Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Saying goodbye

Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saying goodbye

Hey guys - bet you wonder what happened to me, eh? I'm alive and hanging in there. After getting a few emails asking what's going on with me, I felt it was time to spill the beans...

Long and short, I lost all the passion for my car after it got keyed about 4 months ago - I have found myself turning in to the kind of owner that doesn't really care when the car gets dirty - something that was sooo sacrilegious to me not too long ago!!! Its so hard to believe that I'm the same person that was passionate about the car not so long ago but alas, I can now relate to a few people that went through something like this themselves. It's so sad that someone jealous of what I had was able to turn me in to someone that lost the passion that this car held for me. Its hard to explain why it happened but I can only say it did...

Its still a great car and one I am so lucky to have owned, however when the lease is up in 11 months, this car is being traded in for something that won't draw this kind of attention again.

I may check in from time to time to just say hey and to read what is going on with everyone, but don't expect to really read too much from me anymore...

Take care and the best of luck to everyone!!
Sharon

Old 09-04-2007, 09:29 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Saying goodbye

Too bad that incident made you feel the way you do now. You have a beautiful car. Hopefully you rekindle your passion for it before your lease is up. You still have almost a year to go. But whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the best. We will miss you and your postings.

Good luck, and may God bless you.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Forum Regular
Unhappy Re: Saying goodbye

I remember the thread about your beloved XF getting keyed. You had a lot of responses over it, and a lot of us wanted to get the person who did damage to your car. I was wondering why you kind of went away. So sorry to hear that. I had a 2002 Avalanche that had a similar thing happen to it, except it was a bicycle not a key. Put a dent and a long scratch on the drivers door. I lost interest in the thing after a while and sold it. I got tired of looking at the damage everytime I opened the drivers door. Just take care and keep in touch. We all love ya!!

Old 09-04-2007, 09:30 PM

Sharonaln67,

I'm sorry that the trials of life (unfair as they are) has done this to you. As you know, we as the crossfire family have powers to restore you faith and passion you felt for the remainder of your lease. I myself, bought a SRT6 and am having the time of my life. Please don't disappear.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:46 PM

Ok so you still have your baby! Maybe she just needs to hook up with the right group and recreate that passion that has just been hiding. We know you have been having a challenging year. This may just be the ticket to pull you up. Your positivety is missed on the forum. FP just can't fill your shoes, but he does try hard.

Why not take the time and come to one of the GTG's the "Toy" is putting together. Bring a friend or just come and visit all the friends you have made on the CROSSFIRE FORUM. This I am sure is shared by everyone that has read your posts or met you from previously attended GTG's.

Last edited by RMADERMAN; 09-05-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67
I can now relate to a few people that went through something like this themselves.It's so sad that someone jealous of what I had was able to turn me in to someone that lost the passion that this car held for me. Its hard to explain why it happened but I can only say it did.
sorry to hear this...

but i must say, i feel the same way since my car was maliciously driven into.

at least i only have 2 months remaining before lease turn in.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:01 PM

sorry to hear about what happened to your car. i have had my xfire for 2 months i'm in love with it i wash it once a week and wax it every other. i find myself just looking at it from time to time. its hard to believe i can one day loose that kind of love for a car as u did. but i think some new paint and a few mods will make you fall in love allover again.!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You can't let somebody's ignorance ruin your love for your car, I understand how you feel because my car is in the body shop right now and this is the fifth time. Everything from a kid threw a rock at my door, someone shot a BB gun and hit my toneau cover, someone hit my bumper while my car was parked, "Someone Keyed My Car" and the last thing was hit by a tire tread off an 18 wheeler on my way to the Woodward Dream Cruise in Michigan but I still love my car and refuse to let other peoples ignorance ruin that. Start washing your car and put a good coat of wax on it and join us on the forum every evening and that love will come back 10 fold. Those memories to cherish are still out there. Welcome Back???

Old 09-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Forum Regular

Wow, Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear of your lost passion for your adorable car. I can understand your frustration with the keyed exterior and the pain of having to go through the repair process. I do hope that you can get some of that "loving" feeling back before you turn "her" in.

As one of a few women who post on here, I will miss you. I still love my car as much as the day I drove it off the lot. I've enjoyed it every day I sit behind the wheel and hope that's the case for years to come.

Sometimes, however, all good things come to an end...and if you're ready to move on in a year or so, i wish you the best.

My car is in need of a car wash since it rained today, but I don't get stressed about it. It doesn't take that long to do a quick car wash...at least how I do it and the car looks great.

I wish you the best...

Old 09-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am very sorry to hear that you are leaving and that the "love is gone".

Do not let the miscreants steal the passion and love from your life. Keep on trying!

Good luck and i hope that you stay with us and regain the love for your XFire.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Forum Regular

Was it not repaired to your satisfaction?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Forum Regular

The restaurant that it happened in front of will not pay for the repairs, nor will my insurance company... How crappy is that, right?

Anyone rich enough to cough up the $1,300 to get half my car repainted? Yes, that was the last quote to get it taken care of... So alas, I had someone with a pretty steady hand do a pretty descent job covering it up however its still visible because the paint was not a perfect match due to time lightening the yellow even more... pretty gosh darn sad, aint it?

I wish I could cough it up, but with what's going on with my family, every little extra bit of cash I have is helping them pay for the cancer treatments for my mom... not looking for any sympathy, but that gives you an idea of my frustration... The child is taking care of the parents...

Old 09-05-2007, 08:30 PM

What was the reason that the insurance company gave you for not paying? I would think that you pay the deductible (say $250) and they would pay the rest. If they have a valid reason for not paying, how about your homeowners comprehensive insurance? Umbrella policy? This isn't right (like you need me to tell you that) and won't you get $crewed when you turn it in at the end of the lease? Have you had the folks you are leasing it from (Chrysler?) call the insurance company? Maybe they would have better luck or be able to apply more pressure.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at trade in time ... buy a wrangler ... i just bought a really old one recently and its ugly and smells old too ... but with the top down its tons of fun to drive, traffic clears for my oversized tube bumper, i park where i want when i want without even a ounce of concern for it. the owners are what i thought as strange at first as well, they love leaving their jeeps dirty, body damage is glorified and left on the trucks, and they drive their trucks through the craziest stuff i have ever seen just to say they did it.

i love my crossfire, but i feel like it belongs in a showroom ... that's why i am glad i have this old wrangler to drive around.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sharonaln67
Anyone rich enough to cough up the $1300 to get half my car repainted?
Tell you what...

Do you have a PayPal account? I'll chip in $100. If we can get 13 other people here to do the same, you can at least enjoy your Crossfire while dealing with your parents.

Wadda you say, guys?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by radmanly
Tell you what...

Do you have a PayPal account? I'll chip in $100. If we can get 13 other people here to do the same, you can at least enjoy your Crossfire while dealing with your parents.

Wadda you say, guys?
Make that another hundred.

Randy Aderman

Must be someone in florida with a Crossfire and a body shop.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Forum Regular

Sharon,
I had a major collision with a rock on my lower bumper and it was bad...it was really bad. I found a person on Craigslist in my area that came to my home and re-painted my bumper perfectly with a perfect color match for $200. It was a year ago and it looks absolutely pristine. He works for the dealerships but has gone out on his own to make some money. I don't know if you have checked Craigslist, but here is a link that may be near you...good luck. I think you can have the work done for less than your quote...
http://tampa.craigslist.org/search/b...o+paint+repair

Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Forum Regular

Only paid $175...not $200...and it was perfect...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t=11335&page=2

Last edited by golfergal; 09-05-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

When my xfire was keyed it was covered under comprehensive and that's was $0.00 deductible and fixed 100%. I can't see why an insurance company would not pay for this. Patpur is an agent maybe he can add some light on this. By the way I'll offer $100 as well.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Forum Regular

The story of why it was denied is enough to get my blood boiling so forgive me for saying I really don't want to rehash all of that again... but lets just say that after 6 years with Progressive, I switched insurance companies. Loyalty no longer exists - companies don't care anymore...

But I'll check out CraigsList, Stac, and see what I can find - it would be nice to get back some of that 'loving feeling' that I had with this car not but 6 months ago. Which was the very reason I ended up paying more then I wanted to for this car - it WAS love at first site and I didn't care (at the time).

She's a beaut that still gets compliments... even had a few strangers offer to 'take out the person/people' that did that to my car! LOL.

Trying to get it back, guys... am really, really trying... maybe Danimal is right, I need a fix with the locals again.

Quick Reply: Saying goodbye