Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Accelerator taking a few seconds to react with engine, maybe the Throttle Body

Old 04-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accelerator taking a few seconds to react with engine, maybe the Throttle Body

This is my 2004 Automatic coupe, Chrysler Crossfire...

I think it might be my acceleration positioning sensor on my petal but I'm not sure. Everytime I put the petal to the metal, my 2004 Crossfire might be going into limp mode??? I just cleaned my Throttle Body out very very good and this issue is still happening. Basically what's happening is... After I mash down the car to accelerate very quickly, my petal is taking a few seconds to realize the petal is being pushed down. When I give my car a break, it seems like when I start it up again, it's fixed until I put the petal to the metal. It works great until I put it to the floor for more than 5 seconds. I think my sensor might be starting to go out. I don't wanna spend $230 on a new petal if that isn't the problem. Any help and advice on what to do except taking it to the dealership. Any common problems that might be making this happen? I have a stock, automatic coupe, 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. Also there is a rattle when I hit the gas hard when taking off, only in the front. Not the rear. I think it might be the heat sheild around the engine. It's very loud on the out side and inside of the car. It's very annoying and not sure where to start of finding where the metallic, vibration noise is coming from. I could use all the help I can get. This is my first car and want it to last a very long time. Car isnt not new by the way. Has 137,861 miles

Last edited by Dustin_Campbell; 04-08-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: Accelerator taking a few seconds to react with engine, maybe the Throttle Body

Originally Posted by Dustin_Campbell
I think it might be my acceleration positioning sensor on my petal but I'm not sure. Everytime I put the petal to the metal, my 2004 Crossfire might be going into limp mode??? I just cleaned my Throttle Body out very very good and this issue is still happening. Basically what's happening is... After I mash down the car to accelerate very quickly, my petal is taking a few seconds to realize the petal is being pushed down. When I give my car a break, it seems like when I start it up again, it's fixed until I put the petal to the metal. It works great until I put it to the floor for more than 5 seconds. I think my sensor might be starting to go out. I don't wanna spend $230 on a new petal if that isn't the problem. Any help and advice on what to do except taking it to the dealership. Any common problems that might be making this happen? I have a stock, automatic coupe, 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. Also there is a rattle when I hit the gas hard when taking off, only in the front. Not the rear. I think it might be the heat sheild around the engine. It's very loud on the out side and inside of the car. It's very annoying and not sure where to start of finding where the metallic, vibration noise is coming from. I could use all the help I can get. This is my first car and want it to last a very long time. Car isnt not new by the way. Has 137,861 miles
It doesn't help to have more than 1 post about the same problem. Multiple posts confuse and make it harder to track what was advised and tried. Post only once, you'll get more complete help.