Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Beautiful

Old 01-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Beautiful

Originally Posted by Mushtalakin
Was going to Orlando in 2 weeks but just cancelled. I can get frozen orange juice right here.
Baby fast asleep in the garage, ssssshhhhhhhh.
about -8 outside
It will be 80 in two weeks

Old 01-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Received 368 Likes on 325 Posts

that a prediction ??? or a promise?

Old 01-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Things are looking UP here in Kansas City, the previous predictions of -16 to -18F have been revised for the weekend.....now saying only -8F. Still snowing....2 weeks .....

Old 01-08-2010, 07:38 PM

Hey,

Its been -15 to -22 degrees C here in Glasgow, Scotland and a soooooo wanna put the hood down...
Every oportunity a get a put it down even if cold (as long as the sun is out)

Old 01-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Still too cold to go out and install the valve body.
Gonna wait till it warms up to at least 60. Then I'll put on a light jacket and go out into the elements.

Damn I'm brave!

Old 01-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Another foggy day over here. Saw a Porsche Carrera with top down yesterday. Made me miss my XF...

I traded in my beaten up, flat-tired Nissan Sentra rental for a Kia Rondo mini-minivan rental. Now I REALLY miss my car. How unglamorous.

Stay warm out there!

Old 01-11-2010, 04:38 PM

I don't know how long it will last but it was 76 degrees at the Beach yesterday. Lst weekend I drove two hours to the snow in Big Bear, went snow tubing and then drove two hours back to the beach and walked the pier at 3:00 in the afternoon at 73 degrees. I'm not trying to rub it in, only appreciating what we have right now. I'm actually originally from St.Louis so I know what I am missing.
Those of you driving in the snow and ice, please be carefull !!!!

Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Forum Regular

Well I'm in Central Florida. It will be 28 degrees again tonight. Hope it warms up soon.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Well we got down below -30 (-43 windchill) but supposedly it's gonna be 30 by this weekend. Nothing like a 60* spread in a week. LOL Anyone got me beat?

Old 01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldwing
CA = huge fires, mud slides, earthquakes
FL = under water in 20 years; hurricanes
AZ = no water

MI = Six short months of winter. So what if it is below freezing and we have to shovel snow every other night. It melts by May. That's why my other car is an Audi quattro!!
Uh-huh.

I lived in Michigan for 30 years and I've been here in SoCal for 20. In that time I've experience just a couple of quakes that shook the house in a somewhat scary way - less frequently than I experienced close calls with tornadoes in Michigan, certainly less frequently than I experienced blackouts due to extreme thunderstorms there as well. Our fires and mudslides are generally very easy to avoid simply by choosing your neighborhood carefully. Plenty of communities in California will never be threatened by either. On the other hand, cold and snow blanket the entire state of Michigan on a routine basis - there is no escape while at home.

So when the difference between summer and winter means....

A) in Michigan you store the car for 6 months in winter and drive it when it isn't raining in the summer, and hope the humidity isn't too terrible while doing so
B) in California we just switch from SPF 30 sunblock in summer to a lighter SPF 15 sunblock from November to February.

.... then I'll gladly take the quakes, fires and mudslides. And the Pacific Ocean, beaches with bikini clad girls in February, local mountains with their twisty roads and snow capped peaks in winter, and a selection of sunscreens for year round top down driving.

And now I'm outta here.... before you all start throwing stuff at me!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:26 PM

SSSHHHH! I'ts crowded enough. We have bad earthquakes, traffic, floods, fires pestalence etc. It is real bad out here !!!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcompart
Well we got down below -30 (-43 windchill) but supposedly it's gonna be 30 by this weekend. Nothing like a 60* spread in a week. LOL Anyone got me beat?
Yep. -15 last week and 55 today. If my math is right, that would be a 70 degree turn around.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange

.... then I'll gladly take the quakes, fires and mudslides. And the Pacific Ocean, beaches with bikini clad girls in February, local mountains with their twisty roads and snow capped peaks in winter, and a selection of sunscreens for year round top down driving.
The high taxes, political climate, and outrageous cost of living there is simply too much for me to even think of moving out there. I guess you gotta have nice weather to put up with all that.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:02 PM

When you talk about the 70 degree swings in temp., it brought back another memory. When all of that snow and ice melts you have all of the mud and muck, I remember when the temp finally got above freezing and the sun came out - the top went down !!!!! Another flashback to the old days was driving a car that you could see the street through the floor because street salt had eated the floor away. The cars ran great, just no floor or muffler. Those were the days !!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
When you talk about the 70 degree swings in temp., it brought back another memory. When all of that snow and ice melts you have all of the mud and muck, I remember when the temp finally got above freezing and the sun came out - the top went down !!!!! Another flashback to the old days was driving a car that you could see the street through the floor because street salt had eated the floor away. The cars ran great, just no floor or muffler. Those were the days !!!!
I'm just hoping the warm weather this week will break the ice dam that is in front of my driveway! I am hoping to do some top-down driving this weekend (more 50+ degree weather).

Old 01-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by itsky
Yep. -15 last week and 55 today. If my math is right, that would be a 70 degree turn around.
I'm talking about the -30 part. LOL I don't want to hear about your 55* weather. hehe

Old 01-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Mike-in-Orange, I'll just pick up some Pacific beachfront property in Nevada to go with my Lake Michigan beachfront. But you do have us beat on bikini clad babes. The mid-western girls pack it on to stay warm. :-)

Old 01-12-2010, 10:47 PM

The fog turned into drizzly rain. The rental minivan does not like wet streets.

Went by the bodyshop to hand over the check for Accident#2 & almost went to see my car in it's torn apart state, but I decided against it. Not only do they have to remove the convertible top, they have to remove the whole convertible top frame & the panels that open & close to store it. Ka-ching!! Then more damage found (small dents) from the rear-ender& extra cost approved over the p h one. Adjustor coming to look at the car tomorrow to get addtl expense for Accident #1 approved, THEN they'll start working on it in earnest.

At least today was NOT a top down day. I'd be extra mad if it was sunny & I missed a month of nice weather.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:02 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Today I had to walk the 2.5 miles home from work - just beautiful out - 75* - small puffy clouds - fantastic sunset. Started up the hill towards the house and had to turn around and enjoy the ocean view and admire the Anacapa and Santa Cruz Islands. It's nice to live in Paradise.. no matter the cost..

I even tried to remember the last time I put on a jacket...been years..

My SRT6 is in the shop for a new seat heater before the warranty expires next month - I don't know why - I never use it.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:58 AM

Okay, who put the JINX on us??? It is cool and rainy today. everyone know it hardly ever rains is Southern California. Oh Well, more snow in the mountains!

Quick Reply: Beautiful