Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

2004 crossfire 6 speed manual- Need Clutch safety interlock switch

Old 02-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2004 crossfire 6 speed manual- Need Clutch safety interlock switch

Hi Team, my 2004 crossfire coupe is NOT starting due to a bad clutch safety interlock switch. This part is discontinued by the chrysler dealership and is NOT in stock at rock auto or any of the other local parts place like Advance Auto or Auto Zone. I believe (guessing) a mercedes c230 clutch safety interlock switch would work but I dont know the part number. I see a number of switches on ebay but im not sure its for the crossfire. Can anyone help me identify the correct Clutch safety interlock (ignition lock) switch for my manual crossfire. The switch i need is right at the bottom of the Clutch pedal.
I need to have the vehicle inspected so i can get tags to drive the car, but it wouldn’t pass safety inspection with an inoperative clutch safety switch.

Part numbers i have are: Auto Zone - CR485
Rock Auto - 5098407AA, 5098407AB

Neither of them have the part in stock, so Im looking on ebay, but dont konw the corresponding part number to purchase. Any help appreciated.

Thanks... Cecil

Old 02-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Received 532 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Re: 2004 crossfire 6 speed manual- Need Clutch safety interlock switch

Originally Posted by Cbridge
Hi Team, my 2004 crossfire coupe is NOT starting due to a bad clutch safety interlock switch. This part is discontinued by the chrysler dealership and is NOT in stock at rock auto or any of the other local parts place like Advance Auto or Auto Zone. I believe (guessing) a mercedes c230 clutch safety interlock switch would work but I dont know the part number. I see a number of switches on ebay but im not sure its for the crossfire. Can anyone help me identify the correct Clutch safety interlock (ignition lock) switch for my manual crossfire. The switch i need is right at the bottom of the Clutch pedal.
I need to have the vehicle inspected so i can get tags to drive the car, but it wouldn’t pass safety inspection with an inoperative clutch safety switch.

Part numbers i have are: Auto Zone - CR485
Rock Auto - 5098407AA, 5098407AB

Neither of them have the part in stock, so Im looking on ebay, but dont konw the corresponding part number to purchase. Any help appreciated.

Thanks... Cecil
Have you looked at your part for the part number? Most OEM parts on this car have a number on them, even if it is the makers number. Parts like this were not made for one particular car nor made by Mercedes, look for the number.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2004 crossfire 6 speed manual- Need Clutch safety interlock switch

Thanks Onehunderd80... I’ll check the part for the number and see if you can cross reference it on the web. Appreciate the response.