Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Radio/CD player froze...

Old 02-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Radio/CD player froze...

Has anyone had any problems with the radio/CD/Nav? I had been driving my car on and off all day the other day, the last stretch before the problem I was driving for about 1 1/2 hours, then it was off and parked for at least an hour or better. Got back in it to head home, was using the Nav, then when my husband went to change the CD it loaded it and just kind of sat there. (I've used this CD many times in the past), but it wouldn't play, sat there at 00:00, wouldn't forward or reverse, wouldn't spit it back out, and when we pressed the radio button it would display the station but not play the radio either. All the while the Nav was still working as if everything was all right.

Turning off the car and then restarting got the radio working again, until we tried to hit the CD again and we were back to square one (and now on a twisty mountain road, so no way to turn the car off). Luckily it was a nice drive with the top down and we could enjoy the silence (in between convo's off course). When I got it home that night it kept asking for the Nav CD and it kept making noises like it was trying to load or read a CD.

I didn't drive the car all day yesterday, and this morning when I merely hit the unlock button the CD changer started making noises again. The radio worked fine this morning, but I was too nervous to put another CD in it. I will take it to the dealer as soon as I get a chance (possibly not till Friday or next week), but I was curious if anyone else had experienced anything like this. It's an '05 Roadster, less than 2K on it.

CLIFF NOTES: Navigation continued to work like normal, yet CD player and radio froze and were unoperable.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Default Re: Radio/CD player froze...

MoparAlleyCat,

I had the same problem. It occurred only once and was then trouble free for over a month. I dropped by the dealer a month after the problem occurred and they offered to run an error scan on the car. They found a record of one error code from the CD, and they replaced the unit for free even though it was it was operating fine when I took it in. You shouldn't have any problem getting your system replaced.

Old 02-07-2005, 03:45 PM

Awesome, thanks Alvin!! Hopefully they can fix the whistle too! lol

Old 02-08-2005, 05:18 PM

i had the same problem but a little different.....

when i opened my radio it freezes at when chrysler word comes on the screen.... a few times this happened.....

and another thing that happened, the cd become too hot and the player doesnt give out the cd.....

Old 02-08-2005, 05:35 PM

I've had the problem with the CD getting hot, but no freezing. I noticed the CD getting hot with the original radio/CD and the replacement.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:24 PM

Good posts here folks, thanks! My CD has been freezing up (very occasionally) but thought it would be one of those things that the dealer would say "works fine for us, bring it back the next time it happens" as it has been so intermittent. Now I know it throws up a fault code, I'll take it in.