Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

they are here!!!

Old 05-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default they are here!!!

Got two phone calls from my 2 local dealers. Each took delivery this afternoon and the wife and I are on our way to get up close and personal. finally the wait is over.
Bill Welch
Tampa Bay
Go Lightning

Old 05-19-2004, 10:05 PM

Bill, I got a chance to get close and personal with a blk w/ cedar interior roadster on saturday. I guaratee you that you won't be dissapointed. The wife and I were out looking at the 300's for her. I got to talking with the salesman and told him that I was getting ready to purchase an RX8 for myself and he immediately told me I should look at a xfire coupe. I had already looked at them and decided I did not like the looks as well as the 8. He then told me I should see the roadster they had in the service building and I decided what the hell, I was just curious to see one. I was so impressed with the car that I forgot all about the RX8 and ordered a blk W/ cedar interior roadster for myself right then and there. It was going to take a very special car to change my mind as I have been in love with the RX from the first time I saw one. Hope you feel as moved be this new roadster as I was.

Old 05-20-2004, 07:00 AM

The dealer threw me the key (switchblade) and off we went. No trouble with the top, drove like a dream, manual transmission, and looked so sweet. They're trying to locate a graphite for me, hopefully by this weekend we should no how long before we have it.
That trunk space is very limited, better pack light. There is a piece in the trunk to prevent folks from putting to much in there and damaging the top on the way down, they tell me the rear glass will break if there is something restricting the top.
I will say I have one concern, and that would be, by the look on my wifes face, her Yukon XL may now be my car
I'll keep ya posted.
BTW-did anything become of the t-shirt thing I read about a while back? I have a friend designing one right now. Silkscreened front and back.PM me if interested.

Old 05-20-2004, 08:31 AM

Indyxfire317...

The RX8 was the 1st car that grabbed my attention... like the looks and feel a lot...

...but when I read about the potential problem of the engine flooding and requiring the car to be towed and dealer fixed... ...I was kinda' turned...

...glad it happened... my car search eventually lead me to buy a Crossfire...

Dave...