Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

"Need some advice"

Old 01-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "Need some advice"

What should I buy? A Crossfire new (demo) for $51000 or a 4 year old Audi TT for $49000, Aussie dollars? It's all about looks for me.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:34 PM

Donna, if it's all about looks, the Crossfire is a clear winner. With the TT, you'll be part of the crowd; with the Xfire, you'll stand out in the crowd. If you don't like attention, get the TT. Just my humble, unbiased opinion.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If some people can't take it that the Crossfire has the old SLK platform with a great styling, how much more for the Audi TT which has an older and the same styling for more than a decade now?

Old 01-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Forum Regular

Well, I guess I 'll weigh in on this one. No matter how fantastic a car is: you will find someone who hates it, that's life!
I have a Xfire I bought 6 months ago and it has plenty of power, looks to die for and the 99% of the people that I run into go out of their way to compliment it. I have had over 8 Corvettes, which I love, and have never had this response. (although my 58 was a head turner)
I absolutely love to drive it. I can't believe how many times I get a thumbs up from complete strangers while cruisin in the city. If you don't like attention, don't buy an Xfire!

Old 01-04-2005, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cyril Baldwin
Good luck and enjoy your 300 HP. Just don't forget that the speed limit's only 70 MPH.

As for me, I'll keep enjoying the great Crossfire class and styling ( better than the Bentley coupe) - PRICELESS!
Highest posted limit here is 55mph, but I find that going the speed limits are over rated.

Old 01-04-2005, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Donna
What should I buy? A Crossfire new (demo) for $51000 or a 4 year old Audi TT for $49000, Aussie dollars? It's all about looks for me.
If looks are your main concern, go with the crossfire because that is about all it really has to offer.

Old 01-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At least Bullseye was badly infatuated with the Crossfire at his first glance or else he wouldn't have leased it. I can't believe Bullseye traded or sold his '03 Cobra for a Crossfire! Call it a LOVESTRUCK effect from the Crossfire beauty!

There's alot of fast cars over the market these days but only a few have some style. If it's just speed that suits your heart's content, then you can never be happy because there are always cars that run faster than yours. It takes a deep pocket to savor for speed and if you don't have it then maybe it's time to take your Prozac 'cause you'll never gonna be happy with what you have ( WRX STi, 350Z, '03 Cobra etc..).

And lastly, just a piece of advice...cars are bad investments if that's what you think. Don't even think about it as one or expect any equity from it because you'll always lose your money the day your car leaves the dealership.

As a Chinese proverb goes " Men are like piggy banks, those that don't have the money makes more noise and those that are full are quiet "

Last edited by Cyril Baldwin; 01-05-2005 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:25 AM

bullseye,
It is obvious that you are all about speed and beating someone else. that is great for NASCAR and F1, but on public streets where you seem to do your driving all it is is likely to do is get you a ticket, higher insurance rates and you and or someone else killed. Do you have an inferiority complex that you have to keep proving yourself by driving fast and dangerously? I don't know what part of the country you drive, but I want no part of the road you are on. If you kill someone in one of your on-street races, they call it manslaughter and put you in jail. Think about it. If you truly want to race, get on one of the SCCA(sports car club of America) sanctioned races where everyone drives the same class car on a track without women and children as your unintended victims. Then, if you win there you can crow that you are a good driver, or instead crawl off and hide if you get your a$$ kicked. In order to be faster on the public highways all you need is a fatter wallet. Why not save all the trouble and compare bank balances. The crossfire is all about style and good looks for a very reasonable price, which is why I bet 95% of the people on this forum bought theirs. GROW UP!

Old 01-05-2005, 09:52 AM

To the possible TT buyer. I had a 225hp TT roadster. I found the car boring after about a year. My friend assumed the lease and I am much more pleased with my 05 XF Roadster. I just like the feel of the car better. I also love the auto-stick, once you learn how to drive it.

Old 01-05-2005, 10:22 AM

...and bullseye, I realize this is a free country but if you dislike your xfire so much, why are you even here on this site among a lot of people who really like their xfires?

Old 01-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Re: "Need some advice"

Cyril, Buckeye, and Lee,

Could not have said it any better, if you buy a car sheerly for speed and to race on public roads you have a major problem with life. That is to say that you don't care about yours and others, just my 2 cents. I have seen too many fatal accidents involving young drivers who think that speed is the answer. The ironic part is that the speeding driver usually never gets hurt that bad, but the unknowing victim or pedsestrian is the one that ends up crippled or dead. You might say that we are just a bunch of old men who don't know what we are talking about, but there is a reason why we got to be old men. I know that every Xfire owner has tested thier car, by putting the pedal to metal. But we all realize that other people depend on everyone else for safety especially on the road. To buy a car to just rip up the roads and try to challange everyone that you meet is just a death wish.

Last edited by CrossfireLTD; 01-05-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:07 AM

I love my xfire. Infact I bought it to travel about 80 miles round trip to work in Dallas. I love the handling which is so important because it seems that no-one in TX knows how to drive. Honestly my only hang up with the car is that everyone is looking at it and you cant pick your nose at the red light or have a bad hair day. I love this car and would argue it with anyone. I would definately recommend getting one.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Re: "Need some advice"

Originally Posted by leebea
...and bullseye, I realize this is a free country but if you dislike your xfire so much, why are you even here on this site among a lot of people who really like their xfires?
That's the best ? I've seen asked of Bs Eye.Maybe he doesn't want anymore 21 year olds to be dissappointed with a XF because it won't win a street race against a juiced Sentra.

Old 01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Forum Regular

There is a lot of forums on cars that I dislike, however, I would not even consider going on them to run them down, just to make the owners feel bad. What is the point! If I every moved on to another car, I would go onto their forum and not complain on this one! I thought the purpose of this forum was exchanging issues and thoughts to improve the ownership experience of our baby Xfires. Just my thoughts.

Old 01-05-2005, 05:35 PM

During my younger biker days we used to have a saying, "there are old bikers and there are bold bikers, but there are no old bold bikers." The same applies to cars. Most of us who have reached our 50's or 60's have lost of lot of good friends to the highway.