Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.
View Poll Results: What problems have you encountered with you baby?
Radio - Dark display
40.96%
Window Switches - Backwards
19.28%
Door Alignment
9.64%
Window Alignment
30.12%
Rear Hatch
31.33%
Radiator Hose - Relocate
24.10%
Other - Please indicate in post
28.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Problems with the Crossfire by your build number

Old 04-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Problems with the Crossfire by your build number

Originally Posted by DGKIRKMAN
1st gear pop out..
gritty feeling in the clutch..
only shifts smooth when shifting fast..
stereo/center consil lights are dim..
DGKIRKMAN: I suppose you know about the TSB for the transmission syncros to fix the popping out of gear issue. Once they are done and the transmission shift linkeage is re-alined, you should be OK!
Good Luck!

Old 04-07-2005, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bob G
DGKIRKMAN: I suppose you know about the TSB for the transmission syncros to fix the popping out of gear issue. Once they are done and the transmission shift linkage is re-aligned, you should be OK!
Good Luck!
no i don't! what's tsb mean & who do i talk to? the dealer didn't say any thing when i told them it was popping out of gear..

Old 04-08-2005, 04:00 PM

Our rear hatch has creaked since we picked up the car, but it seems to be related to the outside temp too...........anything above 50 degrees or so and it is quiet. I also armor all the heck out of the rubber seal and that seems to help. If you wax where the two small outside legs or supports hit the body, that helps too..........

Old 04-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DGKIRKMAN
no i dont ! whats tsb mean & who do i talk to..the dealer didnt say any thing when i told them it was poping out of gear..
DG:
TSB is the "technicial service bulletin" from Dodge Chrysler and it is available thru the dealer. You usually have to ask before they will even bother looking for it.
If you dig thru this forum, you will find it here as I saw it myself. At 1st they were changing transmissions and later just the syncros in 1st gear.
Good luck.

Old 04-09-2005, 05:45 PM

Bob
Thanx 4 the heads up I found a thread that had the tsb #

Old 04-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just fixed the wind noise and popping door problem myself since 3 trips in the dealership is full of s#h*t and they were'nt able to fix it! I bought a Metro weather strip from Autozone and slip it inside the space behind the stock rubber insulation and it worked just great I can barely hear my Magnaflow exhaust revving up now!

Old 04-11-2005, 12:28 AM

I just bought a "used" XF number 1260. I tracked down the previous owner and he never had any problems with it, of course he was a car collecter and only drove it 4800 miles. I did have the light on dark problem with the radio and found out how good it is to have a dealer with a decent SERVICE department.

I took it to my local Chrysler dealer (not a Crossfire dealer) to see if I could even have work done on it. I mentioned that the radio was a little hard to read in daylight. The service manager, started looking throught the manuals, while one of the mechanics pulled up the Technical Service Bulletins for the car. He told me that the fix was to replace the radio and he would have one in a couple of days. The only catch is that since he is not a Crossfire dealer, he doesn't have all the special tools, like the keys needed to remove the radio. I bought the tools (which are now in my toolbox) and he supplied the new radio.

As I read the "horror stories" of others problems with the SERVICE department, I'm gratefull to have a descent service manager less than a mile from the house. He has worked on my Conquest and was able to point out where I could buy "alternate" parts for the car, like the distributor housing, he had an old one off a K car and said if I'd return the electronics, the unit was the same as on the Conquest.

Of course there was the time I took in my wife's Caravan with a heater problem. I had already diagnosed the problem as a stuck cut-off valve for the heater and had placed a tag on the valve saying to replace the unit. They started by tearing down the dash, spent a good part of a day doing it. When they found my tag, they only charged me for the time to replace the valve. Not many service departments would have that kind of attitude. I've bought several cars from this dealer, not because they have the best price, but because I know I'll get treated fairly in the shop.

I bought the Crossfire from the same dealer that sold be the Conquest. They have a great selection on the lot, but 5 star or not, their service department is about what I've read about on these boards. (It took 5 trips to get a door lock fixed.) I may end up buying some tools - I have cases of special tools for other cars I've owned - but at least I'll know the job will be done right.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:12 PM

Mine occasionally pops out of first gear also. I think it is because I hadn't put it completely into first.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:19 PM

Well I just bought a left over 04 #4850 and I noticed sometimes when I am driving down a smooth road going about 50 mph I notice a bit of a shuddering in the rear end like as if the rear end alignment was out of wack if that makes sense. Could it be the tires from sitting for so long, or is it something else.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jason60050
Mine occasionally pops out of first gear also. I think it is because I hadn't put it completely into first.
Jason:
Your car should not occasionally pop out of 1st, although, if you don't put it all the way in, it will happen. You may want to get the dealer to look at it before you do more damage that just syncros. It's all warranty!

Old 05-19-2005, 12:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problems here with #015019

Old 05-19-2005, 02:47 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Problems with the Crossfire by your build number

No problems here - #32195

Old 05-19-2005, 11:10 AM

2989 - no problems so far - just the reversed window switches & the rubber support stops on the latch are rubbing through the paint already.

Old 05-19-2005, 01:07 PM

Faulty alarm - hazard's flashed, no sound. Siren dead and had to be replaced.

Old 05-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Forum Regular

13588 - no problems so far. Just nasty wind noises.

Old 05-19-2005, 04:06 PM

I guess I'm lucky because I don't have the wind problems you guys seem to have. My windows pop when I close the door, but I suspect that's from a tight seal so I don't worry about it.

As for the alarm - I haven't seen a Crossfire that makes any horn noises when you arm or disarm...

Old 05-19-2005, 06:08 PM

Hatch will not lock is all. Had it three days and caught a rock in the windshield. Made a pretty star. I just can't keep a nice new car flawless for long.

Old 05-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pipes
As for the alarm - I haven't seen a Crossfire that makes any horn noises when you arm or disarm...
As far as I know the SLK could have been programmed to do that. But I don't have any manual. Maybe someone else does.

Old 05-20-2005, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by pipes
Sorry pipes, I should have elaborated. I lost the key to my xf (spare in car - well done!). Chrysler's 24 hr assistance guys, Mondial I think, came out to break in - which was done in under 5 mins worryingly!! As soon as they got into the car the hazard lights started to flash but no sound. Turned out the siren was knackered.

Last edited by CrossfireUK; 05-20-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:11 AM

Replaced radio - build no. 498.

Quick Reply: Problems with the Crossfire by your build number