Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Is my car the only one falling apart?

Old 02-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my car the only one falling apart?

Since purchasing my Crossfire I've come across a lot of 'little' problems that have suprised me. I know some of them have been addressed in the forums, but I wanted to post them and see if anyone else had been hit by ALL of them on a single vehicle. I'm dropping the vehicle off at the dealership on Monday, but I was curious:

1. Rear hatch will not open, lever doesn't seem to 'catch'.
2. Wind nosie through drivers side door. (I know that has been addressed here)
3. Water leaks around bottom of driver's side door.
4. Paint flaking off console. (I know that has been addressed here)
5. BAS/ESP light comes on at random times.
6. Padding on passengers door, above door when door is open, pulling away from body.
7. Car pulls to the left (or right) when braking.
8. Gas Cap will not stay closed.
9. Drivers side window will not always roll up / down.
10. Plastic around speaker in door falling down.
11. Rear support bar behind passengar door - plastic falling down.
12. While most of it is attributed to the problems above, this car rattles a LOT. Drives me insane, well, atleast more insane than I already am...

While I've seen some great reviews on the Crossfire here, and enjoy driving mine, this seems like a lot to be wrong with a single car at 25,000 miles. Is anyone else experiencing this multitude of problems?

Thanks,

David

Old 02-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Default Re: Is my car the only one falling apart?

Sounds like this veh might have been in an accident. Did you buy it brand new? How many miles were on it when you got it? What is the build number (last 5 digits of serial no)?

Old 02-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Mine rattles a lot also. They ordered me a new door panel and will address the rattles under the steering column and left side of the dash. The rattles drive me nuts too.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:59 PM

It's a possibility (if it was bought new) that you happened to be an unlucky soul who got a "lemon"

Old 02-09-2005, 04:30 PM

I can tell my dash panels are starting to loosen up a bit. What started as the occasional creaking sound has developed into a full rattle. I guess Michigan roads were just too much for it.

Old 02-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Forum Regular

I've not had any of those issues. The only ones I've had is a vibrating drivers-side sub speaker (which was swapped for another one), ash-tray draw didn't open (I think the guy who fitted my mobile phone kit caused it though, fixed it myself), wind noise (there is a TSB on this and my dealer fixed it, or made it better anyway), and recently one of the 4 cat convertors has gone up the spout and a new one is on order at the moment for me.

Old 02-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two your problems:
1. I had the same problem. A pipe of the vacuum system for the rear hatch was broken and that was the problem. The vacuum pump will open the hatch but they get air from outside and then the hatch doesn’t open. The hole in the pipe was on the connection between the hatch and the car roof.

2. No problem the DC deal will fix that soon.
3. If the water comes out of the door then it is ok. They are little holes to let out the rain water.

4. I don’t know that.
5. It is normal if the rear wheels have no contact or the have no grip.
6. I don’t know that.

7. I don’t know that.

8. I have the same problem and hop to get a new one at the dealer next month (warranty)

9-12 I don’t know.

Hope that will helps you a little bit.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that... Sounds like you got the bad apple...

Old 02-09-2005, 09:35 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems, after a year of ownership (bought new) the only "problem" I have had is a slight wind noise around the drivers side window. Other than that my Crossfire has been fantastic.

Old 02-09-2005, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by MoparAlleyCat
It's a possibility (if it was bought new) that you happened to be an unlucky soul who got a "lemon"
I would find that having a lemon to be a blessing. Would wash away my amount owed.

Anywho, this is going to sound stupid, but does it bother anyone else that when you spray you washer fluid, it streaks back down after the wipers are done leaving a big @$$ streak down your windshield. It bothered me as much as the weaker power.

Old 02-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Cool Re: Is my car the only one falling apart?

Originally Posted by Bullseye
Anywho, this is going to sound stupid, but does it bother anyone else that when you spray you washer fluid, it streaks back down after the wipers are done leaving a big @$$ streak down your windshield. It bothered me as much as the weaker power.

You're right, it sounds stupid; I haven't a clue what you mean.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:05 AM
KyleJWink

Hahahahahahahahaha (not laughing at your situation, im laughing at mbepic)

Old 02-10-2005, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mbepic
You're right, it sounds stupid; I haven't a clue what you mean.
It sounds stupid because you don't understand it? So if you didnt understand quatum physics you would call it stupid?

What I mean is, say your windshield is covered in salt, I'm sure you can imagine that, then since your windshield is so dirty, to decide to spraysome washer fluid to clean your windshield, then while spraying the wipers also turn on to wipe the washer fluid off and give you a nice clean windshield. Just let me know if I lost you. All my other cars the washer fluid would be tottaly wiped off after spraying, not so with the crossfire, the wipers push it up to the passenger wiper stops, the overspray then builds there and starts streaking down the windshield, and if you dont keep on wiping it, it will leave a big streak down your windshield. BUt you can't keep on doing it because the wipers will become dry resulting in smearing what ever is left on your windshield, which in turn causes you to spray more washer fluild and the process repeats itself.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can draw out a schematic if that helps you.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Cool Re: Is my car the only one falling apart?

Originally Posted by Bullseye
It sounds stupid because you don't understand it? So if you didnt understand quatum physics you would call it stupid?

What I mean is, say your windshield is covered in salt, I'm sure you can imagine that, then since your windshield is so dirty, to decide to spraysome washer fluid to clean your windshield, then while spraying the wipers also turn on to wipe the washer fluid off and give you a nice clean windshield. Just let me know if I lost you. All my other cars the washer fluid would be tottaly wiped off after spraying, not so with the crossfire, the wipers push it up to the passenger wiper stops, the overspray then builds there and starts streaking down the windshield, and if you dont keep on wiping it, it will leave a big streak down your windshield. BUt you can't keep on doing it because the wipers will become dry resulting in smearing what ever is left on your windshield, which in turn causes you to spray more washer fluild and the process repeats itself.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can draw out a schematic if that helps you.
Oh my, life is sooo complicated for a 21 year old. That Crossfire can't do anything right can it?

Old 02-10-2005, 10:55 AM

MBECIC i think your setup looks good... dont worry about bullseye he'll soon be ont he srt-4 forum annoying those guys and then he'll go somewhere else and on to somwhere else where thus the process repeats itself. :-) if ya'll arent following me I can get my Labrador to draw you a diagram.

Have a nice day :-)

Old 02-10-2005, 01:26 PM

The only issues I have are:

1. A major wind noise, sounds like it's coming more from the top than the window...50mph and up. I have heard it even with the top down.
2. My radio & CD portion completely froze the other day (Nav still worked fine).

I plan to take it in as soon as I get a chance, but my schedule is ridiculous lately. Mine is slightly lowered with wheels and I haven't had any problems with rattling panels (knocks on wood ) & anyone who's driven on the CA freeways knows how rough they can be!

Someone else said they had the same problem with the cd player, and it is working again normally, but I still would like to have it looked at/replaced. And if there is ANY way they can at least"tone down" the wind noise I'd be relieved!

Old 02-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dwolfenb
Since purchasing my Crossfire I've come across a lot of 'little' problems that have suprised me. I know some of them have been addressed in the forums, but I wanted to post them and see if anyone else had been hit by ALL of them on a single vehicle. I'm dropping the vehicle off at the dealership on Monday, but I was curious:

1. Rear hatch will not open, lever doesn't seem to 'catch'.
2. Wind nosie through drivers side door. (I know that has been addressed here)
3. Water leaks around bottom of driver's side door.
4. Paint flaking off console. (I know that has been addressed here)
5. BAS/ESP light comes on at random times.
6. Padding on passengers door, above door when door is open, pulling away from body.
7. Car pulls to the left (or right) when braking.
8. Gas Cap will not stay closed.
9. Drivers side window will not always roll up / down.
10. Plastic around speaker in door falling down.
11. Rear support bar behind passengar door - plastic falling down.
12. While most of it is attributed to the problems above, this car rattles a LOT. Drives me insane, well, atleast more insane than I already am...

While I've seen some great reviews on the Crossfire here, and enjoy driving mine, this seems like a lot to be wrong with a single car at 25,000 miles. Is anyone else experiencing this multitude of problems?

Thanks,

David
Dave:
1. Hatch works fine, although it did rattle from new so the dealer fixed it. Ok now.
2. I do have some window noise in my coupe and will get it checked on my next lube apt.
3. No leaks on door.
4. No paint flaking. Must be faulty paint job on yours.
5. You know that the light will come on and flash when the tires want to break free reguardless whether you turn the system on or off. It just wants to notify you that it is working.
6. Door paddng OK so your dealer should be able to replace fasteners or something.
7. Car does not pull but a little lower air presure can do that if they are not equal.
8. Gas cap OK too, dealer adjustment.
9. Window switch sometimes needs a second push to work. No big deal to me.
10. Speaker plastic OK too, dealer adjustment.
11. Plastic OK.
12. I don't have a lot of rattles so you will have to ask your dealer to test drive and see if they can find them.
My mileage is 12klms. Good Luck!

Old 02-10-2005, 08:49 PM

We have 27000 on ours and It dosen't rattle. only problem you mentioned is brake pulling. And I belive it is a moisture problem.
Our wing squeaked. ddriver seat didn't get warm. ( wife likes hot a butt). Trans sensor leaked. Drivers window would squeak and had a film from inside of door. on window. The air filter cover melted and insulation. it was left loose. All problems fixed.

Old 08-03-2005, 02:57 PM

I have a 2004 coupe for about 3 months now. I love the car but i have noticed some things as well. I have the hatch not closely completely at times. The radio face is so dim i cannot see it. There is a noticeable clicking in the steering column. My cup holder is broken too. I used it a few times and now it will not latch in place.

Going to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change and inquire about some of these issues.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a TSB to replace the Radio and a TSB for the rear hatch repair. There is also one to replace the cup holder with a storage bin if you want.

Quick Reply: Is my car the only one falling apart?