Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Post your plans in Branson, Mo. - Pre CAA6

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 460 Likes on 323 Posts
Default Post your plans in Branson, Mo. - Pre CAA6

There has been a lot of discussion here and on Facebook about the visit to Branson, Missouri for Friday and/or Saturday before heading to Eureka Springs, Arkansas on Sunday for CAA6 beginning on Sunday June 14th

In an effort to see what everyone is doing I ask that you post in this thread if you will be visiting Branson and when you plan to arrive and also post what you have planned while in Branson
I know several have already booked shows and reserved rooms in various hotels in town

There are two common goals I would like to accomplish here:

1) To have dinner on Friday and Saturday night with everyone who can dine in one place at the same time.

2) Determine a meeting place and time for ALL of us for our departure to Eureka Springs on Sunday
....It would be fun to travel as a single convoy for the 1 hour drive to Eureka Springs on Sunday

Hopefully with this thread we can coordinate some of our activities together

Last edited by Valk; 05-14-2015 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Default Re: Post your plans in Branson, Mo. - Pre CAA6

I'll post up what I know right now
I will be arriving on Friday afternoon with a group traveling with me for 8 hours from the Chicago area

My convoy group will be with Danimal (Dan) CrossfireFrank (Frank and Sue), 2005Xfire (Annette) and spagirl (Linda) and hopefully Adrian_X (Adrian & Dina)

We will be staying at a hotel where RedDog (Bob & Cindy) have made reservations for Friday and Saturday night
Iamfink2 (Pat)
and AKING (Andy) is also arriving on Saturday will be staying here on Saturday night too
This hotel is nearly full but very inexpensive
Lodge At the Falls | Expedia

EDIT 05/30
This is our official "have dinner get together" restaurant . . .
6:30 PM Friday night 06/12 in Branson . . .
(only .4 miles from Lodge at the Falls)

Danna's BBQ and Burger Shop
963 St. Hwy 165
Branson, Mo.

Please join us if you are able!

We have not committed to any shows or activities as of yet
There has been mention of a Saturday drive to Big Cedar Lodge | Ridgedale, MO for lunch and some breathtaking photo ops
This is only a tentative plan as of now
We are keeping our options open and look forward to seeing what the others have planned while in Branson

See ya in Branson on Friday/Saturday or in Eureka Springs on Sunday

Gary

Last edited by Valk; 05-31-2015 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:45 PM

I know the folks from St. Louis (Gateway Crossfire Group) on Facebook have a hotel and show package deal already set up
This is a copy and paste from their page on Facebook

We are planning to leave the St. Louis area at 9:00am from the McDonalds at Hwy 44 & Hwy 141. We will head to Branson and stay at Grand Country - Branson's Waterpark Resort | They have packages available that include two nights, two shows, pizza, waterpark, and blacklight or mini golf for $318.60. Double queen rooms are $89.95 a night. http://packages.grandcountry.com/summer2015/ We plan to go to the Comedy Jamboree on Friday afternoon at 3:00pm and the Grand Jubilee Saturday evening at 7:30. Saturday afternoon we are going ziplining, doing the Ozarks Explorer Canopy Tour at 1:00. Branson Zipline and Canopy Tours Please make your own zipline reservations as soon as possible so we can be in the same group. We will leave Branson on Sunday and head to Eureka Springs. We do not have any group blocks, so you will need to make your own reservations. The sooner you do, the sooner we can all get in the same group.

Last edited by Valk; 05-13-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:35 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

FIRST . . . Get / bring a pair of family channel walkie talkie radios with you (with fresh and extra batteries).
SET YOUR RADIO TO CHANNEL 8 WHILE YOU ARE IN BRANSON.

Paraphrased from my post in the CAA#6 thread . . .

Several of us are heading to Branson MO for a day or two prior to the start of CAA#6 in Eureka Springs. Cindy and I are planning to arrive in Branson on 04/12 sometime between noonish and 4:00 PM. We will be staying at the Lodge at the Falls motel . . . use this link that Gary provided to try and get a room there.

Lodge at the Falls | Expedia

I suggest that whoever will be in Branson on the 12th (regardless of where you are staying), lets plan to meet up in the lobby of Lodge at the Falls at 6:00 PM on the 12th. We'll go out to dinner somewhere together at a nearby restaurant and we can make additional plans from that point. EDIT: I did some research on Trip Adviser and based upon the predominantly great reviews, Danna's BBQ and Burger Shop (only .4 miles from Lodge at the Falls) might be a good choice . . . If others agree, we can make this our official choice for our dinner meeting on Friday night so that others who might not be able to make the 6:00 pm gathering at the motel lobby can just meet up with us at this restaurant . . .

EDIT 05/30 . . . This is now our official "have dinner get to gether" restaurant . . . 6:30 PM Friday night 06/12 in Branson . . . Please join us if you are able!

Danna's BBQ & Burger Shop, Branson - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

There are LOTS of things to do and shows going on in Branson . . .

http://www.bransontourismcenter.com/...t_dates=Submit

For 06/13 Cindy and I have booked the Branson Scenic Railroad for the 11:30 AM run and the Bee Gees and Beyond show for that evening . . .

http://www.bransontourismcenter.com/...scenic-railway

http://www.bransontourismcenter.com/...ees-and-beyond

Hope to see you in Branson!

Last edited by RED DOG; 05-30-2015 at 06:28 AM. Reason: link for the BBQ
Old 05-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Room booked in Branson for Saturday night, ready for the fun to begin, cant wait

Old 05-14-2015, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by RED DOG
I did some research on Trip Adviser and based upon the predominantly great reviews, Danna's BBQ and Burger Shop
(only .4 miles from Lodge at the Falls) might be a good choice
If others agree, we can make this our official choice for our dinner meeting on Friday night so that others who might not be able to make the 6:00 pm gathering at the motel lobby can just meet up with us at this restaurant . . .

Danna's BBQ & Burger Shop, Branson - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor
RedDog.....my mouth is watering..lol
barbecue | Branson | fresh food | smoked pork | burgers | bbqDanna's BBQ | Best bbq Restaurant in Branson, MO.

And the reviews are 4.5 stars on nearly every site
Dannas Bar-B-Que and Burger Shop - Barbeque - Branson, MO - Yelp

Gets my vote !!!!

Old 05-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Room booked at the Lodge at the Falls for Sat night. No other plans made at this time, open for having fun

mark

Old 05-29-2015, 09:45 PM

I did some research on Trip Adviser and based upon the predominantly great reviews, Danna's BBQ and Burger Shop
(only .4 miles from Lodge at the Falls) might be a good choice
If others agree, we can make this our official choice for our dinner meeting on Friday night so that others who might not be able to make the 6:00 pm gathering at the motel lobby can just meet up with us at this restaurant . . .

So has this been chosen as the official dinner location in Branson Friday night (2 weeks away) ??
Sounds good to me and near the "Lodge at the Falls" hotel where several of us are staying in Branson and not to far from where anyone else is staying either.
I will be arriving with convoy from Illinois about 5pm and would like to meet others here for dinner

Please post again in this thread if you will be dining here on Friday night

Gary

Old 05-30-2015, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by VALK
So has this been chosen as the official dinner location in Branson Friday night (2 weeks away) ??
Sounds good to me and near the "Lodge at the Falls" hotel where several of us are staying in Branson and not to far from where anyone else is staying either.
I will be arriving with convoy from Illinois about 5pm and would like to meet others here for dinner

Please post again in this thread if you will be dining here on Friday night

Gary
Yes . . . Let's make this official . . . 6:30 PM at Danna's BBQ and Burger Shop for our Friday night June 12th dinner meet . . . If you're going to be in Branson please try to join us here for dinner!

Danna's BBQ and Burger Shop 963 St. Hwy 165 Branson, Mo., 65616 417-337-5527

Last edited by RED DOG; 05-30-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes . . . Let's make this official . . . 6:30 PM at Danna's BBQ and Burger Shop for our Friday night June 12th dinner meet . . . If you're going to be in Branson please try to join us here for dinner!

Danna's BBQ and Burger Shop 963 St. Hwy 165 Branson, Mo., 65616 417-337-5527

We did the pulled beef burger and fries there 2 weeks ago. Not a bad sandwich.. order at the register and they bring it out to you.

Just a note also .. Billie Gail's (if we meet for breakfast there Saturday) is cash or check.. no plastic.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Forum Regular

Any plans for Saturday's evening meal ? i hope to arrive late afternoon on Saturday.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by AKING57
Any plans for Saturday's evening meal ? i hope to arrive late afternoon on Saturday.
Andrew,
Nothing that I know of planned yet for Saturday dinner but I do want to enjoy dinner with you on Saturday so follow this thread and hopefully a plan will be arranged

Old 06-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Forum Regular

Sounds good Gary

Old 06-01-2015, 12:52 PM

Golden Corral? .. I'm sensing BBQ is kinda on the minds but after Danna's on Friday night would those eating there be game for more? Rib crib or Buffalo Wild wings? "Local" Arkansas BBQ restaurant over national chain.. Little help here people.. LOL

Old 06-01-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Golden Corral? .. I'm sensing BBQ is kinda on the minds but after Danna's on Friday night would those eating there be game for more? Rib crib or Buffalo Wild wings? "Local" Arkansas BBQ restaurant over national chain.. Little help here people.. LOL
I'm easy to please
I'm up for most anything for Saturday night
The only thing I like to do is avoid a place that I have back at home
Basically avoid Chain name restaurants I'd like a local non chain restaurant

Last edited by Valk; 06-01-2015 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:30 PM

Fat Daddy's BBQ sounds like a better place.. but is 23 miles outside Branson.. next looks like Doc's Hickory Roadhouse.. Should we set dinner up @ 5:30 for those with shows to attend?

Old 06-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Fat Daddy's BBQ sounds like a better place.. but is 23 miles outside Branson.. next looks like Doc's Hickory Roadhouse.. Should we set dinner up @ 5:30 for those with shows to attend?
whatever you decide is good for me
Probably works for others with shows to attend that evening too

Last edited by Valk; 06-01-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:19 PM

Doc's Hickory Roadhouse.. Should we set dinner up @ 5:30 for those with shows to attend?
That sounds perfect for us . . . We're IN! (Bob & Cindy)

Last edited by RED DOG; 06-03-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:34 PM

Fat Daddy's BBQ sounds like a better place.. but is 23 miles outside Branson.. next looks like Doc's Hickory Roadhouse..
Should we set dinner up Saturday @ 5:30 for those with shows to attend?
As I said either one sound good BUT... as a group I think it would be easier to stay in town.
I called Doc's Hickory Roadhouse and spoke with Lauren
She said they can accommodate a group most any size for 5:30 on Saturday if we notify them 24 hours in advance
Also plenty of parking on all 4 sides of the restaurant

Maybe its because I'm hungry but the menu looks very appealing
They are known for their BBQ but do have other items on the menu for those who don't prefer BBQ

Doc's Hickory Roadhouse BBQ - Pork Ribs & Brisket - Turkey - Chicken

Doc's Hickory Roadhouse BBQ Sauce was voted #10 out of 200 in Kansas City!
Hot or Original, its perfect with Ribs, Brisket, Pork, Turkey or Chicken!

Doc's Hickory Roadhouse
892 S State Highway 165
Branson, MO

Last edited by Valk; 06-02-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Forum Regular

Sounds good to me Gary i'm in.

Quick Reply: Post your plans in Branson, Mo. - Pre CAA6