Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

And end of an era.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And end of an era.

Yesterday, I became a former Crossfire owner. My black '07 coupe was with me for 9 years and 69,000 miles, but sadly, it was getting a bit too expensive to maintain and I just couldn't care for all the little maintenance demands that we're starting to pop up. I traded it in for a new 2016 Mazda MX-5. While I couldn't be happier, I will still miss my Crossfire and all the fun I had in it. It was a good car.

If anyone is interested in snagging it from the dealer, it was sold to CJ Wilson Mazda of Orland Park, in the south suburbs of Chicago. It was a daily driver for 9 years, so it's not cosmetically in the greatest condition, but I can't think of any other people that would take care of it better than you folks. The VIN is 1C3LN59L77X072277.

I also have a set of Z-chains (snow chains) that work for the Crossfire if anyone needs them. I'd be willing to sell them for half retail, probably.

Lastly, I am the current and only admin of the Crossfire page on Facebook. I'd like to pass that ownership on to one of you, if anyone wants it. You all have been a fantastic bunch over the years and I couldn't think of anyone better to tell this all to. If anyone has any interest in any of this, let me know.

As a last goodbye, I took a photo of the Crossfire next to my new MX-5. Thought I'd share it with you all:

Old 03-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: And end of an era.

Sorry for your lost.
the best to you in the future.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:51 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Wish you luck.
I might be interested in the chains, any more info?
Style?
Size, will they fit 275-285.
Pm me please
TY
Speedy

Old 03-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Wish you luck.
I might be interested in the chains, any more info?
Style?
Size, will they fit 275-285.
Pm me please
TY
Speedy
Front set:

Rear set:

The cards list any sizes they fit. The Crossfire's stock size isn't listed for one of them, but I've used them no problem and I think I was recommended to them by another forum user awhile back.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry to hear of your departure, Enjoy the new car. What Facebook page are you talking about?

Old 03-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Big Daddy
sorry to hear of your departure, Enjoy the new car. What Facebook page are you talking about?
https://www.facebook.com/ChryslerCrossfire/

Old 03-27-2016, 11:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

so your the one who has that page...been wondering for a while now. I am one of 3 admins of the Chrysler Crossfire Owners page

Old 03-28-2016, 12:02 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Big Daddy
so your the one who has that page...been wondering for a while now. I am one of 3 admins of the Chrysler Crossfire Owners page
Yep, that's me! I got it from some Turkish guy.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:08 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for your contributions to the forum/FB page and good luck going forward.
Enjoy the Miata.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:58 AM

We are similar but going in different directions...

I love my white CX5 Touring and just added an Alabaster White 2006 Crossfire Coupe as a second car to take off some mileage pressure off of the Mazda.

I surely hope that I will not have tons of maintenance problems with the Crossfire (now 53,000 miles).

Sorry to see you go as I come in....

Old 03-28-2016, 05:08 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by shapeshifter309
Yesterday, I became a former Crossfire owner. My black '07 coupe was with me for 9 years and 69,000 miles, but sadly, it was getting a bit too expensive to maintain and I just couldn't care for all the little maintenance demands that we're starting to pop up. I traded it in for a new 2016 Mazda MX-5. While I couldn't be happier, I will still miss my Crossfire and all the fun I had in it. It was a good car.

If anyone is interested in snagging it from the dealer, it was sold to CJ Wilson Mazda of Orland Park, in the south suburbs of Chicago. It was a daily driver for 9 years, so it's not cosmetically in the greatest condition, but I can't think of any other people that would take care of it better than you folks. The VIN is 1C3LN59L77X072277.

I also have a set of Z-chains (snow chains) that work for the Crossfire if anyone needs them. I'd be willing to sell them for half retail, probably.

Lastly, I am the current and only admin of the Crossfire page on Facebook. I'd like to pass that ownership on to one of you, if anyone wants it. You all have been a fantastic bunch over the years and I couldn't think of anyone better to tell this all to. If anyone has any interest in any of this, let me know.

As a last goodbye, I took a photo of the Crossfire next to my new MX-5. Thought I'd share it with you all:
I think that compared to buying a new car the cost for the upkeep of the Crossfire would have been a minor expense. I have used this excuse in the past to get another car.
We may need a reliable car to go forward with but the expense excuse is not quite true. I think we have all made the same excuses for a new car, I know I have.
I think if I wanted a MX-5 I would have waited for the new coupe coming out, especially if I lived in the area where chains were needed. Nice looking vehicle.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billybud
We are similar but going in different directions...

I love my white CX5 Touring and just added an Alabaster White 2006 Crossfire Coupe as a second car to take off some mileage pressure off of the Mazda.

I surely hope that I will not have tons of maintenance problems with the Crossfire (now 53,000 miles).

Sorry to see you go as I come in....
Oh, don't get me wrong, the Crossfire is a very reliable car, granted that you take care of it. I neglected mine more than I should have, but I was young and poor for most of my ownership of it and put off some things I should have done. That being said, the Crossfire I had was still running strong and would have been fine if I had done the maintenance, but between changing the trans fluid, having the crankcase breather cleaned and redone, the brake fluid flush, changing the spark plugs soon, replacing the tires every 2 years at least, and the $80 DIY oil changes, it was a bit much. The car is an excellent car and I hope it brings someone else years and years of joy. I'll miss mine, for sure.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I think that compared to buying a new car the cost for the upkeep of the Crossfire would have been a minor expense. I have used this excuse in the past to get another car.
We may need a reliable car to go forward with but the expense excuse is not quite true. I think we have all made the same excuses for a new car, I know I have.
I think if I wanted a MX-5 I would have waited for the new coupe coming out, especially if I lived in the area where chains were needed. Nice looking vehicle.
At first look, I'm sure it appears that way. Truth be told, I wanted the new MX-5. I was getting tired of the $80 oil changes, the $1000 tire changes, and the little Mercedes maintenance quirks. I don't regret my decision. I loved that car, but I think it could use someone who can spend more time and money to give it the care it needs.

As for the rest of it, I live near Chicago. Snow chains aren't required, except in the worst of storms. They're just there for when I went to college down in Peoria, really. That and the occasional unplowed street in the far out suburbs. They're good to have, just in case. I also carry a small shovel in the winter. Now that I have a LSD, I might not need either as much.