Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

They came out to play...

Old 02-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They came out to play...

On an average week, I see maybe 1/2 Crossfires on the road. Today, with weather in the mid-70's, the sun beaming and the wind wisping just right, I saw 9 Crossfires within a 3 hour window! It was the most amazing site.... but alas, I have yet to see another yellow one (so I feel even more special). One of them purposely lined himself up next to me so we could equally admire each others car and have some small talk before the light changed colors.

It seems silly, but with each one I saw, I just had to smile and go "what an awesome car". I tried to catch up to a few but with so many people out taking advantage of the weather, it just didn't happen. I had one man ask me how I liked my car (you know the answer to that - LOVE IT!), one asked me "what kind of car is that" and a few head turns - this car is awesome... I must be vain to get so much pleasure out of seeing people react to my car - oh wait, guess that means we are all vain!

Hope everyone had a good week-end!

Old 02-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: They came out to play...

I know exactly how you feel. Yesterday my wife and I drove to Savanna and I got so many looks and stares. There is nothing wrong with liking other people be envious of our choice of vehicles. I had to get it out on the road today right after a big rain storm passed through. Then I had to wash it again. I realized I had a few bugs from yesterdays trip commit suicide on my bumper.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Default Re: They came out to play...

Like I have said before, the only thing better than driving your Crossfire is SEEING another Crossfire when driving yours! Having a Crossfire is great in a sneaky kind of way...everyone looks, but few know the whole story (price, mechanicals, value) they just assume that it is flashy fast etc-which is great!

Old 02-26-2007, 03:04 PM

Must be nice to have days in the mid 70's...right now I would settle for one in the 50's...Ohio winters are way too long for me and frankly this one has been especially hard to take. Soon hopefully I can get it out and maybe just maybe even put the top down. It is no wonder roadsters don't sell in this state.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharon, you are a master of innuendo. "Topless in Florida" coupled with "They came out to play" makes for interesting imagery.

Nonetheless, I too enjoy running across another XF every now and then. It's great that there are so few of us on the roads that it allows us to feel special when we do cross paths.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Thumbs up Re: They came out to play...

Sharon,

Do you happen to know how many yellow x's have been built? What is the ratio compared to the other colors?

When I first saw the yellow color I had to have one. When I was a kid my father brought home a new yellow 1965 Chrysler 300 while his New Yorker boat was being repaired. I fell in love with the color that very day.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Forum Regular

You know, I don't know the ratio, but it was my only color choice as far as I was concerned, too! And you know what is sad, right now they are all slowly finding their way to Florida!

On Monday when she went in for her second service (17K miles), there were 3 yellow Roadsters just sitting there on the used car lot and of course, I had to find out what they are going for... gulp... $11K less then when I bought mine... so anyone looking for a used yellow Roadster and willing to spend $29K can have their pick of which one!

And add insult to injury, on my way home tonight from work (sob) I had a yellow one right next to me at a stoplight and the (*&*%^) woman that was driving it did not even acknowledge me or the fact that we had the same car!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:18 PM

Some peoples kids...makes you want to jerk them out of the car and give it to someone who would appreciate it!!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Forum Regular

In the 30's and rain and freezing rain. We just got back from 9 days in Cancun and I am NOT ready for the cold!

Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kmag52
Must be nice to have days in the mid 70's...right now I would settle for one in the 50's...Ohio winters are way too long for me and frankly this one has been especially hard to take. Soon hopefully I can get it out and maybe just maybe even put the top down. It is no wonder roadsters don't sell in this state.
I actually took my baby out for a short drive to work on Wednesday. The weather was low 40's, still lots of snow on the ground but the roads were clear. Then Thursday came in with 51 degrees and thunderstorms...Two Harleys was snug back in the garage...and tomorrow, Saturday...snow all day. But we had a brief taste of spring already...Phil, the groundhog, was right...no shadow, early spring. Yippeee!

Old 03-05-2007, 10:01 AM

I was coming home from work last Thursday evening here in northwest Ohio and I passed a red Crossfire coupe on I-75. When I exited at Bluffton the coupe followed me off the exit. So I stopped my truck and ran back to the lady (I probably startled her) and thanked her for convincing me to go home and get out my yellow roadster.

I went for a 30-45 min drive & then picked up a pizza & headed for home.

The thought occurred to me as I flew through the countryside (at 80 mph) "man do I love this car!!"

By the way, the Chrysler dealership down the street from my work just got a 2006 yellow crossfire roadster ($32,999). I think Daimler is cutting it's losses on the Crossfire and I don't expect there will be a 2007 model. It is a great time to pick up an excellent road car for a bargain price!

Old 03-05-2007, 12:41 PM

The dealer in Findlay (Treadway) has two roadsters in ...one yellow and one sapphire blue. In fact the sapphire blue is in the showroom!

Old 03-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

For now, most of the dealers seem to be holding firm on pricing. Maybe people are starting to realize what they are, thanks to the drivers and admirers, not Chrysler advertising.