Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Oyster Gold Roadster - South County CDJ

Old 05-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts
Default Oyster Gold Roadster - South County CDJ

Stopped at South County CDJ in St. Louis this morning on my way back from KCMO. Wanted to look at an 08 XFire Roadster, Oyster Gold, he had listed in his inventory. Car was really good looking! Had the 2-tone interior (charcoal & white, with a charcoal wheel - not white wheel!). Car also had a tag hanging from rear view mirror saying it was sold. Hope someone from this forum bought the car.

My search continues!

Old 05-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oyster Gold Roadster - South County CDJ

The Oyster Gold with the charcoal/vanilla interior is impossible to find. I promised my wife a toy as her graduation present and she was looking at the car on Saturday evening but it was sold by the next Tuesday when she decided that it was the one she really wanted. They had an internet buyer put a downpayment on the car and it was scheduled for pickup the end of the month. As a result, I think we found the only one left in Virginia, (without the nav system which we don't need) so I ended up taking it in the shorts and buying that one and we are having it shipped this week. She better be happy!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Stopped at South County CDJ in St. Louis this morning on my way back from KCMO. Wanted to look at an 08 XFire Roadster, Oyster Gold, he had listed in his inventory. Car was really good looking! Had the 2-tone interior (charcoal & white, with a charcoal wheel - not white wheel!). Car also had a tag hanging from rear view mirror saying it was sold. Hope someone from this forum bought the car.

My search continues!
Charcoal wheel? Best idea I have heard of. The "white" wheel soon looks pretty ratty.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts

My search continues!
As far as I know, no one in the St Louis Gateway group.

BTW Dennis, where do you get off coming through my town and not sayin' HI ? Had I known, I would have taken a bath and everything.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-29-2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sonza
The Oyster Gold with the charcoal/vanilla interior is impossible to find. I promised my wife a toy as her graduation present and she was looking at the car on Saturday evening but it was sold by the next Tuesday when she decided that it was the one she really wanted. They had an internet buyer put a downpayment on the car and it was scheduled for pickup the end of the month. As a result, I think we found the only one left in Virginia, (without the nav system which we don't need) so I ended up taking it in the shorts and buying that one and we are having it shipped this week. She better be happy!
Bring it and her next week end to the Gateway Group GTG. We don't have a gold one.
And if on the really rare off chance she is unhappy with it, we can help you explain it to her. At the winery of course.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-29-2009, 11:44 PM

Well, I called the transport company today since I had not yet been informed about a pickup date. They have some lame excuse about not looking for a driver until this past wednesday since the dealer would not have been ready for pickup until then, regardless of when I placed the order. They say they are having a difficult time finding a driver, as a result, it is still sitting in Virginia, and no I would not recommend them to anyone. (They didn't have a problem getting my credit card charged for the down payment!) Let me know where and when the Gateway group meets, and we will be sure to see you sometime (once it gets here ofcourse)

Old 05-30-2009, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sonza
Well, I called the transport company today since I had not yet been informed about a pickup date. They have some lame excuse about not looking for a driver until this past wednesday since the dealer would not have been ready for pickup until then, regardless of when I placed the order. They say they are having a difficult time finding a driver, as a result, it is still sitting in Virginia, and no I would not recommend them to anyone. (They didn't have a problem getting my credit card charged for the down payment!) Let me know where and when the Gateway group meets, and we will be sure to see you sometime (once it gets here ofcourse)
Try here.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post373633

Plans are for this next week end. Saturday, June 6.
But don't let the car hold you back. We have done meets without our Crossfires. Last winter, eagle days in the snow to Clarksville MO.
Come meet the group in anything that is legal on the highway.

Great bunch of folks.
I promise a good time.
I guarranttee we would like to meet you and yours.

franc

Old 05-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
As far as I know, no one in the St Louis Gateway group.

BTW Dennis, where do you get off coming through my town and not sayin' HI ? Had I known, I would have taken a bath and everything.

roadster with a stick
Sorry for not letting the Gateway Group know I was coming thru town. Yeah, Right!

Both Roberta & I are originally from the better half of the state (KCMO). Had my father pass away in early FEB and have been dealing with his affairs since. Probably will come thru St. Louis again this coming weekend as I'm planning another trip. Might even be bringing a XFire Roadster back with me.

Hope you guys have a great time on the 6th.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:44 PM

Sorry for not letting the Gateway Group know I was coming thru town. Yeah, Right!

Both Roberta & I are originally from the better half of the state (KCMO). Had my father pass away in early FEB and have been dealing with his affairs since. Probably will come thru St. Louis again this coming weekend as I'm planning another trip. Might even be bringing a XFire Roadster back with me.

Hope you guys have a great time on the 6th.
It's a long drive from KC to South Carolina. But,
You will drive right past my Company and likely my house.
Give us a ring and Cathy and I will buy you Breakfaxt , lunch or dinner in Wentzville. Junction of I64 and I 70 exit 210 in MO.

Our condolences on your loss.
franc