Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

28th March - 8th April 2016 Our little US roadtrip

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 06:20 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28th March - 8th April 2016 Our little US roadtrip

Hi there, (mods, if I have post in the wrong place, please feel free to move)

Some of you will be aware that my wife Gill and I are attending the spring Dragon, we are planning a little road trip after the Dragon weekend taking in Memphis, Dallas, Houston and New Orleans returning to Atlanta for our flight home to the UK.
Would be great to meet fellow Crossfire owner on-route. :-)

Old 12-28-2015, 06:48 AM
Talking Re: 28th March - 8th April 2016 Our little US roadtrip

sounds like a wonderful trip, but live in tulsa and work to many crazy hours to meet up with ya.ARE you bring a right handed driver over cause that would me so jealous!!!!!

Old 12-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: 28th March - 8th April 2016 Our little US roadtrip

The southern Interstate route from NO to ATL ( I10 / I65 / I85 ) takes you through Auburn, AL.
Perhaps maxcichon ( he lives in Auburn ) and I can meet you for lunch or dinner ?
( I live about 65 miles northwest of Auburn )

Old 12-28-2015, 11:07 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by podszee
sounds like a wonderful trip, but live in tulsa and work to many crazy hours to meet up with ya.ARE you bring a right handed driver over cause that would me so jealous!!!!!
I sent you a PM, I will be in the Tulsa Area for the 30th Chili Bowl 1/13 - 1/17 and was wondering about interesting sites. I was going to drive, but will be flying to Las Vegas, then meeting my Dad, and flying to Tulsa.

Old 12-28-2015, 04:37 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by UK-SRT6
Hi there, (mods, if I have post in the wrong place, please feel free to move)

Some of you will be aware that my wife Gill and I are attending the spring Dragon, we are planning a little road trip after the Dragon weekend taking in Memphis, Dallas, Houston and New Orleans returning to Atlanta for our flight home to the UK.
Would be great to meet fellow Crossfire owner on-route. :-)
I think we can call your trip a "meet" or a collection of "meets".

The first of us to get to the Dragon will arrive Thursday noon or so. What you gonna do until then, since ATL is only 4 hours (or a bit less) from the Lodge? There is a LOT to see in and around Atlanta, and I have ideas for things you can do those first few days. Just message me here or on Facebook.

I usually leave the ATL area around 1pm Thursday for the Lodge, but this year, I will be leaving early, maybe 8:30am and arriving up there by noon - you can sure tag along if you like - but any GPS will get you there on your own.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:59 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I think we can call your trip a "meet" or a collection of "meets".

The first of us to get to the Dragon will arrive Thursday noon or so. What you gonna do until then, since ATL is only 4 hours (or a bit less) from the Lodge? There is a LOT to see in and around Atlanta, and I have ideas for things you can do those first few days. Just message me here or on Facebook.

I usually leave the ATL area around 1pm Thursday for the Lodge, but this year, I will be leaving early, maybe 8:30am and arriving up there by noon - you can sure tag along if you like - but any GPS will get you there on your own.
Not sure what we are doing yet before the Dragon, we have a hotel booked in Atlanta on the 28th as our flight arrives late so have a day to kill, the 29th.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:14 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
The southern Interstate route from NO to ATL ( I10 / I65 / I85 ) takes you through Auburn, AL.
Perhaps maxcichon ( he lives in Auburn ) and I can meet you for lunch or dinner ?
( I live about 65 miles northwest of Auburn )

Could be a plan! :-) we will be passing that way on the 8th April on our way back to Atlanta.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are Planning to stop in Atlanta a Marriott ( haven,t made res yet.)on the way up 28th or 29th plan to be at the lodge on the 30th

Old 01-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steps
We are Planning to stop in Atlanta a Marriott ( haven,t made res yet.)on the way up 28th or 29th plan to be at the lodge on the 30th

We are booked into the Days Inn Kennesaw Atlanta GA on the 29th then going up to Wilkesboro NC on the 30th then onto Fontana Lodge Thurs 31st.