Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Promotion

Old 09-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Promotion

To all Chrysler Crossfire Enthusiast’s,

My name is Kelly S. I am from the Chrysler Information Center. Just wanting to give you guys a heads up that Dodge is running a new promotion for the 2006 Dodge Charger. Anyone interested in finding out details to win? There will be a vehicle given away every week to a lucky winner. How many of you guys would like to see a promotion like this involving the Chrysler Crossfire? Any idea’s please let me know.

Thanks

Kelly S

Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Re: New Promotion

Yes I would like to see a new crossfire convertible delivered to my door free of charge.
I think this type of promotion would be great.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: New Promotion

Ditto!!!!!

Old 09-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Default Re: New Promotion

Originally Posted by ChryslerInfoCenter

There will be a vehicle given away every week to a lucky winner. How many of you guys would like to see a promotion like this involving the Chrysler Crossfire?

Thanks

Kelly S
Honestly, I'd prefer to see Chrysler try to sell a few Crossfires rather than give them away.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:00 PM

I'd love to win a new Dodge ! Charger or DC crossfire works for me!

Sorry but I like both products!

Old 09-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure would like a new Xfire too.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:21 PM

Hi
Would love a new crossfire. Love mine, I still do not understand why they are not selling like hot cakes. Everyone makes comments, not a day goes by without "That's a real beauty", "I love that car" and such . It must be marketed differently. If people know more about the car value for the $. They would sell more.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by vet4scuba
Hi
Would love a new crossfire. Love mine, I still do not understand why they are not selling like hot cakes. Everyone makes comments, not a day goes by without "That's a real beauty", "I love that car" and such . It must be marketed differently. If people know more about the car value for the $. They would sell more.
I like my Crossfire too. But Chrysler is quite aware that they have pricing issues.

"Pricing is an issue, if you look at what else is out there in the market today in that segment," Eberhardt said.

My pet dog is a beautiful mutt. People always comment on how pretty she is. I once even tried to... well never mind. But the point is even though she's very attractive and I am really fond of her, it doesn't mean anyone else wants to own her. She wouldn't meet the needs of most other people though most everyone agrees she's a beauty. Likewise, every mini van owner is going to look at the Crossfire and think it's beautiful. But that doesn't translate into a sale.

Has anyone noticed how frequently Crossfire Convertibles are appearing on "The Price is Right" game show? (I don't watch the show but retired family members do). I was informed that each time the car is part of one of the showcases, the contestant is bidding less than $30K for the entire showcase. The result is that they can't even give them away on a game show, LOL.

The bottom line is that supply is much greater than demand.

Last edited by Rob M; 09-27-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:59 PM

I would love to win the Charger or a Crossfire. But I do think Chrysler could do a much better job in advertising. Maybe then they would sell.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:44 PM

Kelly,

I've had Mopar all my life starting with a 59' Plymouth. The Charger was on my list but with the number of miles I drive and the price of gas I (I can't believe I'm saying this) I got a 30+ MPG vehicle. I however would love to find a way to "WIN" a Charger or even an SRT6 if that promotion were to appear. We love the SSB coupe and I'll just get the beautiful bride to work harder to fill them up!

Old 09-27-2005, 03:34 PM

Honestly, I think they would sell a lot better if the fit and finish /quality was a little better. I have a lot of issues with the way this vehicle has ended up. It won't be a practical car for the masses, but the niche can be filled if it were made better as well as marketed a lot better.

If you want to know a little more in detail, let me know. I actually sell Chryslers as well as own an '04 SSB M6. Daily driver.

Old 09-27-2005, 04:02 PM

I agree there are certain things about the car that could have been better thought out but all in all it is a car you love to drive. It would be great to have a promotion on either the Charger or Crossfire.

Old 09-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I all ready have a crossfire limited, I would like to win a crossfire srt6...

Old 09-28-2005, 07:00 AM

I already have a Crossfire and the Magnum R/T. I guess it would be cool to win one, but then I would just add another "low miles car for sale" in a tough market already. Chrysler needs to rethink it's Ad campaign for the Crossfire. IMO. 50 or so more Horsepower on the base V6 wouldn't be bad either or the new MB 3.5 V6.

Last edited by cross1; 09-28-2005 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:02 AM

Hey Guys,

Thank You for all of your responses. For those of you interested, click here http://www.dodge.com and join the fun. You will need to click on the anime characters (Power Freak, Speed Freak, Style Freak or Control Freak) featured on there. You’ll be transported and encouraged to “Unleash Your Freak”. Everything you need to know about the Charger or the “Unleash” sweepstakes are right there.

While visiting, there are lots of other things to do:
- Listen and download music created specifically for the Charger ads.
- Checkout some of the driving games site under the Dodge Life section of the site.
- Spec out and calculate the cost of a new 2006 Dodge Charger via the build and price feature.
- Request a brochure.
It’s a pretty cool and very aggressive site. Definitely check it out!

Good Luck!

Thanks again, and if there are questions please let me know.

Kelly S

Old 09-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Forum Regular

That was way too complicated.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Forum Regular

...I am all for winning a free car, but please throw a wad of cash in the glove box, so I can pay the taxes on the thing, okay?

The IRS would see Chrysler giving me a Crossfire in terms of me getting 34K in additional income. They would tax it accordingly. Suddenly that "free" car costs you about $8500 in cash. That's still a hell of a deal for a Crossfire, sure, but not exactly "free".

Old 09-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChryslerInfoCenter

My name is Kelly S. I am from the Chrysler Information Center. Just wanting to give you guys a heads up that Dodge is running a new promotion for the 2006 Dodge Charger. Anyone interested in finding out details to win? There will be a vehicle given away every week to a lucky winner. How many of you guys would like to see a promotion like this involving the Chrysler Crossfire? Any idea’s please let me know.

Thanks

Kelly S
Hello Kelly,

What do I need to do to get my UK XF into Australia? Who can help me?

PS - When does the FirePower go into production!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 11:49 AM

Kelly, thanks for giving us a heads up!

Anyway, I wouldn't mind winning a Charger. I think they are awesome cars and I love my dads Magnum R/T. It drives like a huge boat with a TON of power. Plus it has all the room you could ever ask for. It would be nice to be able to sell the crossfire and have no car payment but still have a nice ride. Plus I am positive my parents would take over the payments til I got out of school so I would never really have to say goodbye.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:09 PM

Hey Guys,

english_bob, you will need to contact DaimlerChrylser International Customer Assistance Center 1-248-512-7730. They will have the information you need regarding importing and exporting vehicles. There will be a voicemail system in which you will have to leave a message containing your contact information, as well as a detailed message. International Customer Assistance will contact you back within one business day.

italianmafia03, I definitely will keep you posted with upcoming promotions.

Thanks again, if you have any other questions, post away!

Kelly S

Quick Reply: New Promotion