Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Fifteen New Tops Found!!!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fifteen New Tops Found!!!

I have great news. I know that we have all talked about the forever back order on tops from Chrysler, but through my car biz connections I found a guy who has 15 of them available. They are new in the box and you will pay XF money for them (translation:not cheap) but if you need one then I've got a guy!!!

I recently started my top search because an "incident" happened to the top on my car. I recently bought a new house for my XF - that is where the problem started. For almost 2 years my car sat at under cover at my apartment complex - neighbors & their guests didn't park near it, kids avoided it, cats stayed off it, even the birds had a no fly zone over it. No problems at all. Had it at the new house for a few days & a huge fat stray cat took a flying leap onto my top & his giant cat butt went through the rear window. Would have been very funny except it was my XF. In short the cat freaked out & trashed the top. Oh & he had slept on my perfect top the night before. Geico is kindly going to take care of this problem for me, but I had to find a top. So started my search.

While I am pretty sure that I am the first XF owner to have Cat Scratch Fever happen to my car (I was asking for it with the last name Nugent) I know that I am not the only one to need a top. I don't want to over run my new friend Dave with phone calls, but if you need a top he will ship it. Please PM with a request & I will send you his info. He seems to have a ton of XF stuff actually. I hit him up with a few other "impossible" items to find & he had them all.

I'm sure you guys got a good giggle out of the cat story - you won't be laughing half as hard as my Geico adjuster was, I promise. I also hope that fuzzy little menace helped find a top source that can help out other owners in need. I know I thought the XF gods were shining on me the other day when I found one......

Old 08-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Fifteen New Tops Found!!!

Kim, sorry about your roof, your story made me chuckle though. Glad to see you found a replacement and not on your dime. What "other" hard to find items are available? Do tell?

Old 08-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KimPossible
While I am pretty sure that I am the first XF owner to have Cat Scratch Fever happen to my car .
Sorry Kim, you're not the first, and probably won't be the last.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tible-top.html

Good find on the Top "stash".

Old 08-03-2010, 08:39 PM

The clear lens covers for the side of the car like Danimal has. Clip to "fix" the hated cup holder (mine broke on the way in). A lot of the stuff is just super reasonable too. I get my oil changes done there for $90 - its a 5 star CJD store. They have a bunch of stuff from their XF sales at dealerships in other countries .... pretty neat. My new friend Dave started listing off a ton of parts for the car that he had in stock so fast that I couldn't keep track of everything. My car will be ready tomorrow so I can ask him if you are looking for something special.

BTW - 1 day for a new top!!! Wooo Hooo!!!!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Sorry Kim, you're not the first, and probably won't be the last.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tible-top.html

Good find on the Top "stash".
I read that post. I decided to get a California Pop Top to go under my regular car cover instead of some of the suggestions in that post. I am going to try the towel with the cayanne pepper trick if I see that mangy mongrel of a cat near my precious car again. I actually contacted the county & they are sending trappers out. They didn't really care until Geico called them to ask why they aren't doing anything about a feline infestation that is causing property damage bills in the 4 figures. Suddenly there are trappers that will be at my house.

Oh & that cat just scratched that top. I had scratches, hair & a cat butt thru my rear window. Winner (or I guess in this case loser) : ME!!!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Kim, if he has cargo covers, lighted door sills and rear fascia panels....you've hit a gold mine. You may want to consider the storage cup instead of the cupholder...just a thought. Fruitloops would stay in there nicely!!!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by danimal
Kim, if he has cargo covers, lighted door sills and rear fascia panels....you've hit a gold mine.
My thoughts exactly Dan!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Received 510 Likes on 352 Posts

Kim,

Loved your story. Glad you found a replacement.

I wonder if your "friend" wouldn't mind posting his contact and some info here for those of us who plan to write this down and catalouge it but will likely forget.

He will likely find a welcome reception here from the members and perhaps some busineess.

Thanks for posting this. Given my current propensity to ruin stuff, I will likely need a new top soon. Hence my concern that when the day comes, I won't have any recollection of this thread.

franc

Old 08-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

My car will be ready tomorrow so I can ask him if you are looking for something special.

BTW - 1 day for a new top!!! Wooo Hooo!!!!
How 'bout a storage bin to replace the cupholder? Does he have any of them and are they less than the $54 I paid (tax included) at my dealer?

I'm gonna need another one soon.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 PM

I didn't ask about a cargo cover or the light door sills - didn't even think about it. I'm going to see if we can install the rear fascia panels on my car tomorrow. I also didn't ask about the cargo bin - I don't like the way it looks, but it would control the loops must better in the Dragon. If you don't know the story then you will have to hear it in person @ a Dragon meet. Doesn't translate over the web at all!

I think he said that he had 12 humidors .... just kidding! Be honest, who read that & their heart started beating just a little faster?!?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Received 510 Likes on 352 Posts

I didn't ask about a cargo cover or the light door sills - didn't even think about it. I'm going to see if we can install the rear fascia panels on my car tomorrow. I also didn't ask about the cargo bin - I don't like the way it looks, but it would control the loops must better in the Dragon. If you don't know the story then you will have to hear it in person @ a Dragon meet. Doesn't translate over the web at all!

I think he said that he had 12 humidors .... just kidding! Be honest, who read that & their heart started beating just a little faster?!?
The humidor comment,,,,,,,Not fair Kim. A lot of us have that symptom just reading any of your posts.

roadster with a stick

Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on, the cat couldn't resist the gecko that was supposed to be protecting your car....

Glad you found the top.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You got me on the Humidor, that was funny, I am interested in the corner light covers, Thanks Kim

Old 08-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the window Kim. Just keep your beebee gun handy. We tend to use live ammo on bad critters here.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:05 AM

I also got the official complaint line for Chrysler 800-992-1997 - no one knows were they got this phone number .... ok?!? I guess certain Chrysler employees get in a lot of trouble if they give out that phone number. Thought I would put it out there!

Old 08-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice find, Kim. I'm looking for cargo net, oem car cover, and oem bra. Can you email the contact into to jjaiven@chartermi.net? Thanks.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I also got the official complaint line for Chrysler 800-992-1997 - no one knows were they got this phone number .... ok?!? I guess certain Chrysler employees get in a lot of trouble if they give out that phone number. Thought I would put it out there!
You rock. And no, we never saw it here...

Old 08-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ditto on the cargo cover. He also has the clear side marker covers?
Let me know.
By the way Pat Fink may be interested in a top, I'll try and get ahold of him today.
Thanks - The other Pat

Old 08-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have great news. I know that we have all talked about the forever back order on tops from Chrysler, but through my car biz connections I found a guy who has 15 of them available. They are new in the box and you will pay XF money for them (translation:not cheap) but if you need one then I've got a guy!!!

I recently started my top search because an "incident" happened to the top on my car. I recently bought a new house for my XF - that is where the problem started. For almost 2 years my car sat at under cover at my apartment complex - neighbors & their guests didn't park near it, kids avoided it, cats stayed off it, even the birds had a no fly zone over it. No problems at all. Had it at the new house for a few days & a huge fat stray cat took a flying leap onto my top & his giant cat butt went through the rear window. Would have been very funny except it was my XF. In short the cat freaked out & trashed the top. Oh & he had slept on my perfect top the night before. Geico is kindly going to take care of this problem for me, but I had to find a top. So started my search.

While I am pretty sure that I am the first XF owner to have Cat Scratch Fever happen to my car (I was asking for it with the last name Nugent) I know that I am not the only one to need a top. I don't want to over run my new friend Dave with phone calls, but if you need a top he will ship it. Please PM with a request & I will send you his info. He seems to have a ton of XF stuff actually. I hit him up with a few other "impossible" items to find & he had them all.

I'm sure you guys got a good giggle out of the cat story - you won't be laughing half as hard as my Geico adjuster was, I promise. I also hope that fuzzy little menace helped find a top source that can help out other owners in need. I know I thought the XF gods were shining on me the other day when I found one......
Funny story, but, I would've been sick had it been my XF as I'm sure you were...good that you can joke about it.

I thought I was the only unlucky person to be having a cat problem. About two weeks ago, I went out to get into mine and noticed a big blob of white hair on my top. No scratches, fortunately.

After the second time, I purchased a cover. Haven't noticed any hair since but I'm still worried because I would imagine the cover is not going to protect from the claws if the scoundrel decides to claw his way to the top...I would imagine a cloth cover would be just as inviting....

Old 08-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This mornong's auto news included a blurb that the Webasto Group had purchased Karmann's NA convertible top business. May be some hope for us roadster owners.

Quick Reply: Fifteen New Tops Found!!!