Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

''Dude, that car is a flop'' !

Old 05-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ''Dude, that car is a flop'' !

Said the guy behind the parts counter today as I was picking up parts for my customers bikes. ''Flop or not, I have lusted over them from the first time I saw one'' I said. But it's not so mainstream anymore now you know''? PERFECT ! When was I ever known to be ''mainstream'' I asked. I have only had my black six speed vert for a few short weeks and I love the car and I like the fact that not everyone wants one. I can go from one end of my town of Maryville Tn and back and not see another Crossfire and I like that fact. When I drive over to the Hill (129 "The Dragon") It is the only one there most of the time. Yep, what some would call a flop, I would have to call ''MINE'' and I like it that way and I'm sure you all would agree. It's been a great day !!!!!!

Last edited by HELLBILLY; 05-30-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:21 AM
Default Re: ''Dude, that car is a flop'' !

Originally Posted by HELLBILLY
Said the guy behind the parts counter today as I was picking up parts for my customers bikes. ''Flop or not, I have lusted over them from the first time I saw one'' I said. But it's not so mainstream anymore now you know''? PERFECT ! When was I ever known to be ''mainstream'' I asked. I have only had my black six speed vert for a few short weeks and I love the car and I like the fact that not everyone wants one. I can go from one end of my town of Maryville Tn and back and not see another Crossfire and I like that fact. When I drive over to the Hill (129 "The Dragon") It is the only one there most of the time. Yep, what some would call a flop, I would have to call ''MINE'' and I like it that way and I'm sure you all would agree. It's been a great day !!!!!!
Dude, that's bullshit because you'll see me! haha, I live in Alcoa. Graphite limited coupe.

I do think I've seen you before, and you are right, there are very few of them here.

It's cool to see another person from the area on here, I've left notes on other xfire windshields with this web address on it, though I'm not sure if anyone has come here afterwards.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:21 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I could not agree with you more.....

Old 05-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said! Let the 'stangers and everybody else walk into a parking lot and have trouble finding their cars since there are so many out there. I enjoy having a unique vehicle that turns heads wherever I go.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

no, I always get "what is it" more than it was a "failed" enterprise....flop....what'd he know, he prolly gave you the wrong parts...LOL

Old 05-31-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
no, I always get "what is it" more than it was a "failed" enterprise....flop....what'd he know, he prolly gave you the wrong parts...LOL
He likes them just as much, but he is one of those that ''worry about what everyone else thinks'' kind of peeps. I don't. It's a very sad way to live when one has that kind of hang up. Live your life by your rules and do what makes you happy, and if the Devil himself drove into town, he would be in a Crossfire.

Last edited by HELLBILLY; 05-31-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:12 PM

They're beautiful cars. Even my ex said he followed one around in San Francisco to see what it was (he's a paramedic there). Went to a Chrysler dealer for a new key & the salesman said someone else was looking for an XF, but that "no one likes to turn them in". He also mentioned the pathetic marketing job Chrysler did for them.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Received 510 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by OKC-XFR
Well said! Let the 'stangers and everybody else walk into a parking lot and have trouble finding their cars since there are so many out there. I enjoy having a unique vehicle that turns heads wherever I go.
Agreed! i cna't tell you the number of times I walked up to the wrong green minivan. Once I even got in and found my key didn't work. The actual owner came up and was not amused.

Never, ever happens in my Crossfire. Ususally, I just walk to where everyone else is looking.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"It's cool to see another person from the area on here, I've left notes on other xfire windshields with this web address on it, though I'm not sure if anyone has come here afterwards."

I've done that too, with unknown results

Old 05-31-2009, 04:03 PM

I am just tickled that one of these things flopped my way.

At a very nice discount I might add.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by GDC-SRT
I am just tickled that one of these things flopped my way.

At a very nice discount I might add.
LOL ! That's what was great !

Old 06-06-2009, 10:39 AM

I just can't get over the increadable customer service you received.
Someone needs to reach over the counter and show him just how
well he can flop onto the floor. Damn, did I go and show my angry
side again? Really I am working on it.
Must tell self it's only an opinion, only an opinion it's...
Mike

Old 06-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Forum Regular

If popularity is the best way to judge the merits of a car, then the Toyota Corolla is the greatest car ever made.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by radmanly
If popularity is the best way to judge the merits of a car, then the Toyota Corolla is the greatest car ever made.
Good point ! I've never been into fads or when something has become one. Like ''Vampires'' have lately. It's perfect qualities enjoyed be the few are diminshed by mass acceptance. That's why I have never cared much for anything that's mainstream. This is the perfect car for me.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:06 PM

In the half-year I have had my XF, I've put in over 8K miles on it (NOTHING is close by in TX), and I hav enever had anything bad or demeaning said about it. I DO though, run across people who will approach me at the gas station, stores, etc., talking about the car, asking about the ride, that it's a beautiful-looking car.

I even had a guy ask me at a gas station how much he wanted one, but his wife was insistent on the car that he was driving - it was a MB, 2-seater. I didn't have the heart to tell him that my car was pretty much the same thing (but in a more unique package)

Old 06-08-2009, 09:49 AM

Look for us visiting the in-laws in Alcoa on the weekends .

Up until we received news of our 1st child due in Sept. we've had nothing but compliments on our roadster.

Now everyone wants to know where the babys is going to ride. My smarta$$ side kicks in and says... why he'll ride beauty queen right here between the roll bars. We've just got to work on his waving skills.

Everyone seems to forget about the two 4-door vehicles we have in the driveway.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 AM

He likes them just as much, but he is one of those that ''worry about what everyone else thinks'' kind of peeps. I don't. It's a very sad way to live when one has that kind of hang up. Live your life by your rules and do what makes you happy, and if the Devil himself drove into town, he would be in a Crossfire.
Haha, I've laughed at so many people who say they think the car is ugly, and responded with, "well thank God it's not your car".

I had an incident yesterday. I was at PepBoys (picking up a claybar kit ) and walked out of the store rigth behind this guy and his girlfriend (both mid-20s at the oldest). He starts to get into his mazdaspeed3 and I start to get into mine. He made some comment about how fake the car is and how they don't make it anymore...blah blah blah. I said, 'so is that your family wagon or your attempt at driving a sports car'

he was not happy about that. he started cursing. then i looked at his girlfriend and asked her if she wanted to go for a ride in a real car. she laughed, he started fuming.

i drove off. got on highway, he tried to keep up...fail.

i'l take my fake car anyday of the week, and yes that is a Chrysler badge you see as it spits dust in your face. I win.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by radmanly
LMFAO! Well said. I chose the Crossfire over the 350z for the same reason a Viper is more special than a Corvette. May not be the fastest car around, but it is the least common.

When I go to buy a car, I leave the lot and spend a day or two driving around to see how many of that model I come across between home and the lot. If I see too many, I walk away. See too few, and it just encourages me to buy.

I get a laugh that the SSR is on the flop list too. Thats the ONLY GM car I actually like....and I can't stand GM or Ford...

Old 07-29-2009, 02:17 AM
Forum Regular

lol... at my local autozone, the manager tells me that none of the parts in the store will work on my car... So im thinking.. uhh i just wanted some wax and terry towels... and then he says, cause all the crap here isnt good enough for your car... gotta love the respect!!!

Woot Xfires.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by OKC-XFR
You can say that again... I believe I have the only Roadster in the county - I have seen a black Coupe, but can't be sure it's registered in this county - only saw it once, anyway.

A flop? All I know is that ANYWHERE I go with my top down, I get constant comments - mostly women!

And with the top up, I STILL get comments and looks - but more from men.

Not sure why the difference - but the car is no flop. Anyway, EVERY car on the road has its' "anti-fans", no big deal.

Coupe drivers give me the same story - people always want to know "WHAT the HELL kind of Chrysler is that?" and owners feel stared at all the time.

Quick Reply: ''Dude, that car is a flop'' !