Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Luggage?

Old 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luggage?

A short time ago I purchased an '05 SRT-6 Roadster. I am the first registered owner/the window sticker states, "Touring Gear".
I contacted Chrysler via email re. my luggage. They replied my car was not eligible for a set of luggage! Wonder why?
After searching here re. luggage, I called their luggage hot line, got voice mail but left message.
Should I be entitled to a set?

Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Default Re: Luggage?

I got a set of luggage with mine but I think there stock on the luggage may out now...but maybe if your persistent you can still get a set.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:20 PM

We got a full set with our SRT-6 Roadster. No arm twisting, no kicking and screaming, It arrived FedEx about two weeks after the purchase. We DID however have to ASK for it. Otherwise I'm sure some sales goon would have had a new set of luggage. BTW...It is real nice stuff and fits perfect in the trunk.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Forum Regular

Mine arrived 2 weeks after delivery without asking and yes the sticker said Touring Gear. The problem may be as previously mentioned that they are now out of stock on the luggage as the cars have been sitting unsold for a time and the luggage contract perhaps could be cancelled unlike the Karmann contract.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM
RPM

I had to buy mine off of ebay. New in box for $200.
I called Chrysler about luggage too. I'm the first registered owner of my SRT6 since it was a Chrysler owned car, but they said it wasn't eligible.
They may be out of the luggage completely by now too - not sure.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally888
A short time ago I purchased an '05 SRT-6 Roadster. I am the first registered owner/the window sticker states, "Touring Gear".
I contacted Chrysler via email re. my luggage. They replied my car was not eligible for a set of luggage! Wonder why?
After searching here re. luggage, I called their luggage hot line, got voice mail but left message.
Should I be entitled to a set?
If you are the first owner, and it's included on the window sticker they have to give you the set. Do you know why they're telling you don't qualify?
I think there lies your answer. Ask them to tell you why you don't qualify. Out of stock is not a valid reason.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies!
I did ask why I did not qualify after their email. No answer yet.

Wally

Old 04-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Forum Regular

Just looked at my window sticker and it also says "Touring Gear". I will be calling my dealer today to inquire about this. If it's on the sticker then I want it. If they can't supply it, then I want something in place of it...like maybe lighted door sills.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Forum Regular

Read through the many post regarding this for phone numbers and suggestions on acquiring the luggage you are entitled to. Just do a search for luggage.

If all else fails I noticed that Chrysler has a nice set of luggage on their promotional merchandise site. Check out this page. This luggage is similar to the official XF luggage. The set is also a pretty a good deal at $139.

Chrysler also have a nifty lapel pin.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:25 PM

I received a luggage set for each of the two crossfires that I purchased ... you should be entitled since you are paying for it as a feature on the window sticker! Good luck!

Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Forum Regular

Spoke with the dealership today about the luggage and the fact that the Navigation Manual was not in my packet of manuals. They said they would order me a navigation manual. When I asked about the luggage, he first tried to tell me that was only on the SRT-6. When I told him that "Touring Gear" was listed on my window sticker he said that I should then get it and he will check on it for me. I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:08 AM

I received a set of luggage for my 2004 when I purchased it. Came to me by FedEx also. I just purchased a new 2005 SRT Roadster and, like the first, the luggage just arrived FedEx.

jt

Old 04-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by snowtop57
Spoke with the dealership today about the luggage and the fact that the Navigation Manual was not in my packet of manuals. They said they would order me a navigation manual. When I asked about the luggage, he first tried to tell me that was only on the SRT-6. When I told him that "Touring Gear" was listed on my window sticker he said that I should then get it and he will check on it for me. I'll keep you posted.
After I purchased my car, a few days later my Wife called the dealer and asked them about the luggage and they said the same thing, that I wasn't entitled to it.
But 2 weeks later it appeared on our doorstep.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:51 PM

My window sticker says "touring gear." Without prompting, I received one rolling 23" piece of luggage direct from Chrysler. Its quite nice.
However, what is a set? Should I have received anything else?

Old 04-16-2007, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by INNERCOOL
My window sticker says "touring gear." Without prompting, I received one rolling 23" piece of luggage direct from Chrysler. Its quite nice.
However, what is a set? Should I have received anything else?
Have you opened it up yet and looked inside?

Old 04-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Oh boy. Are you going to tell me I'm a dummy?!
I looked in. Took the roller bag out of the box, but did not take it out of its clear plastic wrapper. (I'm nowhere near the box right now).

Old 04-16-2007, 06:07 PM

Oh boy. Are you going to tell me I'm a dummy?!
I looked in. Took the roller bag out of the box, but did not take it out of its clear plastic wrapper. (I'm nowhere near the box right now).
Nothing could be further from my mind. Because I've had mine still "sealed" in the plastic bag for 2 years now. I just assumed there were other bags inside.
Let me know how it turns out.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:11 PM

FedEx delivered the luggage package to our door 10 days after the car was delivered. My wife thinks I should sell it and make a car payment with it. Pretty cool looking, not sure if I would ever really use it though.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:59 PM

You call it a "luggage package." Please describe the luggage pieces you received.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Forum Regular

You call it a "luggage package." Please describe the luggage pieces you received.
There are three pieces of luggage in the set. The rolling bag is, obviously, the largest of the set, and the other pieces are folded inside the roller. Once bag is a more typical carry-on Gym bag with multiple pockets, sealed pockets for gym shoes or wet towels, and a large padded "rope" handle for easy carrying. The lasy bag is my favorite. You could think of it as a carpet bag, but it's not that big. It has one long zipper on top, and the two ends of the zipper end in leather straps that fit through rings at the base of the bag to make the bag easier to carry. The "mouth" of the bag opens very wide to accept just about anything. It has a full length zipper poucket inside the bag, and a small slip pocket on the outside. I travel with this bag when I need another carryon bag and don't need suite...although in my recent flight to Bahia Blanca, Argentina I put a folding suit bag inside, 2 folded dress shirts, extra shoes, all of my bathroom supplies, belts, ties, and so on. Enough for 2 days travel, and still had room for my Palm, MP3 player, Digital Camera, and other sundry items.

This pic is on the forum:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=touring+gear

Regards,

Quick Reply: Luggage?