Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

2005 Crossfire Convertible

Old 06-08-2003, 04:32 AM
imported_mightyjlr
Default 2005 Crossfire Convertible

There is an article at edmunds.com about the Crossfire convertible.

Crossfire Convertible

What Edmunds.com Says: Taking the top off Chrysler's stunning new coupe should make for an equally gorgeous convertible.

What We Know: Although not officially confirmed for production yet, the likelihood of a convertible version of Chrysler's new coupe looks all but certain. The coupe is built by Karmann in a factory where the German supplier already builds convertible models for both Audi and Mercedes Benz so the transition to the production of a drop-top Crossfire shouldn't be much of a stretch. Although the coupe goes on sale this spring, we probably won't see the convertible version for at least another year or more.

Old 06-20-2003, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think a convertible is all but certain. The vehicle was actually designed as a convertible only to begin with, and as such, has some extra re-inforcement that brings the now hardtop rigidity to the level of a new porsche turbo. The hardtop has the soft top extra re-inforcement, and this was coming from the chrysler rep who paid us a visit today to tell us exactly what the car is all about.

If I can answer more questions for you guys, let me know, or drop me an email at williamthurston19@hotmail.com or call me at (916) 995-5702 and I'd be happy to answer some questions.

Old 06-24-2003, 12:06 AM
imported_mightyjlr

Here is another article about the Crossfire convertible:

http://info.detnews.com/autosinsider...ex.cfm?id=2333

Old 06-25-2003, 07:42 PM

It looks Great

Old 06-25-2003, 07:58 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Yes it does, and the real one I'm sure will look even better. Notice the two different roll-bars.... Whats up with that? They couldn't have used the same one?

Old 06-29-2003, 02:12 AM
imported_mightyjlr

Here is the picture:

Old 07-12-2003, 10:54 PM

Hopefully the convertible will be a removable hardtop or a automatic folding hardtop. Any ideas?

Old 07-17-2003, 03:56 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by Texas Gator
Hopefully the convertible will be a removable hardtop or a automatic folding hardtop. Any ideas?
I doubt it will be any sort of hardtop. I'm sure it will be a soft-top in order to save costs.

Old 07-17-2003, 07:41 PM

I wonder if the two rollbars are indeed different.....or if it is some form of distortion caused by the windshield???????

As to a convertible hardtop.....I do prefer hardtop convertibles BUT,the very shape of the roofline of the XF(almost a modern take on the 63-67 Corvette)precludes an easy answer to make it a Hardtop Convert...unless they take the 2002-05/6 T-Bird route and make the entire top removable.But that would be one heavy top!!!!!

InfernoRed

Old 07-17-2003, 07:49 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by InfernoRed
I wonder if the two rollbars are indeed different.....or if it is some form of distortion caused by the windshield???????

As to a convertible hardtop.....I do prefer hardtop convertibles BUT,the very shape of the roofline of the XF(almost a modern take on the 63-67 Corvette)precludes an easy answer to make it a Hardtop Convert...unless they take the 2002-05/6 T-Bird route and make the entire top removable.But that would be one heavy top!!!!!

InfernoRed
The image above is a computer edited image of a Crossfire, edited to make it look like a convertible. They basically took a photo of the Crossfire, and edited it in Photoshop to make it look like what a Crossfire convertible MIGHT look like. I hope whoever made it just messed up on the roll-bars. I am sure they just took the roll-bars from another convertible, and added them in. It isn't an official picture of the Crossfire Convertible. The convertible hasn't actually even been confirmed yet.

Old 08-05-2003, 04:27 AM

WOW - I hope they do a convertable with the steel folding top like the Mercedes. I currently drive a BMW Z3 (which i've had for nearly 3yrs)
so I am ready for a change. The Crossfire looks fantastic, I just hope they do a good job of setting up the franchise and are able to offer the level of service that BMW attain.

Old 10-22-2003, 08:45 PM

Hi everyone, just joined...I wanted to let you know there is a company in California that will make your Crossfire into a convertible for a mere $10,000. If anyone is interested I think I have the number somewhere. I took it just in case ten thousand fell into my lap one day!! [/i]

Old 11-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Forum Regular

I got to see the the real Crossfire Convertable in person last week. We had a huge corporate meeting and they had not only the convertable version there, but also the SRT6 (aka supercharged amg motor) version.

I wondered the same thing about the top though. Every picture, video, and car I've seen had the top down. If I had to guess, I'd say its going to be a soft top.

I had my camera with, but there were signs all over the place that said photographs were not allowed. Since it was a unique opportunity to just be there, I figured I just not mess that up.

Sorry guys =)

Old 11-21-2003, 09:39 AM
Forum Regular

Did the SRT look like the 2004, just different engine?

Old 11-21-2003, 12:24 PM
Forum Regular

Yes, with the exception of the UGLY spoiler. It wasn't hidden when closed. I am not sure if it went up over 57 or not. I hope they change that idea.

Seeing as it wasn't the production vehicle, I'm sure more cosmettic changes will take place. However, the wheels, interior, exterior remained the same. Under the hood the supercharger was hidden well. You could obviously see the pully up front though. With the hood open of course

Old 11-21-2003, 12:30 PM
Forum Regular

Anything on pricepoint of the SRT Coupe?

Old 11-21-2003, 02:59 PM
Forum Regular

Well I just spoke to one of the Tech Advisors. He was in Detroit a week ago. He spoke to some of the people on the development team. As much as they wanted to hold back information, he was leaked that it will be a retractable hard top. I don't believe him, but it would be cool if they can do it. Found this out at lunch.

As for pricing, I've heard many off the wall figures as well as comforting figures. I don't even want to waste anyones time with figures as of yet, as they are all rumors.

Soon as I get a better hold on pricing, I'll let you guys know.

Should hit US soil in June / July.

Old 12-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Default the car will not have a hard top

the car will have a soft top,with a hard electric toneau cover,pricing is not known yet,i will be able to order them soon

As for pricing, I've heard many off the wall figures as well as comforting figures. I don't even want to waste anyones time with figures as of yet, as they are all rumors.

Soon as I get a better hold on pricing, I'll let you guys know.

Should hit US soil in June / July.[/quote]

Old 12-14-2003, 04:51 PM

I put a picture of the convertible in my personal gallery that came from the major German auto magazine "Auto Motor und Sport".
Looks good, but loses the distinctive roofline of the coupe.
Looks a lot like the computer generated version in the earlier post.

Old 12-14-2003, 04:56 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Originally Posted by ZetX
I put a picture of the convertible in my personal gallery that came from the major German auto magazine "Auto Motor und Sport".
Looks good, but loses the distinctive roofline of the coupe.
Looks a lot like the computer generated version in the earlier post.
Wow, that looks nice, but is definitely computer generated. Look at the windshield. They didn't remove the dark line across the top that would have been the inside right roof. Still is very well done. I'll take that, with the SRT-6 engine a few years from now.

Quick Reply: 2005 Crossfire Convertible