Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Pura Vida... I now own a Crossfire

Old 10-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pura Vida... I now own a Crossfire

I am in love with my crossfire. Thanks to my wife, I bought a red crossfire limited coupe on 8/31/06 brand new for $21,000 in NJ with 3,600 miles. Thanks again to my wife and with her blessing, I sold it two weeks later to a buddy of mine for the same price. And now I bought my favorite color combination, a limited aero blue convertible with black and cream interior. Needless to say I have spent countless hours on ebay, this forum and numerous articles. My first car was a blue '73 challenger that I loved and thought I would never find another car to replace my love for it. Until, the crossfire. I can't believe what a beating these cars are taking in price, what a poor marketing job chrysler did.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Pura Vida... I now own a Crossfire

Welcome to the family!

Congrats on your new addition - may you have many hours of smiles plastered to your face as you come up with every excuse to take the long way to get to everywhere!!

Old 10-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and enjoy...

Old 10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cross1973
I am in love with my crossfire. Thanks to my wife, I bought a red crossfire limited coupe on 8/31/06 brand new for $21,000 in NJ with 3,600 miles. Thanks again to my wife and with her blessing, I sold it two weeks later to a buddy of mine for the same price. And now I bought my favorite color combination, a limited aero blue convertible with black and cream interior. Needless to say I have spent countless hours on ebay, this forum and numerous articles. My first car was a blue '73 challenger that I loved and thought I would never find another car to replace my love for it. Until, the crossfire. I can't believe what a beating these cars are taking in price, what a poor marketing job chrysler did.
Welcome to the club bud...now you can enjoy and despair at the highs and lows of owning an XF...just think of it as an adventure. I picked mine up in NJ too, with just about the same mileage as yours. I have the coupe though. Don't know what part of NJ you live in, but a few of us are heading to Ocean City MD this weekend for the "Endless Summer Cruise" event. Tony (acrispy1) and a few others will be there. If you can make it come on down (see the thread in the Northeast region area).

Later!

Old 10-03-2006, 02:07 PM

Thanks for the invite. I live in Columbia, South Carolina. Come down for the winter when I can ride with the top down. Grew up in the North but will die in the south with this weather. Enjoy OC my old boss retired there and we visited him last summer, great place to visit.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah, jumped to conclusion that you were in NJ. No worries and I'll take you up on the visit, my bro just moved to Myrtle Beach area, so I gotta make a run down there sometime to visit. I'll let you know when I head down!

Cheers.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum!

Old 10-03-2006, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by cross1973
Needless to say I have spent countless hours on ebay, this forum and numerous articles. My first car was a blue '73 challenger that I loved and thought I would never find another car to replace my love for it.
Congratulations Cross1973! I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I used to have a 1970 Challenger with a 440. It was a serious adrenaline rush to drive. I have found the same to be true of the Crossfire, though it is more refined and considerably more comfortable. In addition, it doesn't take me months to find a replacement part (at least not yet anyway).

Old 10-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Forum Regular

Welcome to MY world and you have the same car as me! I love my Crossfire. It's been a joy since the day I first sat behind the wheel and the limited, two tone roadster is just about the sharpest looking car on the road, IMO.

Check out the "sills" you can get illuminated with the Crossfire logo. They look fabulous with the aeroblue! I just installed the sprint booster, too. It's a great mod and your car will fly!

Good luck and add pics so we can compare and admire!

Old 10-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Forum Regular

Welcome. I tried to find that color combination while shopping for my Roadster and never came close. I really like the looks of my Roadster...so I can't imagine how much more delighted I could be...but that Cream interior...gotta love it!!!