Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Lambo doors

Old 10-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lambo doors

I know there've been a lot of discussions about lambo doors on this forum.
I was checking out Ctd-germany today and guess what...They're taking pre-orders for the lambo Door conversion kit! The price is a little steep though IMO. 1,500 Euros...ouch. Plus shipping of course which isn't cheap either.
I may have to think about that one a bit. :|

Old 10-11-2004, 01:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If we can gather 10 members now we can get a group buy which is cheaper than what's in the market. Maybe we need to do the count again.

Old 10-11-2004, 05:24 PM

does the x-fire have the structure to even support the modification? i mean when you open the doors like that i'm sure lots of weight is being placed in spots that were not designed for that purpose.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Forum Regular

I suggest you try before you buy. I doubt they could easily revert to normal doors.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like there is very little room to get in and out. Anyone actually have any experience of these doors?

Would it invalidate the warranty?

Old 10-11-2004, 10:08 PM

Before anyone commits to ctd-germany, you might want to check out Redrum Customs at http://redrumcustoms.com/ They made a lambo door conversion for the Stratus guys which was 100% bolt-on with no sheetmetal work needed. I think it was right around $1000US.

I know they'll back up their work in terms of craftsmanship, but if you install the door kit and discover a leak, the dealer probably won't cover it.

Old 10-11-2004, 11:45 PM

This is not for me guys. If I wanted Lambo doors, I would have bought a Lamborghini, assuming I could afford one.
Anyways, I park under a vehicle lift. Can you imagine the first time I open the door. New air conditioning system.

Old 10-12-2004, 02:01 AM

Some Lambo doors use hydraulics with remote control operation ( which is way too cool! ) and it's very reliable enough to hold the CF doors weight. For me, its just very practical because I cannot open my door fully wide everywhere because its just too long and takes a wider space to do it. I've had chips now in the sides of my door and in my side mirrors because it just gets a bump whenever I park my CF in my garage. ( I believe the paint is not too strong )

Plus, its not just Lamborghinis who has these doors anyway and if my car will look great on it...heck I will love it to death Imagine pushing a button and your door will pop open vertically Even Porsche cars will envy my XFIREX

Plus it'll show off my illuminated door sills and blue under dash neon lights better than opening it sideways

Old 10-12-2004, 02:03 AM

We'll start the headcount for a group buy:

I'm 1

Old 10-12-2004, 11:38 AM

my friend's neighbor has lambo doors on his rsx-s. man are they ever sweet. i'd KILL to have lambo doors on a crossfire! too bad it's a lease.

Old 10-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Forum Regular

depends on price... to many b-days and xmas junk around the corner...

does someone want to contact the company that did the strauss and see how many and what price a group buy would be?

Old 10-12-2004, 05:06 PM

I'd have to have about $10 million in the bank before I'd even remotely consider wasting money on crap like that. It's like a lot of people in the Hummer crowd and Viper owners; they dump all sorts of money into their vehicles and then 3 years later they get bored and sell it.

I won't rain on the parade, if you want to cover your car in chrome or dump money into Lambo doors and 20" ghetto wheels, then enjoy. Same goes if you want gold framed paintings and brass fixtures in your home - they're ugly as hell, but it's your right to have bad taste.

This is a forum, so I'm just voicing my opinion for the silent majority that I know is laughing their azz off over this stuff. Also, I only say things that I wouldn't hesitate to say in person to another Crossfire owner - that's it and that's all.

Old 10-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fat Gino
I'd have to have about $10 million in the bank before I'd even remotely consider wasting money on crap like that. It's like a lot of people in the Hummer crowd and Viper owners; they dump all sorts of money into their vehicles and then 3 years later they get bored and sell it.

I won't rain on the parade, if you want to cover your car in chrome or dump money into Lambo doors and 20" ghetto wheels, then enjoy. Same goes if you want gold framed paintings and brass fixtures in your home - they're ugly as hell, but it's your right to have bad taste.

This is a forum, so I'm just voicing my opinion for the silent majority that I know is laughing their azz off over this stuff. Also, I only say things that I wouldn't hesitate to say in person to another Crossfire owner - that's it and that's all.
Your prospective may be a little out of wack on this one. Your not obviouly one of those that has to open the door almost all the way to get in and out of the car...

It sucks to have to park out in BFE in the parking lots to have to get in...

This is by far the weirdest door setup on any sports car I have ever owned or ridden in... If there was a quick release to slide the seat all the way back it would not be as bad... This is the first car where I could see this actually helping me out.

-marc

Old 10-12-2004, 06:02 PM

Drunkiq:

Cool, I'm not trying to be Il Duce or **** in this thread; I'm just an opinionated kind of guy most of the time. You work hard for your money and should be able to spend it on whatever legal means you desire.

I don't have any problems getting in and out of the Crossfire and I'm a slob [seriously]. The last time I exercised was when our high school gym teacher had us run laps; that was more than ten years ago.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:53 PM

It's not actually a waste of money if it makes you happy. It's just like being fat...you wasted too much food in the toilet