Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Cracked Front Fascia - Repairable?

Old 02-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Front Fascia - Repairable?

My son's fiancée backed into my Crossfire this morning. I'm sure she had a rotten day dreading telling me. I'm not even mad at her....I'm mad at my son who knew about it, but didn't want to take the wrath for her, and so didn't say a word.

She pushed it in far enough that the grill separated from the fascia, but is perfectly fine. I was able to remove the grill, realign the tabs with the top of the bumper fascia and screw it back in place. Honestly, if she hadn't told me I wouldn't have known until spring wash and wax time. And with the grill back in place, the crack is even less noticeable.

So, has anyone had a front fascia replaced recently? Are there parts available? I figured I'd start here for pointers. She has a $1000 deductible, so we won't bother reporting it through her insurance. Unless you advise otherwise.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Cracked Front Fascia - Repairable?

A few on eBay in the plus $450 range.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:32 AM
Forum Regular

I found a place, https://www.factorychryslerparts.com that has a parts list for new fascia. Considerably more than the eBay listings, but everything I see on eBay is damaged. The $450 post is primered, it’s used, but doesn’t indicate if it was damaged and repaired. To make matters worse, it doesn’t look like Sapphire Silver Blue paint is available.

Well, it’s day 1, so I’m not in a rush to fix this. If I’m laying out big bucks I want it done right.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:34 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by markr6754
My son's fiancée backed into my Crossfire this morning. I'm sure she had a rotten day dreading telling me. I'm not even mad at her....I'm mad at my son who knew about it, but didn't want to take the wrath for her, and so didn't say a word.

She pushed it in far enough that the grill separated from the fascia, but is perfectly fine. I was able to remove the grill, realign the tabs with the top of the bumper fascia and screw it back in place. Honestly, if she hadn't told me I wouldn't have known until spring wash and wax time. And with the grill back in place, the crack is even less noticeable.

So, has anyone had a front fascia replaced recently? Are there parts available? I figured I'd start here for pointers. She has a $1000 deductible, so we won't bother reporting it through her insurance. Unless you advise otherwise.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Cracks can be welded, filled and the whole cover resprayed. Just so long as it is not bent up.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:14 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Cracks can be welded, filled and the whole cover resprayed. Just so long as it is not bent up.
Thanks, That sounds encouraging. The cover is really in quite fine shape, aside from this new issue. I’ll just take it in to the repair shop and hope for the best.