler crossfire (maroon coupe) appears
Frank
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Are you "sure" it was a XF because they "don't" come in maroon..........

Old 09-21-2004, 07:56 AM

it was a deep red color..maybe not maroon. i know cars and i know it was a crossfire. i also know that when i do find him (and i WILL find him), it will no longer matter what color it is

Old 09-21-2004, 08:23 AM

Wreckedjeep.... It's okay to do some "body work" on the driver, but don't screw-up the car. It was the moronic driver that ran you off the road not the car. But the guy should have his butt handed to him.

Old 09-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Forum Regular

Hope you find him Wrecked Jeep and teach him to drive considerately.

I haven't seen amy posts from anyone with that address on this forum.

You should try the local dealer to see if he has the details of any red XF owners.

Old 09-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Forum Regular

I fit your description driving a "maroon" crossfire, early-mid 20's, and sometimes wear a backwards hat. But, obviously it wasn't me as I was cleaning up from the floods yesterday evening right here in good old central PA.

Old 09-22-2004, 08:43 AM

i was at the local DC dealer yesterday to get my new tires and rims and asked about young guys and maroon crossfires. they said they've only sold one maroon crossfire ever, and that was to a priest.

he won't be hard to find though, he ran me off the road at 7pm and he was wearing an eagles jersey or shirt.....which leads me to believe he was headed out to a bar to watch the game and he lived close by.

as for his car...it's toast when i find it and if he's there, so is he. I don't take almost being killed lightly and i also don't like shelling out $500 when i don't have to. The rear spoiler on his car should be about $500....i'll throw a chain around it and hook the other end to the tow hook on my jeep and watch the sparks fly.

Old 09-22-2004, 08:48 AM

If you take your anger out on the car you're just as wrong as he was. Be a man and take it out on him. Don't be a coward and take it out on a beautiful piece of machinery. I'll say it again.... The CAR didn't do a thing to you. It was the Moron driving it.

Old 09-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Forum Regular

I'll be sure to keep my car out of Bucks County until you simmer down. I don't want you mistaking my car for his. Like Wes says, take it out on the kid, not the car.

Old 09-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Forum Regular

Isn't this why we have a law enforcement system?

Old 09-22-2004, 11:37 AM

The kid was driving the car, if he didn't have the car, i wouldn't have been a foot away from death. And i know what the kid looks like, i'm not going to pound on every maroon crossfire i see.

As for law enforcement, i called 911 10 seconds after it happened. They said there's nothing they can do except broadcast the description and see if any officer caught sight of it. Besides that, there's nothing they can do...hence the vigilante justice method i will be pursuing.

Old 09-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Forum Regular

Do what you have to do, but writng it all down here for everyone to see makes it a pre-meditated act of violence.

There will always be idiots on the road.

I would try to let it go. Why end up in jail, for 2 tires and wheels?

Remember the old saying - "Two wrongs don't make a right"

Old 09-22-2004, 01:22 PM

First, let me say that I don't condone wreckless driving and I understand where you are coming from. I was the victim of a DUI hit and run that was witnessed by an police officer. After numerous dates in court and even with the star eye-witness, the driver got off without even a ticket. I still don't know what happened. I thought long and hard about what I should do to get even and then I finally realized it wasn't worth it. Trust me, if you retaliate, you'll get caught. Especially after posting threats on a web site. Just let it go man, let it go...

Just curious, why were you and your brother in different lanes and why was he driving in the left (passing lane)?

Old 09-22-2004, 01:34 PM

people that haven't been in this situation need to understand what dangerous drivers can do. If you put yourself in my situation, you would be able to understand how very pissed off i am. Not just at the act itself, but the lack of concern for another human life and also the fact that there's nothing that can be done in a lawful sense. Posting about it here is nothing. When the cop came and told me he couldn't do anyhting, i told him to be prepared for another call then when i find the guy...he said he would do the same thing in my situation. Then he proceeded to tell me how much he hates the area, how people have no concern for anyone else blah blah blah

as for being in seperate lanes. It's a 4 lane normal "road" with traffic lights every 1/4 mile. There's no passing to be done and no where to go because it's a congested area.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wreckedjeep ( Frank)......

I can truly relate to your problem, recently my wife and I were envolved in a hit and run accident. Prior to getting my XFire Roadster I owned a mint condition 1997 Sebring JXi convertible 17,000 original pampered miles on it. My wife and I were taking a leisurly drive one sunny afternoon with the top down of course. Needless to say we were run off the road by a 2003 pontiac, we hit two trees and rolled over twice and landed chasis side up and were left for dead ........the other driver never stopped. My wife and I were airlifted to a nearby hospital. I share in your pain, because If I find the driver I will have to have my roadster retrofitted for a handicapped person....because both of my feet will be firmly planted in his butt.

On a different note, I know you are upset and rightfully so.......but don't take it on the car. Take it out on him...he is the one who caused it to happen. Also....a bit of advice......choose your battles well, and necer let the enemy know your intentions.

Check with the DMV in your state.....here in New York you can have a report run on specfic makes of cars, and of course there will be a fee for the service.

Old 09-25-2004, 10:38 AM

sorry about your incident...i guess i was lucky. I can't imagine if that happened to me...i would quit my job and make it a full time effort to find the person that did it

i'm a little more cooled down now, but still plan on beating his *** when i find him. I remembered later that his car had what looked like a 4 tip stainless steel exhaust. Yesterday, i just happened to see a red crossfire pull into the lot next to my workplace...i went and looked and no 4 outlet exhaust..DAMMIT. i was really hoping i could kick his ***. Oh well...the search continues

Old 09-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Forum Regular

sorry about your incident...i guess i was lucky. I can't imagine if that happened to me...i would quit my job and make it a full time effort to find the person that did it

i'm a little more cooled down now, but still plan on beating his *** when i find him. I remembered later that his car had what looked like a 4 tip stainless steel exhaust. Yesterday, i just happened to see a red crossfire pull into the lot next to my workplace...i went and looked and no 4 outlet exhaust..DAMMIT. i was really hoping i could kick his ***. Oh well...the search continues
A 4 outlet exhaust? I don't know if that is possible. They'd have to be pretty small outlets, unless he modified the rear bumper.

Old 09-25-2004, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Heb80

A 4 outlet exhaust? I don't know if that is possible. They'd have to be pretty small outlets, unless he modified the rear bumper.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...pic.php?t=2884
with mods we've already seen 5 outlets. :shock:

Old 09-25-2004, 08:06 PM

Did anyone think that the car may have been stolen?

Just a thought.... :wink:

I would hope that anyone who owns a Crossfire wouldn't drive that irresponsibly.

Old 09-26-2004, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by 2005XFR
Did anyone think that the car may have been stolen?

Just a thought.... :wink:

I would hope that anyone who owns a Crossfire wouldn't drive that irresponsibly.
I agree the car could have been stolen, and any Xfire owner who drives that wrecklessly should not be blessed with the privilage of owning one.

Quick Reply: Montco/Bucks County PA Crossfire owners... help needed!!!