Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Worse Car ever...cheap Merecedez

Old 04-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Worse Car ever...cheap Merecedez

Originally Posted by InfernoRedX88fire
Hey, I had a '87 Fiero GT which I put over 120,000 miles on. It was a great car. Just when they got it right they quit making them.

You're exactlhy right. The 87-88 Fiero 6cyl was an excellent car. I'ld love to find one retro-fitted with the Grand National motor.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Worse Car ever.......cheap Merecedez

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Wow.

And I drove the 370Z. I don't fit-it's made for midgets.
How tall are you? I'm 6' and I fit perfectly fine in the 370Z. I'd say I'm the max height to be comfortable in the Crossfire.

I have to sit low in the seat to keep my helmet from hitting the headliner when I'm at the track.

The Crossfire has a ton of positives. Head/leg room is NOT one of them.

*EDIT* Original poster is a tool shed.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by betico@me.com
2006, 15K miles...

The fu*&&^^&** car has crickets everywhere, Noises everywhere...the only thing that doesn't make a noise is the fu(*&^%%% Radio...It broke... Not working at all...

Just put your hand over the cheap plastic inside the cabin...really cheap plastic... specially the one behind the sits...on the rollover bars...that is the worst... to cheap...too many noises...

Nobody knows the car...I have taken it to every dealer in Miami...and they haven't found a simple problem with the check engine light...always on...thanks god is still under warranty...They have changed every single sensor and nothing...

What about the cheap clear coat...that is really bad...I'll send you pictures...

Doesn't hold the value at all...I paid for mine $20,000... still under warranty...I don't get an offer for even $14,000...just go to ebay...and you'll see how cheap they are...

Throttle when you stop the car ...bad...really bad... look in the threads for this problem..... You'll see...

Put the &&^^^*((* car in reverse...try to go back...you don't see anything... you're like driving blind...

What about the spare tire...Cup Holder...Radio...Real Subwoofers...etc...etc...etc...

Is this a sport...ride a nissan 350z... and you will see which one is a sport car...

Just one good thing... Looks beautiful...that is why I made my mistake...

I don't know guys why you love your crossfires so much...

Sorry guys...i'm so frustrated with it... I don't know how you handle this...

Albert...
I have Driven a 2004 350z, talk about junk! No power seats, more cheap plastic then a crossfire any day, Don't forget about the motor that eats a quart of oil a month! I was not impressed with that car at all! SRT6 vs 350z Not even a close call!

Old 04-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the only guys that seem to give my car dirty looks always seem to be driivng a 350Z. What's with those Guys?

Old 04-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
the only guys that seem to give my car dirty looks always seem to be driivng a 350Z. What's with those Guys?
Complete jealousy!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

leave it to Franc to keep this thread alive....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz350....q uiet, its asleep now.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZ nice thread...go to sleep now....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz350zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

Old 04-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Banned

1963 International Harvestor Scout ... America's first, and worst, SUV.

Combined (no pun) a bone-jarring ride with all the latest options: pneumatic wind-screen wipers and a South Wind gasoline-fired rear heater.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by dwightdmagee
1963 International Harvestor Scout ... America's first, and worst, SUV.

Combined (no pun) a bone-jarring ride with all the latest options: pneumatic wind-screen wipers and a South Wind gasoline-fired rear heater.
It sounds like a real pos, but nothing beats a car that will fry you alive. The winner's gotta be either Pinto or Fiero.

Oh, is this thread supposed to die? Oop's, sorry.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Rv Xfire08

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Oh, oh, oh..... I found something to complain about regarding my Crossfire.

It has this same annoying problem that seems to crop up on a regular basis and I just can't make it go away. Basically it's this: every 250 to 300 miles I have to stop and pump some fluid into this opening under a little flap on the passenger side quarter panel. It costs me $35 or more every time I do it and my big fear is that if I don't the car will just die on me. Heck, there's even this needle on the dashboard that keeps going lower and lower, but if I spend the money every so often (which I hate doing, partly because it just feels like I'm giving my money to some rich foreign country or something but maybe I'm just paranoid) the car does keep running. One time I thought I'd see what happened if I let the needle go really low and this light came on next to it and it scared the hell out of me. Golly, what happens if the car actually stops on its own? What would I do then? So, when the needle gets way down there, I stop and put this liquid in. It's really annoying. I have figured out that if I only drive the car once a week I can prevent this from happening so quickly, but if I drive to Palm Springs or Santa Barbara it will do a lot sooner. Figured that out all by myself too, because I'm pretty smart that way.

Are all cars like this, or is my Crossfire just a pile of crap? Or do I just have a little leak somewhere?

Wouldn't you think those Merecedez engine ears would have thought of this? What a bunch of jerks.
Thats pricelss Mike,loved it and lol so hard almost had to change my depends I have read all the post and still lol...

Last edited by Rv Xfire08; 04-26-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:23 PM

Mike, I know how to fix it....you are pushing too hard on the far right pedal...don't push so hard and the liquid will last longer...hope this helps,,,,good luck....LOL

Old 04-27-2009, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Mike, I know how to fix it....you are pushing too hard on the far right pedal...don't push so hard and the liquid will last longer...hope this helps,,,,good luck....LOL
No NO No! Making the liquid go away is good. Everyone must push harder on the pedal that is on the right hand side. Life is funner when the liquid goes away.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Forum Regular

I bought my XF for Grins per Minute, not Miles per Gallon.

At least the Crossfire keeps the blue smoke in the electronics.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:57 PM

I have had mine for four days. I made four passes on 129 ''The Dragon" and I can't can't begin to tell you how much I love this car !

Old 05-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Ive had mine for a week or so and cant stop driving it rain or shine. What an amazing car.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HELLBILLY
I have had mine for four days. I made four passes on 129 ''The Dragon" and I can't can't begin to tell you how much I love this car !
Welcome to the forum !

you lucky dog, You get to run The Dragon at will

Old 05-02-2009, 09:01 PM

I have been watching this thread, and now it is my turn. I own an '05 limited roadster , and an Infinit G35. I have had the roadster for a year, and put 14000 miles on it since purchase. It had 11000 on it when I bought it, and I paid 18k for it. I love my G35, but I drive the Crossfire daily, as it is more unique than the G, and it is a 6 speed manual, a convertible, and a conversation piece. It is more of a drivers car, Period! I have had zero issues with it. It does not rattle, it has the original Conti's on it, and lots of miles to go on those tires. The paint is perfect-no chips, and the fit and finish are flawless. I don't know if this is typical, but it is my experience, and it is great. I am sure that some cars do get passed QC with some issues that aren't apparent initially, but that is what a warranty is for. If you buy used, you need to spend a day or two driving the one you want. If a dealer won't accomodate you, then something is up, especially in these market times. This car is the best deal out there for a cool sports car that is rare and beautiful. Now, about the G35, it is an awesome piece of machinery as well, but mine is an automatic, and requires less driver input. It is not as stiff, and you get less feedback from the road, which is good when you just want to travel with the wife, and carry some extra baggage. The 350Z/G35 3.5 L V6 did have some issues with oil consumption in '04 and '05, mostly with the manual tranny models. They have replaced many engines under warranty. There is really no way you can discover if you are looking at one that has the issues with oil consumption. I was fortunate with mine, as I go 5000 miles between oil changes, and it uses little to none, and has 45k miles on it. The bottom line is to research the car you are interested in, find one you like, and drive it under many different road conditions. Find some bad roads and see if it rattles, handles wierd, or just feels like you want it to. Then take it to get it checked out by your mechanic. Look under the car and see if it has hit anything that might have bent some control surface that could adversely effect handling, and just look at the car from front to back, inside and out, to see if it looks like it was well cared for. Both of mine are immaculate, and look like brand new cars today, not one issue-well the headlights on the crossfire have some surface haze forming, but thats it. Buyer beware, and if you don't like something, DON'T BUY IT. I have had all sorts of vehicles, and those include some cheesy ones when I was broke, to 3 different corvettes, including a big block 67 roadster. I am a Camaro man at heart, and have had 8 different ones. The cars I have now are by far better engineered and fitted than any of my other american or foreign vehicles to date. I know what I know from my own experience, and as I have gotten older, I know MORE about everything. If you age, and don't gain knowledge, you either have some condition beyond your control, or you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. Having read all the disrespect being thrown around, I feel sorry for anyone who feels that they must trash something to feel better about themself. I cannot afford a Ferrarri, and I know they are awesome automobiles. That does not make the quality of a lesser automobile inferior. It is just different. I am not defined by my car, but I love quality in my automobiles, and everything else I purchase and use. This forum is to help each other with our particular car, The Crossfire. If you want to trash it, go somewhere else. There are plenty of idiots out there who will listen, and miss out on our fabulous motorcar. Just my 2 cents. STEVE

Old 05-03-2009, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by GDC-SRT
Welcome to the forum !

you lucky dog, You get to run The Dragon at will
Thanks for the welcome ! Yes, the Hill ''That's what we locals call it'' is a great place to ride or drive for that matter. I love to ride my bikes there as often as I can. Night runs are a favorite with us. Nevertheless, the Crossfire did very well up there, and I can't wait to do another night run with it again. I was told by a few not bother with getting a Crossfire for many reasons, ''It lacked in performance etc,etc''. This was coming from those that had never owned one or ever been behind the wheel. There are no records to broken, not be me anyway, and it's all about the thrill. And that's what I have, a great car to play with when I don't feel like riding.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're so sorry....Uncle Albert. Cause we don't really care much about what you say...Yes, we're soooo sorry, Uncle Albert... but whiny posts like yours are all so eaisly clicked away

Whatever dude..hope you find your perfect car but I doubt you ever will. You kinda sound like a glass half empty sort. As for me, sure I hear ya..it is a pain to back up; could use stuff like lumbar support, few more ponies and more gauges but it is what it is...beautiful. There are so few cars out there that draw attention like a crossfire. They're rare and catch the eye. My God, how many dime a dozen 350z or mustangs are there (no offense to anyone) this car has a big fun factor despite any limitations and you can bet in the years to come it will be highly sought after. I paid 18k last year for my 04 with 13k miles in imaculate shape. Yes, I paid to much but I dont care cause its the best looking car Ive ever had.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:47 PM

I love my Crossfire Coupe. People always look at it and I love to smile. Had it since Oct of 2008 and it has 3615 miles on it. I guess I better start driving it more. I look at it everyday in the garage and smile.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:48 PM

well, at least this thread changed to " how much I love my XF" so I quess it will live a while longer...

Quick Reply: Worse Car ever...cheap Merecedez