Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Wind Screen - ADAMESH purchase breakdown

Old 03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Screen - ADAMESH purchase breakdown

Ok after 2+ years I took the plunge for the mesh wind screen, I already have the OEM Chrysler plexi screen but the wind thru the headrests drives me crazy. Had a mesh screen on my 97 Audi Cabriolet - hope this 1 is as effective at keeping the wind out, but then again with the Audi when the screen was in my wife liked driving it - HUMMMMM????

So far I am BLOWN away by the folks at Adamesh, here is the break down of my order today; , might even get it for this weekend!
10.38am - sent order in thru PayPal
10:47am - confirmation from Paypay that the order was sent
10:48am - Confirmation from Adamesh
10:58am - Order Status from Adamesh
11:09am - I emailed them in refer to a forum discount
11:19am - Confirmation from Paypal - rec'd refund
11:20am - Order status from Adamesh - updated!

Here is the breakdown I got from ADAMESH:
10:58am
Dear Montgomery,
Thank you for choosing Adamesh Limited. We want to let you know that your
order has been received and will be processed as soon as possible.
Your Order Number is: xxxx/xxxxxx/xx
Your Order Details...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: Wind Deflector For Chrysler Crossfire
Item Price: USD 269.64
Qty: 1
Delivery: USD 74.90
Total: USD 344.54
Sub Total: USD 229.48
Tax @ 17.5%: USD 0.00
Delivery(USA & Rest of World): USD 74.90
Total: USD 304.38
If you have any questions about your order, send an email to
enquiries@adamesh.co.uk
or simply reply to this message.
Thank you and visit us again soon at:
http://www.adamesh.co.uk

11:20am
Dear Montgomery,
We want to let you know that your order xxxx/xxxxxx/xx status has been updated to...
REFUNDED
I have made a refund of $40 to your PayPal account as you are a forum member. (26.85 in pounds) Your parcel shall be dispatched tomorrow via FedEx and you can expect to see it within 2-3days.
If you have any questions about your order, send an email to enquiries@adamesh.co.uk or simply reply to this message.

Description
Unit price
Qty
Amount
Purchase from Adamesh
£203.19 GBP
£203.19 GBP

Total:
£203.19 GBP

Adamesh just sent you a partial refund of £26.85 GBP for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Adamesh.
Total:
£176.34GBP

Old 03-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Wind Screen - ADAMESH purchase breakdown

I currently have the windrestrictor, and I too get wind buffeting around the seat head rests. Please keep us posted once you recieve it. I have thought about going that route myself.

Last edited by bmorgan; 03-24-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you'll find the mesh screen just as effective as the Audi's. I know I really like mine.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MAKIII
Ok after 2+ years I took the plunge for the mesh wind screen, I already have the OEM Chrysler plexi screen but the wind thru the headrests drives me crazy. Had a mesh screen on my 97 Audi Cabriolet - hope this 1 is as effective at keeping the wind out, but then again with the Audi when the screen was in my wife liked driving it - HUMMMMM????

So far I am BLOWN away by the folks at Adamesh, here is the break down of my order today; , might even get it for this weekend!
10.38am - sent order in thru PayPal
10:47am - confirmation from Paypay that the order was sent
10:48am - Confirmation from Adamesh
10:58am - Order Status from Adamesh
11:09am - I emailed them in refer to a forum discount
11:19am - Confirmation from Paypal - rec'd refund
11:20am - Order status from Adamesh - updated!

Here is the breakdown I got from ADAMESH:
10:58am
Dear Montgomery,
Thank you for choosing Adamesh Limited. We want to let you know that your
order has been received and will be processed as soon as possible.
Your Order Number is: xxxx/xxxxxx/xx
Your Order Details...

Description: Wind Deflector For Chrysler Crossfire
Item Price: USD 269.64
Qty: 1
Delivery: USD 74.90
Total: USD 344.54
Sub Total: USD 229.48
Tax @ 17.5%: USD 0.00
Delivery(USA & Rest of World): USD 74.90
Total: USD 304.38
If you have any questions about your order, send an email to
enquiries@adamesh.co.uk
or simply reply to this message.
Thank you and visit us again soon at:
http://www.adamesh.co.uk

11:20am
Dear Montgomery,
We want to let you know that your order xxxx/xxxxxx/xx status has been updated to...
REFUNDED
I have made a refund of $40 to your PayPal account as you are a forum member. (26.85 in pounds) Your parcel shall be dispatched tomorrow via FedEx and you can expect to see it within 2-3days.
If you have any questions about your order, send an email to enquiries@adamesh.co.uk or simply reply to this message.

Description

Unit price
Qty
Amount

Purchase from Adamesh

£203.19 GBP
£203.19 GBP

Total:
£203.19 GBP

Adamesh just sent you a partial refund of £26.85 GBP for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Adamesh.

Total:
£176.34GBP

I've not had quite as good an experience. I ordered mine yesterday from Adamesh and have yet to hear anything from them concerning this order.
The money has been taken from my account, but no word from anyone.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:18 PM

I got mine in 4 days.
Total cost $270.14

Old 03-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Thumbs up Re: Wind Screen - ADAMESH purchase breakdown

I ordered from Adamesh during the Christmas season and had quite a lot of interaction with them. Had a little trouble figuring how to order and how to fill out the personal data. I didn't want to use PayPal, tried to use a check and finally was able to use a Credit Card. Think I had 4 different order confirmation numbers before I finally succeeded with a genuine order placed. Final delay was with the bank on their end not notifying Adamesh that I had made a valid payment. HOWEVER - in all of the back and forth communications Geoff Adams at Adamesh was always helpful and responded to me in a reasonable time frame - at the worst I was answered by the next day. (Since it was December I wasn't planning any top down time for a few months !) Geoff looked into the problem and resolved it!! I would have no hesitation dealing with them again. The mesh screen is installed (real easy job) and the few times I've driven it since installation have shown a definite improvement in wind control.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Forum Regular

Now I have to eat crow. Ordered my mesh windscreen the evening of March 24th, although I never received any type of e-mail confirmations like MAKIII did. I just got home from work and my windscreen was waiting on my front porch, checkd my e-mail and have already received my refund. My total cost for this was $269.92.
Does anybody want to buy my windrestricor windscreen?

Old 03-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Forum Regular

Just like snowtop57 - Fedex guy came around noon today with the windscreen, unbelievable - ordered on the 24th; shipped on the 25th and here today.

Well it is a grey; windy; chilly (43 degrees)totally overcast day here in the Shenandoah Valley but had to try this thing out - so after the 2 minutes it takes to put on - drop the top and off I go. Over the mountain towards Charlottesville, VA - it got colder 39. Heat on and butt warmers fired up.
and I hate to admit - the windows were up - ouch - be kind, it's cold
Here my take on this windscreen:
  • 1st - it works better than the OEM plexi unit from Chrysler, a ton better - no but better.
  • Does it work as well as the 1 on my 97 Audi - absolutely not - in the Audi almost regardless of speed you hardly felt the air at all, it was almost like the top was still up.
  • Speeds under 70 - works well - not much air is hitting the back of your head
  • Speeds over 70 (but under 100) you feel the air, but not as much as the OEM plexi screen.
  • With the top up and the screen still in you loose a small piece of visiblity at the top of the windscreen; and the view out the back appears to be darker, could be I need to readjust the seat, but since the visiblity is not so hot anyway - I couldn't care.
  • With the screen in - the seats still go ALL the way back - so you DO NOT loose any space, thank goodness,
Overall - I would say that I am pleased with the screens performance - over joyed - not really - but it looks cooler.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHATS YOUR WINDSCREEN LOOK LIKE....

Old 03-27-2010, 07:16 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RIOT
WHATS YOUR WINDSCREEN LOOK LIKE....
Scroll above and look at the photo in my signature

Old 04-01-2010, 01:19 AM

Not bad, although I personally enjoy my Windblox deflector a lot more than the other mesh windscreens I have owned and used it to solve my wind buffeting problems. They basically serve the exact same function as a mesh that runs all the way across the back of the headrests, but it's all lexan so it blocks the wind a bit better. That, and they are about $130 cheaper. Just me, but between using mesh and lexan, I've found the latter to be better. Congrats on your new purchases, though!

Old 04-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased my Adamesh yesterday, and other than getting the order confirmation email I've heard nothing. I did try to email them to request the $40 forum credit, and the email bounced back, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Based on the positive reviews I'm looking forward to receiving it!

Old 04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blast Chamber
I purchased my Adamesh yesterday, and other than getting the order confirmation email I've heard nothing. I did try to email them to request the $40 forum credit, and the email bounced back, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Based on the positive reviews I'm looking forward to receiving it!
You will probably get notification from PayPal of funds added to your account before you receive the windscreen. I received my email notification on my iPhone of the funds added to my PayPal account. When I got home from work that afternoon my windscreen was waiting on my porch.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Ordered from Adamesh on March 29 and and received and installed today April 1. Took about 2 minutes. Great stuff and Geoff helped me out with Canadian dollar conversion.
311.43 Cad$$

Just do it!!

Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 PM

So now I am confused,

B directed me to the wind restrictor; however he is having second thoughts.

The Nissan 350 Z I drove had a plexiglass restrictor between the 2 seats where the wind restrictor goes.

I tested it at 9:30 in the morning, 2 C, sun shining for 1 1/2 hours in town, on the highway at 120 km and only wore a thin turtleneck and light sweater and never once felt a breeze and was always warm.
I want to order something for my Crossfire to get that same effect, so my question is what is different with what the Nissan 350Z used?

Confused ............... Moonbeamromance

Old 04-15-2010, 10:21 AM

Just an update. I ordered from Adamesh on March 31st, and then heard nothing for several days. I emailed Geoff on April 3rd, and he responded the following day that my Wind Deflector would be shipping in a few days, and that they had been waiting for more to come in stock. As of yesterday afternoon I had heard nothing further, so I emailed Geoff again asking for an update but have not yet received any reply.

Based upon the great customer service that other members have received from Adamesh, I'm surprised that I'm being ignored like this. Just thought I'd share this in case others are planning to order a Wind Deflector; your expectations for a quick shipment may not be met.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:37 AM

When I dealt with Adamesh, Geoff explained that they get them in bunches and most seem to be already spoken for, so maybe a delay.
Happened to order mine at the right time I guess and was pleasantly surprised at the speed of delivery. Why no answer to email ,is puzzling.

Stick with it, really love mine.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:43 AM

Thanks Mushtalakin. I think you're right about them rationing what they receive. I had the top down yesterday and got buffeted by the wind pretty badly, so it made me realize I had not heard anything for quite some time. I don't mind waiting, but it's the lack of updates that I don't care for.

I see you're from Quebec. I've been to Quebec City several times on business, and am supposed to head back up there again next month. That's a beautiful area with some great scenic drives along the St. Lawrence.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by snowtop57
Now I have to eat crow. Ordered my mesh windscreen the evening of March 24th, although I never received any type of e-mail confirmations like MAKIII did. I just got home from work and my windscreen was waiting on my front porch, checkd my e-mail and have already received my refund. My total cost for this was $269.92.
Does anybody want to buy my windrestricor windscreen?

What style do you have and what is the price??

Old 04-15-2010, 02:50 PM

Agreed it is a great drive. Now all we need is a little warmth to go along with the sun.
Still hockey season. Hang in there for your windscreen , really is worth it.

Quick Reply: Wind Screen - ADAMESH purchase breakdown