Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Worse Car ever...cheap Merecedez

Old 04-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worse Car ever...cheap Merecedez

2006, 15K miles...

The fu*&&^^&** car has crickets everywhere, Noises everywhere...the only thing that doesn't make a noise is the fu(*&^%%% Radio...It broke... Not working at all...

Just put your hand over the cheap plastic inside the cabin...really cheap plastic... specially the one behind the sits...on the rollover bars...that is the worst... to cheap...too many noises...

Nobody knows the car...I have taken it to every dealer in Miami...and they haven't found a simple problem with the check engine light...always on...thanks god is still under warranty...They have changed every single sensor and nothing...

What about the cheap clear coat...that is really bad...I'll send you pictures...

Doesn't hold the value at all...I paid for mine $20,000... still under warranty...I don't get an offer for even $14,000...just go to ebay...and you'll see how cheap they are...

Throttle when you stop the car ...bad...really bad... look in the threads for this problem..... You'll see...

Put the &&^^^*((* car in reverse...try to go back...you don't see anything... you're like driving blind...

What about the spare tire...Cup Holder...Radio...Real Subwoofers...etc...etc...etc...

Is this a sport...ride a nissan 350z... and you will see which one is a sport car...

Just one good thing... Looks beautiful...that is why I made my mistake...

I don't know guys why you love your crossfires so much...

Sorry guys...i'm so frustrated with it... I don't know how you handle this...

Albert...

Old 04-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Worse Car ever.......cheap Merecedez

I love mine cause I'm a car enthusiast. I love the fact that there is no cup holder cause I drive and only drive in my car. The stock radio did suck, I changed it. Happy with no "real" subwoofer cause i think in weight not decibels. About not being able to see as you back up, kind of a common problem in sports cars (I.E. ALL MID ENGINE COUPES) Finally in the hands of a enthusiast, you cant beat this car. I can improve my dis-likes such as performance but a Nissan 350 can never look as good as me.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by betico@me.com
2006, 15K miles...

The fu*&&^^&** car has crickets everywhere, Noises everywhere...the only thing that doesn't make a noise is the fu(*&^%%% Radio...It broke... Not working at all...

Just put your hand over the cheap plastic inside the cabin...really cheap plastic... specially the one behind the sits...on the rollover bars...that is the worst... to cheap...too many noises...

Nobody knows the car...I have taken it to every dealer in Miami...and they haven't found a simple problem with the check engine light...always on...thanks god is still under warranty...They have changed every single sensor and nothing...

What about the cheap clear coat...that is really bad...I'll send you pictures...

Doesn't hold the value at all...I paid for mine $20,000... still under warranty...I don't get an offer for even $14,000...just go to ebay...and you'll see how cheap they are...

Throttle when you stop the car ...bad...really bad... look in the threads for this problem..... You'll see...

Put the &&^^^*((* car in reverse...try to go back...you don't see anything... you're like driving blind...

What about the spare tire...Cup Holder...Radio...Real Subwoofers...etc...etc...etc...

Is this a sport...ride a nissan 350z... and you will see which one is a sport car...

Albert...
Why did you buy it? Or did you buy one? You sound like another guy that used to hang around starting crap. Your first post was negative and third post was insulting another forum member and now #four is bad mouthing the complete car.
Sorry, I'm having to raise the flag on ya..

In the words of the immortal Foghorn Leghorn " Go, I say, Go away boy ya bother me"

Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow.

I guess you got the bad one. These are known issues.

I read from this forum BEFORE I bought mine.

Research is priceless.

Sorry for your misfortunes.

And I drove the 370Z. I don't fit-it's made for midgets.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:55 AM

Well if you did buy one (which I highly doubt) you must be rich and terribly spoiled. Anyone who can spend 20k in any economy without first driving and researching must be rich or really foolish. We know you could not possibly be foolish so it must be rich and spoiled.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry dude, if you have one like this, it's out of the ordinary, because I have an 06 that's so far been 5K in miles and not one issue. The vast majority haven't had any issues either, and the overall reports on the reliability of this car is really high. I researched this car very well before I bought it, and hoped like hell it would be a good one, like every used car, or new one for that matter, I'd buy. Knew what I was getting into. The extended warranty gives me great piece of mind.

The values to me are great because I only paid 2/3 of what you paid because I researched until my head hurt what they were generally going for. The values of these cars will go up i'd guess rather dramatically in about 5-10 years because they're different.

Anyway, I'd advise you to bend over and take whatever a dealer says he'll give you for it and move on to the next car, because it's not worth driving or having something that drives you completely crazy. I did that with an Oldmobile once about 20 years ago. Lost my shirt but saved my sanity, or whatever was left of it.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:33 AM

Calm down Albert, I'll give ya $5k for it ...sight unseen!!

Last edited by Chris L.; 04-16-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Default Re: Worse Car ever.......

I'm sorry you are having problems. However, my first concern is WHO did you buy your car from and who was the previous owner? Sounds like it was trashed way before you got it. I've got an '05 and have put over 65,000 miles on mine. I still love it! A few of your complaints you could've figured out had you test driven it. What kind of car did you drive before? Just curious.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, if a car frustrated me that bad I would just sell it and take the loss lol.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will offer 10k

Old 04-16-2009, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by betico@me.com
2006, 15K miles...

Albert...
Can you use CHEAP AND MERECEDEZ in the same sentence

Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I LOVE my 06 roadster, I paid $26,500 brand new in march 07. I have about 18,000 miles on her with no issues. This is the most fun car I have ever owned. Yesterday I stopped at a convenience store, while getting my wallet in the parking lot w/top down some guy walks up and says "thats not fair"! I said "what?' He said "You have a convertible like that in this weather!" He just ogled the car for a minute or so, and asked the usual questions, what is it, please trade cars with me, etc. etc. I will agree, the car is nor perfect, no spare tire, the paint will chip easily, I am probably the only guy who likes the cup holder. Of course I never use it, but I like the response I get from from people when I show them this ridiculous contraption. I also love the fact this is such a rare car. I just love driving this thing, especially topless. I think this car delivers the most bang for the buck in the last 20 years in automotive history!!!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ACRucrazy
I will offer 10k
I see your 10k and raise you a thousand.

$11,000

Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM

Apparently so!

Legally? I'm not too sure...

Originally Posted by Hands
Can you use CHEAP AND MERECEDEZ in the same sentence

Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Forum Regular

I feel for you BUT.... After not having my car for over 8 weeks due to a very minor electrical problem (panic button inop) that is still not fixed, I drove the car home and had this amazing smile on my face and truly loved the experience of driving this car. Although it was only 36 degrees outside, I washed, clayed and waxed it, conditioned the leather seats and even polished and waxed my tail pipes and rims.

I had a hard time leaving the garage and did that "just one more look" as I turned off the lights. My wife feels the same way about her Mercedes. I was recently having a B service and a windshield replaced on her Mercedes and the service manager was making small talk and asked me what I drove. When I told him a Crossfire, he said those are great Mercedes. I laughed and said yes they are. When I was paying my bill, he came up to me and told me when my warranty was up to bring it in for service and gave me a Benz sticker for my Crossfire's windshield to match the one on my wife's car. I put it on with pride today. So once again, I understand your having difficulty finding someone to work on difficult/odd problems but even with all that to drive a Crossfire is a true pleasure.

Perhaps you should make a list of problems and bring the car to be fixed under warranty before it runs out. Most Chrysler dealers can handle 98% of the issues with this car for all others problems take it to a Mercedes dealer or independent. If it does not give you a smile, fix it and pass it onto someone who will enjoy it.

PS I bring my car back on Monday for another round of trying to fix the panic button.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Forum Regular

Sorry you're the one that got the LEMON. As far as values go almost all vehicle values are down now especially for cars like these. The everyday cars ie. Accords and Camrys are holding strong but these toys are not because they're toys and expendable during these times. When I returned my XF and got a 1 year old Boxster (3,900 miles) I saved a good bit on the original owners cost like many of you did. Now the values are even lower. Have they dropped as much as XF values from new, probably not but not much less. All the Boxster owners and Cayman owners are pissin and moaning about the values of they're cars too. Its industry wide.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:47 AM

I agree with mrphotoman!!! Life is what you make it...I see lots of sour faces in your future if you don't make some lemonade and fast!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossfire Kelly
I agree with mrphotoman!!! Life is what you make it...I see lots of sour faces in your future if you don't make some lemonade and fast!
It sounds like he just bought a car that had a rough life. I would say the previous owner beat it to death and then sold it once it started having issues. Unfortunately there are many cars no matter what the brand that are treated like that.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:05 AM

Wahhh Wahhh . . . . . Ive replaced my powersteering pump and crankshaft position sensor and refinished the headlight lenses all out of warranty. and the radio is junk! . . . . . But I still love this car!!!
Show me another sports car that can cruise at 95 for hours, yet feels like 60 and still get decent gas mileage..... I gaurantee you will cringe as I fly by you in your common everyday 350Z/Stang..... cause you will be going slow to save gas.....BTW I have over 80k on mine. Drive 100 miles a day and dont care about the resale cause I plan on getting the most smiles per mile..... not trade in values.....

Old 04-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like your car sucks, not ours. I love mine. Other than the confounded cupholder from he!! I have no complaints, or I wouldn't have bought it. I also researched the car extensively for known issues and value. I got the car I wanted with the colors, accessories and price I wanted. Nobody twisted my niblets and forced me to buy it. I hope you don't pick your women like you picked your car, looks aren't everything

Quick Reply: Worse Car ever...cheap Merecedez