Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Lift Pads

Old 04-17-2015, 08:57 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lift Pads

Went to the shop to have the oil changed. Found two of the lift pads under the car missing. Drivers side. Any of you folks had this problem? The shop had hockey pucks for just that reason. Thoughts please.
Bill T.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Lift Pads

This is pretty common. They are held in place with a plastic screw thingey that can easily come out, or if something hits the pad it will come loose even if the screw is in place.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
This is pretty common. They are held in place with a plastic screw thingey that can easily come out, or if something hits the pad it will come loose even if the screw is in place.
Thanks. That is what we kinda thought. Ya No What, I think I will just buy 4 hockey pucks. LOL it works.
While I have you, I need to get a trickle charger for winter storage. We go to Florida. I want to get a GOOD ONE. I had a Schumacher in the past the did not work. I had to end up disconnecting the battery on my 87 Mustang instead of using a charger. I don't think this will work with the XF. I thought the Schumacher was a good brand but was proven wrong. Any help? Thanks,
Bill T.

Last edited by Billto; 04-17-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill T.
Thanks. That is what we kinda thought. Ya No What, I think I will just buy 4 hockey pucks. LOL it works.
While I have you, I need to get a trickle charger for winter storage. We go to Florida. I want to get a GOOD ONE. I had a Schumacher in the past the did not work. I had to end up disconnecting the battery on my 87 Mustang instead of using a charger. I don't think this will work with the XF. I thought the Schumacher was a good brand but was proven wrong. Any help? Thanks,
Bill T.
I guess I just got lucky. A few years ago I bought a lot of 5 2 amp ones from a Chinese eBay site and
have no problems with any of them.
I have one for the riding mower, the old '90 Suburban, the '89 Probe, the Crossfire and a spare.
I bought some 2 pin trailer hookup wires so I could plug them up without opening the hoods.
( make sure the 'hot' pin from the battery is the female so it can't touch anything, probably a good idea would be to also include an inline fuse, but I didn't )

Old 04-17-2015, 10:50 AM
Forum Regular

I guess I just got lucky. A few years ago I bought a lot of 5 2 amp ones from a Chinese eBay site and
I have one for the riding mower, the old '90 Suburban, the '89 Probe, the Crossfire and a spare.
I bought some 2 pin trailer hookup wires so I could plug them up without opening the hoods.
( make sure the 'hot' pin from the battery is the female so it can't touch anything, probably a good idea would be to also include an inline fuse, but I didn't )
Thank you. Money isn't the problem. I just put a new battery in the XF and wouldn't want to cook it. I was thinking of going with the "Battery Tender" it has a pretty good reputation. Thanks again,
Bill T.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been using Deltran's for sometime on both Crossfires and my motorcycles and have not been disappointed. Deltran Battery Tender A lot of folks in the motorcycle community have been using them for years and come highly recommended.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill T.
Went to the shop to have the oil changed. Found two of the lift pads under the car missing. Drivers side. Any of you folks had this problem? The shop had hockey pucks for just that reason. Thoughts please.
Bill T.

Bill here is one for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-Chrysler-Crossfire-Jack-pad-OEM-MADE-THE-BEST-/181615054121?hash=item2a4919cd29&vxp=mtr

Old 04-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by csteve0355
Thanks for the reply Steve. There hadn't been any response to my post and just today bought 4 hockey pucks. Two I need and two in case the others fall off. OH, for a lot less money than they want for that one jack pad. By the way, the muffler delete turned out to be a little more than I wanted plus too much gurgling. Went back to the shop and the guys added a 14" steel Cherry Bomb muffler behind the cats. Cured the problem. Very pleased with it now.
Bill T.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hindin
I've been using Deltran's for sometime on both Crossfires and my motorcycles and have not been disappointed. Deltran Battery Tender A lot of folks in the motorcycle community have been using them for years and come highly recommended.
Thanks,
I am going to go this route. I hear nothing but good reports about the Battery Tender.
I will check it out further and make sure I get the right one for my needs.
Bill T.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:43 AM
Received 376 Likes on 326 Posts

Hiya George, just bought two (from Harbor Freight, friend in NC picked em up, just have to wait until he or I next visit each other). They were on sale for 6 bucks each, original 20 bucks each (They have a boatload of em and need the room I guess). Can't wait till they come in, I have 5 things with wet cells in them but one with a backup would be more than what I think I would use.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:44 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

The float chargers (not trickle chargers) will maintain charge but not overcharge. I bought the Chinese made from Harbor Freight and they have done great over the winter on my 3 stored cars, motorcyle, and lawnmower batteries. Everything started in the spring. I replaced my XF batteries at 8 years not because they were dead, but because they leaked out of the overflow. Batterytenders are excellent, but Harbor Freights work as well.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Goldwing
The float chargers (not trickle chargers) will maintain charge but not overcharge. I bought the Chinese made from Harbor Freight and they have done great over the winter on my 3 stored cars, motorcyle, and lawnmower batteries. Everything started in the spring. I replaced my XF batteries at 8 years not because they were dead, but because they leaked out of the overflow. Batterytenders are excellent, but Harbor Freights work as well.
Thanks for the response. But me, I went that route in the past and burned up two batteries over two winters in my Mustang. I think I will go with the Battery Tender. Pretty much a known item. Your input is appreciated.
Bill T.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes you cant go wrong with a battery charger from battery tender I have 4 of these now for all the toys used many a different brands before these battery tender do the best job & keep on working no problems !!!!