Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Install Windscreen

Old 08-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Install Windscreen

I talked to a local company that does all the customizations for Buccaneers football and Orlando Magic players cars' about installing a windscreen in my car and I was quoted $572.45 (includes tax).

Has anyone had one professionally installed? I see that I can buy them online for around $200 - so my question is - is their quote about right?

My only other question is why on earth did DC not install them as standard equipment or give an option to install?

Thanks,
Sharon

Last edited by Sharonaln67; 08-23-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Install Windscreen

Get the windscreen from moparsupercenter.com, talk to Jeff Hunter. The screen is under $200 the installation is 10 minutes. See numerous posts on this forum for installation. DON'T rivet the rubber track in place. Use industrial grade Velcro as suggested by Rob (CrossfireLtd) which you can get at an Ace Hardware store. Mines been in place for over a year and I've had no problems. Your installer is the biggest rip-off I've heard of on this Forum to date.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Install Windscreen

As Marc has stated, $200.00 or less for the Mopar Wind Screen, labor about a half hour and $2.49 for the velcro. Just my opinion but the Mopar Wind Screen is the best product out there, you will see some on ebay also.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:19 PM

Sharon,

I can get you the Mopar windscreen for $135.30 + ship...

Danno

Old 08-24-2006, 12:49 AM
Forum Regular

Here is my windscreen...

I did get mine on ebay and it's been great. It required no more than 3 minutes to install and it fits like a tee. It's not a Mopar. I like quality and would not accept a shoddy looking product on my car. This windscreen blocks the wind and it looks nice.

The guy who sold me the windscreen lives in my area, and he custom makes the windscreen for the cars. Mine attaches to the roll bars. Let me know if you're interested. I paid $78.00 for mine.

Danno's price is great BTW.

You can get clear straps, as well. The pic is not my car. It's from the guys website.

Last edited by golfergal; 08-24-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:39 AM

One thing you'll definitely want to make sure of is that you have a tight, solid fit. Otherwise, you'll have an annoying rattle due to wind buffeting the acrylic screen against the roll bars.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Danno
Sharon,

I can get you the Mopar windscreen for $135.30 + ship...

Danno
If its something I can do myself, I'd be game. Where do I sign up? How can I get in touch with you to coordinate it?

I thought that price was steep and you guys just proved, once again, how this site it the greatest...

Old 08-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Install Windscreen

Yes the Mopar Wind Screen has come down in price, when I purchased mine in 2004 it was $268.00 at the dealer.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Copernicus
One thing you'll definitely want to make sure of is that you have a tight, solid fit. Otherwise, you'll have an annoying rattle due to wind buffeting the acrylic screen against the roll bars.
My screen fits like a glove. There are no rattles or buffeting. I like the fact that the space behind the roll bars is covered as air does come through those openings when the screen fits only between the roll bars. Makes a big difference, IMO.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67
I talked to a local company that does all the customizations for Buccaneers football and Orlando Magic players cars' about installing a windscreen in my car and I was quoted $572.45 (includes tax).

Has anyone had one professionally installed? I see that I can buy them online for around $200 - so my question is - is their quote about right?

My only other question is why on earth did DC not install them as standard equipment or give an option to install?

Thanks,
Sharon
Here is the website:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Best-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 08-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Smile Re: Install Windscreen

Stick with the Mopar version. I agree, don't drill any holes. I installed mine without the velcro by just using the velcro straps on the roll bars and the placing the bottom in the plastic bottom. It hasn't moved since I installed it.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67
If its something I can do myself, I'd be game. Where do I sign up? How can I get in touch with you to coordinate it?

I thought that price was steep and you guys just proved, once again, how this site it the greatest...
Sharon,

Yep, you can do it yourself in a matter of minutes. There are some screws that are "supposed" to be used to mount the lower track piece. I didn't use them on mine. No way am I drilling holes in my Roadster! hahaha. But other than that its a piece of cake to put in.

You can email me all your info (addy, phone, cc#) @ dbennett@bremertondodge.com OR call me 1-800-826-8951. Ask for Dan Bennett... just remind me that you are on the Crossfire forum, and I'll make sure you get the screaming deal.

Danno

Old 08-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Forum Regular

Dan,
You are the greatest. I will definitely be contacting you for some Mopar accessories as soon as I pay some college tuitions (plural) for our two kids. I'm thinking the embroidered floor mats will be my first order...from there...hmmm...I will have to do some thinking...(that can be scary).

Old 08-24-2006, 06:14 PM

Thanks! I try... hahaha.

Actually it works out really well me being an enthusiast AND working at a Dodge dealer (Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep... its all the same ) AND having a boss thats willing to let me sell at these deals. Well... its all good. You locals end up getting hurt the worst because of tax, and believe it or not it costs me more to ship to Bellevue than it would for the same part to go to California... Grrr...

Anyway, let me know when you are ready, and Ill get ya taken care of!

Thanks again,

Danno

Old 02-13-2007, 03:05 AM
Default Windscreen

Hello all,
Just to let you know, windscreens can be installed by just about anyone. Our product on site simply bolts on with two bolts. These bolts will replace factory bolts that are already in place. It's basically just like factory option. Looks even better though. We sell custom etched and illuminated windscreens for a very reasonable price. Thick material and double sided abrasive resistant. Very high quality. Check out the link and see what you think. Be one of the first to have for CROSSFIRE!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

How is Robert, I have not heard from him in months? The Windscreens are awesome !!!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:59 PM

Robert is doing ok. His health has been up and down. We actually got incorporated last month and acquired a full time staff. Much stress was removed off of him!
I'm glad you are a satisfied customer. Your windscreen is on fire man. Sweet!

Stephen Pennington.
Roberts Elder Bro.