Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

How I came to get into a Crossfire

Old 05-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow How I came to get into a Crossfire

I'll make the story short so as not to bore anyone. I originally had a 2005 Mustang GT on order, $100.00 down and everything. I ordered in back on 2/17/05 and found out that I wouldn't have gotten my car until the end of Oct or Nov, so I just couldn't wait. I then went to check out the GTO but get this, they wouldn't even let me test drive it! He told me if the car wasn't everything they said it was, I could return it and to make matters worse the lease deal went up with more money down, WTF! So from there my wife and I went down to the local Chrysler dealership to "check out the Crossfire" for the hell of it. I have to say I was VERY impressed with the car, especially the torque of the motor. It has alot more pull than I expected and I have to say its true that the cars 215 hp will keep enthusiasts away from it, sad, but true. I ended up leasing it for 39 months, so I'll be here for awhile!

Old 05-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Default Re: How I came to get into a Crossfire

Aero B,
It's not sad. I'm happy the Crossfire is not a big seller.
If it was then we'd be like every Z, Mustang or RX owner, dime a dozen. I pass several of each every day on my 15 minute drive to work but rarely see a Crossfire. I'm not diss'n those cars, they are popular for good reasons.

BTW, I do like the new Mustang body, but man they could have done much better on the interior.

Don

Old 05-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome and congratulations with your new Crossfire. Check this forum first before you do anything on your crossfire.

Old 05-05-2005, 02:11 PM

Aero:

My Crossfire story is very similar to yours.... I was at my local Ford / Lincoln Merc / Chrysler dealership to discuss putting an order in for a Ford Mustang GT. To make a long story short, the salesman confirmed that with their current allocation, I would be looking upwards of a 10 month "real" wait before I would see the GT. It would be a 2006 and as such, the color and options and price would not be firm and have to be re-negoitated and fine tuned whent he 2006 specs arrived...

So we became saddened and were about to leave when my wife saw the Crossfire on the lot and said to me... "You were always interested in that car... lets take a look". Sure enough there were four 2004's on the lot of which 3 were Automatics and only one a 6 speed. I had always been interested in the Crossfire, but early on, when I visited the dealership and was "just looking" the typical price was in the $32K ish range.

We were able to get the 6 speed started and we went for a test drive. Never looked back since. It is a pretty nice car... especially with the Chrysler 2004 rebate and the great turn in value they gave me for an old Grand Marquis... it made the Crossfire a real bargain as far as I am concerned.

So thats my story....

Last edited by REDSC400; 05-05-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Forum Regular

WOW same story here had $500.00 deposit on a mustang since october January came and no Mustang so got my money back and got a great deal on a 2004 crossfire. I am so glad that I did not get a Mustang they are everywhere.

Old 05-05-2005, 02:39 PM

Redsc400 - You traded in a Grand Marquis on a Crossfire? Quite a switch!!

I was really interested in a Mazda RX-8 ( I had a Millenia and really liked it.) But when I saw an ad in the paper for new 04 Crossfire for $25,900 and compared that to $30-33 for a comparable RX-8, I took the Crossfire for a drive. Drove on Monday, picked up Wednesday.

Old 05-05-2005, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by bartinmi

I was really interested in a Mazda RX-8 ( I had a Millenia and really liked it.) But when I saw an ad in the paper for new 04 Crossfire for $25,900 and compared that to $30-33 for a comparable RX-8, I took the Crossfire for a drive. Drove on Monday, picked up Wednesday.
Bartinmi,
My bother in Law bought an RX-8. He gets terrible gas milage and it drinks oil like crazy. The dealer tells him the oil consumption is normal.

My 2 cents,

Don

Old 05-05-2005, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by bartinmi
Well... this needs an explaination.... ahem....

The 1999 Grand Marquis was a gift from my Mom to my Son for his first car. It was my father's and made a good, safe, and easy to insure car for a 16 - 17 year old.

This car, with considerable dings and dents was turned in. I pretty much never drove it.

My son now 19 gets the 1992 Lexus SC400 which is essentially a V8 Supra and just a wonderful car.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my Xfire the same way, wanted a new Ford Mustang GT, but would have to wait 6 months or more. And the dealers who were getting them in wanted $2,ooo to $4ooo over invoice. That was just to much just to have a 05 Mustang.
With the Xfire I got a hell of a lot more car for a lot less money. Like all of you know it is something special to have a Xfire.

Old 05-05-2005, 03:08 PM

I wanted the 350z or WRX sti. But I hated my Jeep Liberty already and had about 8 months left on my Jeep lease. I went to Chrysler to check the Xfire out and they told me to wait 2 months and they will pay the rest of my Crap Liberty and get me into the Xfire. I jumped on that deal and didn't regret a thing!

Old 05-05-2005, 03:52 PM

similar story, was wanting a 350z but could not fit any golf clubs in it, looked at an rx8 and just really did not like it, s2000 was too small and no room for clubs, would have gotten a g35 but the deal on the crossfire was just too good. nothing down on a 39 month lease at $350, (the g35 was closer to $500) and the insurance is cheap too so i was sold on it. like it alot, but like most everyone else i would like it to be a little quicker.

scott

Old 05-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs up Re: How I came to get into a Crossfire

It's good to know that there's others that were in the same situation as me. For the record, I have a beater car (93' Regal) so my Crossfire will NOT being seeing any SE MI winters, especially with its "performance" Michelins. As far as modding it goes, well its a lease and I don't want to put a ton of money into something I'll be turning in a couple years, but if anyone know a place near the metro Detroit area that can install a couple mods to my ride (K&N open intakes, chip and exhaust) let me know. So far I feel very welcomed here, reminds me of my original car forum home www.contour.org[/url]

Old 05-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ssshhhhhhhh don't tell BI about your buying a XF over a GT Mustang! He'll TRY to rub your face in his BS. I drove the GT and it does not make me want it. I'd have two stock XFires over a stang. But I may get my XKR or SRT6 soon!

ps value vs Mustang GT I would not trade even up!

Old 05-06-2005, 01:19 AM

Well I have yet to buy a crossfire, but I am very close! Anyway, I have not considered any other sports cars other than the xfire. Although, I have been looking at a few other chrysler products. The '05 GC and the '06 300 really grabbed my attention. The ony thing is the xfire is almost $1k cheaper than the BASE models. I can't really pass a deal like that up. A brand new '04 Xfire for $23K, I don't think you can lose...

If I wasn't buying a Chrysler product, there are a few cars I would consider. I really like the C6 vettes, except I don't think I can afford anything over $40K. I was also looking at used M3s, but same story. I can't find anything I like for under $30K. Replacing my SRT-4 has become a very difficult task. It is very hard to replace a car as powerful and cheap as the SRT-4...

Old 05-06-2005, 09:27 AM

aero blue that was my original car forum as well, i saw USMondeo and immediately thought of the SVT Contour. That was my first car and I absolutely loved it. Ran good, handled good, etc. I threw some mods on it like Bassani exhaust, cold air, and MAF of course.

I then moved to Acura RSX-S and now I am in the Xfire. No comparison in my book, Xfire trumps all both of those hands down, and they looks and compliments make up for the power.

welcome aboard.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought my Jack Roush yellow Mustang GT...as my beater car 'cause I'm still keeping my Crossfire in my garage for my weekend recreation. Mustangs are everywhere that's why I choosed it to be my beater car than my Crossfire...plus it's got a back seat for my baby's car seat!

Old 05-06-2005, 11:02 AM

I had a first-year PT Cruiser. Always liked a car that turned heads. After 3-1/2 years, there are too many PTs -- and way too many cheap plastichrome body modifications. Was thinking new Mustang GT, but it's just too much like the old Mustang style. Decided to look at XFire at the same dealer where I bought the PT. Drove one. I was impressed -- definitely not with low-end torque, but with its mid-range performance. Leased one. PT was in such good shape I got a great trade. Love the XFire, and turning heads once again. Thinking about intake and exhaust modifications.