Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I'm new here and need help for broken XFire

Old 02-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new here and need help for broken XFire

I'm looking for anyone who KNOWS Crossfire body parts. Here's my issue: My cousins own a Chrysler Dealership here in So. Cal and they had this brand new '04 black Crossfire Ltd coupe that they gave me a real good deal on. I drove it a little over two months when I got rear-ended on the freeway. That was last October (4 months ago) and the car is still in the body shop. The problem seems to be that the parts Chrysler supplies don't fit the car. The body shop has ordered parts several times over, and they don't match the car. ANYONE...please help if you know anything about this problem. THANK YOU!!!

Old 02-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm new here and need help for broken XFire

hddp could probably help, apparently some part numbers are labeled wrong. same thing happened to me...

Old 02-14-2006, 11:06 AM

Thanks x'ed...how do I get in touch with HDDP? On this forum I assume. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an accident last Oct. But all the damage was front end. There was no problem getting all of the parts.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hattrick78
I'm looking for anyone who KNOWS Crossfire body parts. Here's my issue: My cousins own a Chrysler Dealership here in So. Cal and they had this brand new '04 black Crossfire Ltd coupe that they gave me a real good deal on. I drove it a little over two months when I got rear-ended on the freeway. That was last October (4 months ago) and the car is still in the body shop. The problem seems to be that the parts Chrysler supplies don't fit the car. The body shop has ordered parts several times over, and they don't match the car. ANYONE...please help if you know anything about this problem. THANK YOU!!!
Have your dealer contact the DC Star Parts system directly via phone and not order through the online system. It seems there are quite a few repair parts that are incorrectly listed in the system.

Give me a list of the parts that have come in wrong and the last 8#'s of your VIN and I'll see what I can do to help, there's another member on the forum who is retired from DC and had a hand in the repair parts catalogue for the Crossfire, he's also aware that there are some problems.

Sad, but true... Welcome to the club... It seems there were some communications problems between Mercedes and Chrysler during the entire production process of this little car...

Last edited by HDDP; 02-14-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:33 PM

Thank you HDDP. I'll get in touch with the guy at the body shop asap and get the list of parts (I think there's two). I knew there had to be some reason for this. And you would think that the dealer (my own family) would have some clue! Four months or "moron tag"...I hope it's not a genetic thing.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:42 PM

Have him give you the part #'s that did come in also, so I can see if they are mislabeled, or just the wrong part.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:55 PM

OK...Here's the deal on the parts.

-Inner Rear Body Reinforcement, #5101256AA didn't fit. The Chrysler dealer gave them another part number, 5096670AB, which doesn't fit either. This part has to be welded in and the body shop says if they weld it, it will require an excessive amount of "sealant" on one side because the part doesn't fit correctly. They're now waiting for a rep from Chrysler to look at it (could be....never!).

- Wheelhouse Bracket for Left Side, #5097359AA, received the part but it's the wrong one.

Last 8 of my VIN is - 4X002226.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:54 PM

Part Number: 5101256AA was superseded!
Old Part Number: 5101256AA
New Part number: 5096670-AB
Part Number Search Results: OEM Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
5101256AA $189.00 $0.00 $154.98
REINFORCEMENT REAR BUMPER

Part Number Search Results: Collision Catalog
5097359AA $22.00 $0.00 $18.04
Quarter panel - Inner structure - Wheelhouse brace
Wheelhouse Brace Right 2004-2006
Part Number Search Results: OEM Catalog
5097359AA $22.00 $0.00 $18.04
BRACKET WHEEL HOUSE

I called a friend and he told me that your first part # listed has been changed and 5096670AB supersedes the old #... However, they are not completely sure that the Karmann factory is providing the correct fitment. Your body shop ordered the RIGHT SIDE of the Wheelhouse Brace... Per your e-mail, it is my understanding you needed the LEFT side... If that is the case, the part they should have ordered is #5097358AA

I would recommend you have your parts department contact the Daimler Chrysler Star Parts Division directly. They are aware of some issues regarding these parts. I think you will get immediate satisfaction if you can get the DC regional rep. over to the shop and show him the problem with the fitment of #5096670AB.

And you should *****-slap the guy who ordered the wrong side of the other part #5097359AA instead of #5097358AA...Makes me wonder if they need some schooling !!!

Last edited by HDDP; 02-15-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:12 PM

HDDP, Thank you so much for the info. Is it poosible to e-mail this thread? If so I'd like to send it to the body shop for them to look at. Please let me know. Thank you again!

Old 02-15-2006, 05:19 PM

Look at the revised version I just posted... You can just cut and paste the text into your e-mail...

Old 02-15-2006, 05:42 PM

Forget that last question...I just did a cut paste out of here, but I hope it's not against any forum rules. Thanks

Old 02-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

edited because i forgot how to read. sorry

Old 02-15-2006, 09:47 PM

PS: Which dealer in So. Cal. ?

Old 02-15-2006, 10:45 PM

Victorville Motors.

Old 02-16-2006, 02:21 PM

HDDP...I don't know if these guys at the body shop are just sitting on their thumbs or what. Is there any way I can contact this Star Parts division myself to see if someone can actually go out and look at my car and the fitment problem? The dealer as well as Chrysler corporate are absolutely useless. Everybody is waiting for someone else to do something. My approach is going to be to drive them all nuts with phone calls and e-mails on a daily basis until something happens. The body shop is in Riverside. Do you know of anyone in the area that could Help? Again, I'd be most grateful for any help.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hattrick78
HDDP...I don't know if these guys at the body shop are just sitting on their thumbs or what. Is there any way I can contact this Star Parts division myself to see if someone can actually go out and look at my car and the fitment problem? The dealer as well as Chrysler corporate are absolutely useless. Everybody is waiting for someone else to do something. My approach is going to be to drive them all nuts with phone calls and e-mails on a daily basis until something happens. The body shop is in Riverside. Do you know of anyone in the area that could Help? Again, I'd be most grateful for any help.
The Star Parts System is something that dealers pay DC for... I've tried to access them as well, to no avail. If your car is drivable, I would just take it to another dealer who has an in-house body shop. I don't know what part of LA you live in, But Valencia has a really good dealer called Power Chrysler Jeep.

I would be on the phone daily with the DC customer assistance people until they get sick of hearing from you and do something about the problem... I'm sorry I don't have any more proactive ways to help you...

Old 02-16-2006, 11:26 PM

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.
Good luck, It is only a car and should not be that hard to repair.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:14 AM

I'll be calling 1) the body shop 2) the DC Customer Assistance 3) the Insurance company and 4) the dealer...every day until this is fixed. NO...It shouldn't be that big of deal. The car is in a bunch of pieces and not drivable. Thank you for your help. I'll make another post when all is fixed.

Old 02-17-2006, 06:20 PM

3) the Insurance company

This is a good thing to try, If the dealer is a direct repair facility for them and you are not satisfied they can lose there status.
I hope you get it worked out.

Quick Reply: I'm new here and need help for broken XFire