Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Owner - Front parking sensors

Old 08-13-2015, 06:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner - Front parking sensors

Hi everyone, just got my own crossfire here in the UK. It's a 2005 coupe (auto).

As with most new cars I have many questions most of which have been solved via this forum (thanks). For example lack of a audio tone when locking the car (fixed), too much bass on stereo (fixed), lack of paint code information, good cheap mix paint from Halfords (fixed) etc.

However one question still remains, the car has working reverse parking sensors and also 4 mouldings in the from bumper indicating that perhaps there are forward parking sensors. If so they do not work or perhaps not been used correctly?

1. Were front parking sensors an option or ever fitted to these cars?
2. Are these perhaps dummy mouldings?
3. Where would I start in trying to find out why they do not work?
4. How would these be deployed (turned on), perhaps they need to be engaged somehow?
5. Is there a resource for the front sensor wiring diagrams?

Thanks

Old 08-18-2015, 10:32 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: New Owner - Front parking sensors

"reverse parking sensors" really? there's a system on your car that warns of rear proximity issues when backing up?
If so you have the only Crossfire I've ever heard of with such a feature. As for the front again I've never seen or heard of a Crossfire with them, US models or EU market.
Do you have any pictures?

Old 08-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by ZX2 Nick
"reverse parking sensors" really? there's a system on your car that warns of rear proximity issues when backing up?
If so you have the only Crossfire I've ever heard of with such a feature. As for the front again I've never seen or heard of a Crossfire with them, US models or EU market.
Do you have any pictures?
Chrysler offered this as a dealer supplied option on the Crossfire and other models. So it is not so strange, I recall at least one North American car fitted with them. They were also offered by other vendors.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:51 AM

Thanks for the replies...

Hmm confused, so they may be after market or fitted by the manufacturer.

As it appears to be rare I guess finding someone else with front sensors on a xfire is unlikely as will getting advice on how the front ones should work / turn on.

Assuming the front ones should become live when reverse is selected, say for parking between two cars, mine either have a fault or engage a different way.

If they were in fact fitted as an option do you think there will be a wiring diagram so I could try and trace the circuit. Also does anyone know where Chysler/Karrmann would have placed the box that the sensors must plug into?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1.jpg (654.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg
2.jpg (858.6 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by toob; 08-19-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by toob
Thanks for the replies...

Hmm confused, so they may be after market or fitted by the manufacturer.

As it appears to be rare I guess finding someone else with front sensors on a xfire is unlikely as will getting advice on how the front ones should work / turn on.

Assuming the front ones should become live when reverse is selected, say for parking between two cars, mine either have a fault or engage a different way.

If they were in fact fitted as an option do you think there will be a wiring diagram so I could try and trace the circuit. Also does anyone know where Chysler/Karman would have placed the box that the sensors must plug into?
I said they could have been installed by the dealer not Chrysler or Karrmann, big difference. Why would the fronts come on when reverse is selected? I'd say my eyes are better than the front sensors.
I guess these could have been fitted so that a blind person could drive the car, otherwise why have them on the front? Maybe an idiot put them on the front by mistake and then onto the back and left them on e front to hide the holes.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:31 AM

Yeah perhaps it belonged to Stevie Wonder once?
The reasoning behind thinking the front sensors engaged when selecting reverse was. as I stated originally, when parking between two cars. You first reverse into a spot, then select drive and the front sensors would beep to warn you from hitting the car in front. This, I understand is how the majority of vehicles engage their front parking sensors when both front and rears are fitted, alternatively there can be a switch.
Just trying to find out how ours are meant to work as they appear to be not working.