Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition

Originally Posted by James1549
Howard, three of us will be at the Days Inn, Salina to hook up with. 10am sounds good, earlier would be better if possible.

James
Sounds great .... I prolly missed it, but I thought only you and Eric ... As far as I'm concerned I can leave 6AM, but I don't know about the others. Have to wait and see about that. Stay tuned

EDIT: OK .... went back and read some of the posts. Is Mike the same as +fireamx? If so, then only Steve (zip439) and I will meet you guys in Salina. Larry Hitze is still a maybe.

Last edited by IBLUBYU; 07-16-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
Is Mike the same as +fireamx?
Same person

Old 07-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

where are you guys eating dinner at in Indy Friday? I'm sure you won't be long, but I'm sure Johnny, and maybe some others would love to meet up to send you on your way. I wish my cars were done, I might of been able to slip away too. Just wasn't sure if all my work would have been done by the time this event rolled around. Turns out it is, but cars need some work for a trip this long. Anyway, if it works out, love to meet up...if not, be safe. There are some places to eat in Plainfield. This is just past Indianapolis International Airport. On the west side of Indy. Be a good place for you and Mike to meet, as that would allow Mike to come around the top side, while you come the bottom side James. Just a thought. If you decide to try this. It is 267 and I-70 Plainfield exit.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Doc, I know the exit you are talking about and sounds like a good place to meet. If it is ok with Mike, its ok with me. Just keep in mind that we need to keep on schedule. I'm not after fast fast food, but not a steak dinner either.

Let me know your ideas. James

edit: If my gps software is correct, there is a Bob Evans and a Perkins.

Last edited by James1549; 07-16-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Unhappy Re: Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition

Evan (Itsky) and joejet, I am very disappointed in having to cancel out of CAA II. Tuesday I had a malignancy removed from my cheek. Surgery went well and lab said it was all removed. Wed I became very tired in afternoon and took a nap. Woke up about 18:00 with a` 104 temp. Wife got me to hosp and was admitted with pneumonia. 2 days in ICU and 2 days in a recovery ward and got sprung this afternoon.
Doctor told me in no uncertain terms not to go to high altitudes with my lungs not fully recovered.

Have a great time....

John P
FTroopChief

Old 07-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Forum Regular

John, I am really sorry to here that,for me, you and Eileen are half the fun. Please recover soon and get well and rested for TMS. Youse guys are the only ones that understand NuYAWK.Take care of yourself my friend.I be in touch.
Joe Nevin

Old 07-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
Doc, I know the exit you are talking about and sounds like a good place to meet. If it is ok with Mike, its ok with me. Just keep in mind that we need to keep on schedule. I'm not after fast fast food, but not a steak dinner either.
Let me know your ideas. James
edit: If my gps software is correct, there is a Bob Evans and a Perkins.
We're game, it would be great to break bread with you guys, even if it's just for a little while.
John I'm really sorry you can't make it, I was lookin forward to meeting you. But of course it goes without saying your health comes first, and there will be other GTG's. Take care of yourself.

Last edited by +fireamx; 07-17-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

John, sorry to hear that you and Eileen can't make the GTG. Glad to hear you're okay.
We'll catch you both next time down at TMS in Sept.
Be safe and well.
Terry and Diane C.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:05 AM

John,

You take care of yourself, that is more important than making a trip up to Colorado.
Best of luck to you and hopefully we'll catch you at another meet.

Eric

Old 07-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FTroopChief
Evan (Itsky) and joejet, I am very disappointed in having to cancel out of CAA II. Tuesday I had a malignancy removed from my cheek. Surgery went well and lab said it was all removed. Wed I became very tired in afternoon and took a nap. Woke up about 18:00 with a` 104 temp. Wife got me to hosp and was admitted with pneumonia. 2 days in ICU and 2 days in a recovery ward and got sprung this afternoon.
Doctor told me in no uncertain terms not to go to high altitudes with my lungs not fully recovered.

Have a great time....

John P
FTroopChief
John,
No worries. Recovering fully is your main activity right now.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Shakey
Unfortunately, it looks like most all of the plans are on the south side of town or far south in Colorado Springs, which is too far for me to make anything during the work week.

But I'm interested in a drive Sunday.
On Wednesday we are planning on some drives in Northern Colorado (RMNP and Mt Evans). Monday is an "open day" and will probably have a drive over to Central City/Blackhawk, through Golden Gate Canyon SP, and to Golden for a tour of the brewery.

I'll keep you in mind for a drive on Sunday if we get enough interest.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get well soon John, pity you cant go to Cuba to Scuba
Dave

Old 07-17-2011, 08:20 PM

There seems to be some confusion around the Flying W Ranch and reservations. For the $22 admission fee, you get admission, chuckwagon dinner, and the show. You can upgrade your dinner for an additional $7 (for a total of $29) to get the steak dinner. Here is a full description for the $22 price:

Chuckwagon Dinner and Western Stage Show – GENERAL PUBLIC SEATING –(Offered Memorial Day Weekend through September) $22.00 General Admission, $20.00 Seniors 60+ and Active Duty Military, $13.00 Children ages 6-12, $5.00 Children 3-5, FREE Children 2 and under. The cost includes admission to the Western Town, the Chuckwagon Supper, the Western Stage Show and all applicable taxes. Town opens at 4:30 pm, Dinner served at 7:00 pm and the Western Show starts at 8:00 pm. Reservations 719-598-4000 or online at www.flyingw.com/ReservationDate.aspx Please Note: Since this is a family attraction, No alcohol will be served). Since you have a large party, seats will be reserved for you and your guests.

Dinner is on Tuesday, July 26.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Itsky, sounds like a great time...wish I had planned better, but work is just so unpredictable.
>John....Chief, you take damn good care of yourself as I expect to see you next year when I come out your way.
>James, I will try to get in touch with Johnny and any of the others, and I understand the schedule. I think there is a Bob Evans there. So, I will plan on meeting up with you both there and bring re-enforcements if I can.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by itsky
On Wednesday we are planning on some drives in Northern Colorado (RMNP and Mt Evans). Monday is an "open day" and will probably have a drive over to Central City/Blackhawk, through Golden Gate Canyon SP, and to Golden for a tour of the brewery.

I'll keep you in mind for a drive on Sunday if we get enough interest.
Unfortunately, work will get in the way of anything during the week.

For the drive to Mt. Evans, I recommend you take 74 through Morrison to Evergreen, then 66 to 103 and up to the top of Mt. Evans. I think that's a great drive.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two more days until ROAD TRIP!!!

Can't wait - it looks like we'll have 4 cars leaving from OKC on Saturday...really looking forward to seeing everyone and especially all these Crossfires in the mountains.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:02 PM

Everyone drive safe, we will keep the light on. Mary and I are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Forum Regular

Jon drive real slow and, the rest of us from OKC will try to catch to you in 3 days.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Scarry, check engine light came on on monday , tuesday the tech looked at it but needed parts, got a call today @ 4,saying your Crossfire is ready .
Couldnt find a problem with the Engine, but he did change the transmission plug,and put in a new tranny filter,along with a new gasket ,so I good for life in that area.
Packing tomorrow9,credit card and a Bikin)i,on the road 09:00 friday, Great Fall Montana Friday nightYahooooooo

Old 07-20-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sandgrounder
Scarry, check engine light came on on monday , tuesday the tech looked at it but needed parts, got a call today @ 4,saying your Crossfire is ready .
Couldnt find a problem with the Engine, but he did change the transmission plug,and put in a new tranny filter,along with a new gasket ,so I good for life in that area.
Packing tomorrow9,credit card and a Bikin)i,on the road 09:00 friday, Great Fall Montana Friday nightYahooooooo
Thanks goodness....my washer fluid reservoir seems to have sprung a leak, found out yesterday as I was getting oil changed just in time for the trip....Evan, you better make sure those rains stay away next week.

We'll be on the road Sat meeting up with others either in the St. Louis area or in Salina...be safe everybody!

Quick Reply: Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition