Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Hagerty Special "Exotic Car" Insurance

Old 11-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hagerty Special "Exotic Car" Insurance

My roadster is a garage queen, just want to be clear on that before I go on. She never sees rain, is afraid of the dark, parking lots or even being driven to work. I live in upstate NY and my 'regular' full coverage auto insurance policy for the Roadster year round was costing around $1200, with a $500 deductible. I have a clean license, I have several cars. I did some checking and if you drive your Crossfire Roadster as a "4th car" (not a daily driver or 2nd car) I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Hagerty (collector vehicle insurance company) will insure your baby as an 'exotic' and give you a great rate on year round stated value insurance. They make it crystal clear that if you are driving you car daily, or more than 2000 miles a year, they don't offer coverage. I am now paying less than $500 a year for stated value ($23.5K) full coverage $250 deductible. Stated value means that you set what it's worth and if (heaven forbid) there is a total loss, you settle on that amount not what the 'book' says. I am very happy that I checked into this, as I just saved myself a whole lot of money and even better.... now the plates are on year round and if I get an inch on a warm Indian summer day (like today.. it's going to be sunny and 70* and it's November 6th. In Upstate NY that is RARE) I can scratch it. So... if you also own a garage queen and have it insured as a 'normal' car, visit www.hagerty.com/

Old 11-06-2008, 06:24 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hagerty Special "Exotic Car" Insurance

Yep...same here.....they have been insuring my Crossfire for years!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Forum Regular

When I replaced my Crossfire with my Boxster I too contacted Hagerty and got exotic car rates from them. Took the policy and paid about $890 year (the Stated value is a little higher so I guess thats why the price was more than your quotes. Also I'm closer to NYC being on Long Island so that may contribute to a bit higher rate). Since taking their policy I've heard #'s from Grundy (another very large specialty car insurer) that are about half that of Hagertys. Before I renew in February with Hagertys I'm definitely checking out Grundys. You may want to also.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
When I replaced my Crossfire with my Boxster I too contacted Hagerty and got exotic car rates from them. Took the policy and paid about $890 year (the Stated value is a little higher so I guess thats why the price was more than your quotes. Also I'm closer to NYC being on Long Island so that may contribute to a bit higher rate). Since taking their policy I've heard #'s from Grundy (another very large specialty car insurer) that are about half that of Hagertys. Before I renew in February with Hagertys I'm definitely checking out Grundys. You may want to also.
Just called Grundy, will not cover are cars!!

Old 11-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Forum Regular

Will have to call now and check on my Boxster before I rule out Hagertys. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got insurance from Hagerty great deal, I insured my 82 Firebird and the Crossfire it came to $595.00 for the year.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by acrispy1
I just got insurance from Hagerty great deal, I insured my 82 Firebird and the Crossfire it came to $595.00 for the year.
The nice thing about Hagerty is they only charge one liabilty fee no matter how many collector or exotic cars you insure with them. They only charge collision for each vehicle. They understand, as many insurance companies don't, that you can only drive one car at a time. I've had them for years and think they're a great company.

Bruce

Old 01-31-2009, 05:39 AM

Thanks for starting this thread. My Crossfire is "garage art" and only taken out on nice days, so the 2000 mile/yr limit is not a problem for me.

Allstate must hate Crossfires because they were charging me $1450 per year, which was way out of line with my other cars. I switched my Crossfire to Hagerty for $508 per year. Huge savings for me!

Thanks again for your post and this forum!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:31 AM
Forum Regular

I just switched my Porsche from Hagertys to Grundy. Premium went from $890 to under $600 for $39,000 agreed value.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:47 AM

Hmmm

Daily driver (excluding snow/ice, severe thunderstorms, etc.) I estimate 12k mi a year and I'm only paying $600 a year and I enjoy it whenever I get the chance. Oh and 1 ticket on my record (not XF related)

Old 01-31-2009, 09:52 AM
Forum Regular

I don't know what getting an inch on a warm summer day has to do with it... but I pay $700 per year for max coverage unlimited use for my SRT. It was AIG but is changing to Century 21.

Steve

Originally Posted by MLC2008
My roadster is a garage queen, just want to be clear on that before I go on. She never sees rain, is afraid of the dark, parking lots or even being driven to work. I live in upstate NY and my 'regular' full coverage auto insurance policy for the Roadster year round was costing around $1200, with a $500 deductible. I have a clean license, I have several cars. I did some checking and if you drive your Crossfire Roadster as a "4th car" (not a daily driver or 2nd car) I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Hagerty (collector vehicle insurance company) will insure your baby as an 'exotic' and give you a great rate on year round stated value insurance. They make it crystal clear that if you are driving you car daily, or more than 2000 miles a year, they don't offer coverage. I am now paying less than $500 a year for stated value ($23.5K) full coverage $250 deductible. Stated value means that you set what it's worth and if (heaven forbid) there is a total loss, you settle on that amount not what the 'book' says. I am very happy that I checked into this, as I just saved myself a whole lot of money and even better.... now the plates are on year round and if I get an inch on a warm Indian summer day (like today.. it's going to be sunny and 70* and it's November 6th. In Upstate NY that is RARE) I can scratch it. So... if you also own a garage queen and have it insured as a 'normal' car, visit www.hagerty.com/

Old 01-31-2009, 11:18 AM

I'm paying $600.00 per year listed as "Pleasure Vehicle" and no limit on miles with Country Companies.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:01 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Re: Hagerty Special "Exotic Car" Insurance

On this subject; We think we should get some brand of specialty insurance since our '05 Roadster Limited has been garaged last few years (garage queen) w/very low annual mileage. We want an agreed upon value & there seem to be a variety of companies to look at.
Original owner, 88,000 miles, not perfect, (couple minor scuffs & 1 small ding) but very good to xlnt. cond. overall, inside & out.
I know this is subjective but need relatively narrow estimate of value (hi & lo). Original (no mods), sapphire blue, slate grey int., top replaced.

Will check Safeco, local agent has our house ins. Any comments welcome, will check back later & Thanks in advance!

Old 04-22-2019, 05:32 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I have had Hagerty on my Crossfire for 10 years now. You insure for the amount you want, within reason. I just lowered my value last year which made my premium even lower.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for reminding me that i need to call about my RX-7 and get a quote. maybe i'll do the crossfire as well as it's just a good weather car, i can't imagine the crossfire blue book is near what i want for it.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:31 PM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I have Hagerty for mine. I have highest coverage they offer and $20,000 replacement runs me $560 a year. I am approaching 10,000 miles. I will be lowering value as I get more miles. My policy does not have any restrictions on when or where I can drive. Some companies do have restrictions. For a limited with 88,000 miles I would think you would want 6,000 to 9,000 in replacement coverage.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:18 AM

I've had Haggerty for almost 20 years now. Currently I have the 2005 SRT6 Conv. valued at 20k, a 2001 Prowler valued at 35k and a 1968 Olds Cutlass Conv. valued at 15k.
My premium for all 3 is under $900.00 a year. Service is always been GREAT.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MLC2008
Unfortunately, not in Massachusetts. No agreed value coverage.
Car has to be 25 years old. State rules.
Bill T.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Re: Hagerty Special "Exotic Car" Insurance

Thank you all, very much, for your feedback, since our inquiry. We just learned that our agent for homeowners (w/Safeco) writes for Hagarty also. They gave us a quote for our Crossfire and we will likely meet w/them to work out the details.
We don't foresee a problem w/mileage and it will be nice to know that Geico would not be low balling us w/some inaccurate "blue book" number due to accident.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:12 PM

Geecko... What a joke.

Quick Reply: Hagerty Special "Exotic Car" Insurance