Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Waaa!

Old 12-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts
Default Waaa!

It actually rained here in Southern California last night, unbelievable! Sorry all !!! I had to say something, no top down WAAA!

Old 12-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Waaa!

Originally Posted by ZERACER
It actually rained here in Southern California last night, unbelievable! Sorry all !!! I had to say something, no top down WAAA!
I am trying to not feel too sorry for you. We had a record snow storm 3 weeks ago...I was stranded, had to abandon my car...blah blah blah...then, on Thursday, we had 90 mph winds tear through the Seattle area...we just got power back a few hours ago. I finished tossing ALL my food in the freezer...trees are "in houses" all over the area...toppled wires and utility poles snapped like tooth picks. We have had the WORST weather ever in this city, and my little Xfire has been locked in my garage since the garage door opener would not work and...I had no intention of taking her out in these elements.

Spent 11 hours at the mall hoping for the power to turn back on...no go..House was 44 degrees when we returned...NOT FUN!

Old 12-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Zeracer,

Is that wet stuff falling on our Crossfire's called rain?

I've heard so much about it. Will it come back? LOL.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:33 PM

Golfergal,
Sorry to hear about the mess. I have seen it on the news. The media has the ability to make things sound worse but it seems they have not. I wish you the best and hopefully a wonderful holiday. I'll be looking at property in Oregon through the holidays (Eugine area) hopefully they have not been hit as hard as you.

Take care and stay as warm as you can !!

Old 12-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Forum Regular

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?i...3479480zl0.jpg

A few pics...saw this right outside my door!

Last edited by golfergal; 12-18-2006 at 03:33 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:35 AM
Forum Regular

It pays to have a covered garage...I think...

Old 12-18-2006, 10:52 AM

All I can say is WOW!

Old 12-18-2006, 10:56 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't realize it was that bad. I'm sorry to see that you've gone through such a disaster. Thank God you're OK.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:18 PM

Ya, the Northwest has been particularly bad. My girlfriend has lived in Washington state for most of her life (23 years) and just moved to be with me here in Southern California. There's been snowstorms, flooding, and high wind up north in Washington, while here in SoCal it rained for one night only the past month. She's grateful to be living down here.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Zeracer
Life is to short for sweating the small stuff!
Is that an embedded joke? You know, like, life is too short to spell the word 'too' correctly?

Old 12-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alexander
Ya, the Northwest has been particularly bad. My girlfriend has lived in Washington state for most of her life (23 years) and just moved to be with me here in Southern California. There's been snowstorms, flooding, and high wind up north in Washington, while here in SoCal it rained for one night only the past month. She's grateful to be living down here.
Hey, do you have room for me? I promise not to be a nuisance, and I'll park my roadster out of your way! Ha! I could use some So Cal weather and life style right now!

Merry Merry!

Old 12-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by golfergal

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?i...3479480zl0.jpg

A few pics...saw this right outside my door!
Somebody apparently wanted you to have a bigger christmas tree.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Forum Regular

Can't get my son into the doctor as the office has no power. People are dying all around us from carbon monoxide poisoning. As horrific as the Mt. Hood disaster is, I find the media going way overboard on a story that had a poor outcome from the get-go. Please don't get me wrong. My heart goes out to the victims and their families, but we had a family of 5 people succumb to CM poisoning just yesterday because they put their generator in their garage. College son came home to find his family dead. No news coverage. And had there been more attention to what's happened here, with lessons and warnings by the authorities, these people would be alive. The youngest family members were small children.

When my power returned, CNN and Fox had over 10 hours of coverage of Mt. Hood's rescue, asking the same questions over and over again. Not a mention of the fact that tens of thousands of people in Washington state are without power, temps in the 20s, roads closed, gasoline shortage...rant over...

Old 12-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Forum Regular

i agree golfergal, the morons on the news would rather cover 3 idiots, i mean who else climbs mt. hood in dec., who got themselves into that mess, than a real disaster that affects many people like the nw storm has, its looking like katrina all over again. i hope your doing ok there!!!

Old 12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Forum Regular

Stacy,

Just seeing you on this site is enough to know that while you may have been inconvenienced due to the weather, that you're doing fine. Or at least as good as can be expected...

You hang in there and know the rest of us know what is going on outside of those climbers.

Chin up, stay warm!!!
Sharon

Old 12-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the jest, I didn't realize things were as serious as they are in Washington. Coming into work this morning I heard the radio mention something about CM causing deaths in Washington (I was thinking DC not Seattle) and said it was an epidemic. I just rolled my eyes at the idea of it being an epidemic, but before I go into politics I just wanted to apologize for the joke and I do hope your family is ok.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Forum Regular

Hey...no problem on my end...and thank you, Sharon, for you kind words. Talked to a co-worker today...he is on his 6th day without power...has no water, either...is having to carry buckets up from this small lake near his home so they can use the toilets. Drinking bottled water and cooking over a gas barbeque...outside...with good ventilation. He has a 4 year old and an 8 year old...not a lot of fun for Christmas break. Walking the mall for hours and trying to find ways to stay warm gets old really quickly...

We have had a lot of very strange weather this year and I suppose, more to come...I'm not getting out on the golf course at all these days...which makes this Golfergal very very grumpy!

Old 12-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Forum Regular

Holy crap - I just read this and the stats are freaky!
To date, 14 people have died because of the storm. And more than 100 have suffered carbon monoxide poisoning while trying to keep warm during the blackouts. Dozens of people have been treated for the poisoning in a hyperbaric chamber that re-oxygenates the blood at Virginia Mason Medical Center, officials said.

"We're dealing with a carbon-monoxide epidemic in Western Washington," said Dr. Neil B. Hampson at Virginia Mason's Center for Hyperbaric Medicine. "This has the potential to be the worst case of carbon monoxide poisoning in the country."
http://www.insurancejournal.com/news...2/20/75285.htm

Old 12-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Forum Regular

Another person died today... And the doctor that was quoted...well, he was president of our senior class in high school. He's the expert in the area for all such lung ailments...My friend still has no power...not expected to get it back on until after Christmas...and guess what, a new storm is coming in tonight!

Today's paper:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/home/index.html

Old 12-20-2006, 05:40 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

GG, I'm really sorry to hear you folks are going through that hell. I hope you will come out of it safe.

Quick Reply: Waaa!