Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Passenger door lock?

Old 07-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Passenger door lock?

Hey guys! I just got my first crossfire and I am absolutely loving it. The way it pulls at all speeds and the way it looks just never get old to me. I am newer to this forum, and have already got some great advice. That being said though, I have a few questions. I bought the car with a salvage title, it got in an accident on the passenger side. What was affected was the door handle, it slid out from the inner mechanism so the door wouldn't open. Now i got that fixed after hours of tedious work, but not the issue is that the passenger side door only unlocks sometimes, for instance when I unlock it right before i start the car it will open, but if i turn the car off and don't lock it while i go into a store, when i com out it won't open and ill have to open it from the inside. Any idea what this could be? It's such an odd issue.

Also on the list of questions, I have an interior squeak coming from around my right ear when I go over bumps, anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for the help in advance guys, and Happy 4th!

Old 07-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Passenger door lock?

I'm afraid you will have to take the door panel off and check the mechanism. Something binding probably. I once took the panels off both front doors to replace speakers and one on the drivers side I had to do over cause I didn't do something just right.....forget what it was but easily corrected. the noise you are not specific where it comes from.....front, back? Probably the rear hatch making the noise. I have to lube mine every once in a while where the bumpers hit and the squeak goes away....hope this helps out.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:21 PM

Hello, thank you for your reply. So i ended up taking the door apart and found that the passenger door makes the locking and unlocking sound, and the mechanism moves. Still though, it only opens sometimes. I hear it make the unlock sound on the passenger side but still it barely ever opens. Im stumped completely.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ajbarbier
Hello, thank you for your reply. So i ended up taking the door apart and found that the passenger door makes the locking and unlocking sound, and the mechanism moves. Still though, it only opens sometimes. I hear it make the unlock sound on the passenger side but still it barely ever opens. Im stumped completely.
Is the hatch locking and unlocking reliably? They are on the same vacumn line.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Delcobob
Is the hatch locking and unlocking reliably? They are on the same vacumn line.
The hatch is indeed locking and unlocking reliably.

I can see the door lock mechanism moving, i sat in the car with the door panel off just watching when i locked and unlocked it and it moves just fine, but then when i try to open it from the outside it wouldn't open, it acted like the handle wasn't connected to the actuator.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:53 PM

I have a similar situation...drivers door lock seems to lock and unlock but when l use the outside door handle it dosnt open ....any one got a pic of the inside of door so l have an idea what issue might be ...

Old 06-22-2018, 11:00 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by White Thunder
I have a similar situation...drivers door lock seems to lock and unlock but when l use the outside door handle it dosnt open ....any one got a pic of the inside of door so l have an idea what issue might be ...
Have a look at this post, you can see the inside if the door and lock area, CLICK