Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Saying GoodBye to GTO Forum

Old 01-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saying GoodBye to GTO Forum

Well, it takes all kinds, I guess. Typed a note to the New GTO forum telling them I bought the Crossfire and thanking them for their input as I searched for a GTO.

One of the respondees said he hoped I liked the Crossfire because to him it looked like a dog hunched up taking a dump - - I had to chuckle - - I don't think the Crossfire can take a GTO on the road, but maybe he's had a bad experience at the hands of one.

Old 01-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Default Re: Saying GoodBye to GTO Forum

The GTO would eat the Crossfire alive but they are just jealous of the coolness of the crossfire and the simple fact that we know how fast we are going (if you don't get it look at my other post here https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=9317) IMO the GTO looks like just another Pontiac.

Old 01-01-2006, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by SlimCrossfire
The GTO would eat the Crossfire alive but they are just jealous of the coolness of the crossfire and the simple fact that we know how fast we are going (if you don't get it look at my other post here https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=9317) IMO the GTO looks like just another Pontiac.
Yes, that's the main slam on the GTO, that GM just took an existing Holden design and re-badged it. There's no retro design touches at all.

The looks of the CrossFire is it's selling point in my opinion. It is VERY cool looking.

Old 01-01-2006, 06:59 PM

Yes it is a very cool car I know I always get asked what is that car? And when I tell them I always get no way that not a chrysler!

Old 01-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noz34me
Well, it takes all kinds, I guess. Typed a note to the New GTO forum telling them I bought the Crossfire and thanking them for their input as I searched for a GTO.

One of the respondees said he hoped I liked the Crossfire because to him it looked like a dog hunched up taking a dump - - I had to chuckle - - I don't think the Crossfire can take a GTO on the road, but maybe he's had a bad experience at the hands of one.
To me, that "hunched" look is what give our Crossfires that unique cool look. Chrysler or someone actually calls the rear "boat tail". (badas* boat tail? ) One of my co-workers asked me what kind of "cool badas*" car is it? When I told her, she was soooooo surprised. Said she's never heard of nor seen one. She says she's going to steel it from me LOL. I love it.

Last edited by Cissy; 01-01-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

One of the respondees said he hoped I liked the Crossfire because to him it looked like a dog hunched up taking a dump
That's a quote from a British automotive car show... This from the same country that brought us Lucas electrical systems LOL.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by HDDP
That's a quote from a British automotive car show... This from the same country that brought us Lucas electrical systems LOL.
Interesting. I'm sure you've heard the old joke: "Why do British like warm beer?" Answer: "Because Lucas Electric used to make all the refrigerators!

Old 01-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The way i look at it, "If it isn't a 2 seater, then it must be a family car."

Last edited by +fireamx; 01-01-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink Re: Saying GoodBye to GTO Forum

Originally Posted by +fireamx
The way i look at it, "If it isn't a 2 seater, then it must be a family car."
I have a family that is why I bought a two seater!

Old 01-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been in LA and Newport Beach for a week this Christmas holidays...saw 3 Bentleys, 5 Lambo Gallardos, a dozen Z's and Benz's...yet no Crossfire!

I'm a proud owner of an exotic Crossfire for 2 years now and never regretted having my XFIREX!

Old 01-02-2006, 09:42 AM

Those GTO guys are just jealous since their car is soooo generic. I know the Goat would kill our car in a race but so what ...we are the ones getting the looks aren't we?

Old 01-02-2006, 10:45 PM

The amazing thing about my XFire is that people of all ages want to know what the car is. It seems to appeal to a very wide cross section of the public.

The car is an attention grabber of the first order.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:26 PM

They are pretty much opposites. One looks like an Alero cross breeded with a '94 Grand Am. And the other is one of the best looking cars out there. One is fast, one is slow. etc.

Besides the GTO being fugly, I have to admit it is a very comfortable daily driver.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:04 AM

I test drove a used '04 GTO it was very fast. But I think the Crossfire SRT6 would take it though. I had a choice pay $25,000 for a used GTO or $21,000 for a new Crossfire. Crossfire has a very unique look, GTO looks like a 1998 Monte Carlo.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: Saying GoodBye to GTO Forum

Yes, that's the main slam on the GTO, that GM just took an existing Holden design and re-badged it. There's no retro design touches at all.

The looks of the CrossFire is it's selling point in my opinion. It is VERY cool looking.
Although the GTO has the same basic body as the Monaro, its kinda like the Crossfire but opposite, Australian body, american drivetrain/American body, German drivetrain. If the Pontiac dealership would've let me take the GTO for the test drive, I'd be driving that right now and not here, funny how things work out!

Old 01-04-2006, 06:08 AM

GTO...Great motor...bland body. JMO.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cars are like playing Golf...it's what you wear and not how fast you get to the next hole!

Old 01-04-2006, 08:47 PM

My brother has a '04 GTO, he had about 10k on it by the time i got a crossfire and i got to drive it many times also ( we live close) that car is sick fast with all the muscle car groan you could ask for. We are both in the car biz so we know how to drive and we know what could do what and we haven't raced or anything because we both know the goat would walk all over the Xfire in a straight line race.

A few weeks after i got the Xfire we were back home in Dickeyville WI. there are a lot of twisty turny hilly roads in that part of the state so, He said one morning "lets go beat on the crossfire" i said OKY DOKEY, so we go back to the usual back roads behind our family farm like a rally race and we could not stop laughing at how AWESOME this thing stuck to the road he said his goat would NEVER be able to do this kind of driving it would be all over the place and he said this is WAY more fun to drive on windey roads than to take his and drag race it.

He HATES my crossfire because its cooler, handles better, more fun to drive, more unique and he can't fit in it to drive it more so he gets mad at it (or himself) he has about 4 inches and 40 lbs on me.

case solved

Old 01-05-2006, 05:12 PM

I like the GTO a lot, at least from a driving standpoint. But yes, the style, er, I mean, what style? It is a sweet car though. Although the "sleeper" look can be a plus too.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:51 PM

It is apples and oranges - comparing a flat-out down and dirty muscle car with a subtle european-based design sports car. In one aspect (power) there is no comparison yet on the other hand, there is no comparison on the style and handling front either.

Quick Reply: Saying GoodBye to GTO Forum