Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

locked in trunk

Old 08-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locked in trunk

Ok so here is a story with a happy ending...not that kind.

I accidentally locked my key in the trunk. Ok. so not in the trunk...but the lip of the trunk.

I was getting out some things for class that morning, teacher, and had the key on the rubber lip so I wouldn't lose it. Then forgetting that I didn't have it in my pocket I closed the trunk. When the lid closed it hit the "lock" button and the car was sealed. No there is not a single saving throw here for getting into the trunk. Not one. But, as luck would have it there is a saving throw for folks that accidentally lock themselves in the trunk. Go figure.

After several panicked minutes of calling around...there was no way to get into it. Period. I was looking at a week without my car, locked up at the school and available for destruction. I should tell you that my school isn't in the best neighborhood.

I then was pointed, by AAA of all people, to a locksmith that they thought "if anyone can, he can" might be able to do it.

He said, "I have this thing that I have been dying to try out and no one will let me work on their car to try it. If you will let me I will only charge the 100.00 service call fee instead of the 180.00 fee."

What am I going to say? no? Puhleeese. "Sure."

So he came out after school. He pulled out this little round thing with a lot of pins and a hoop in it and went to work. Patiently he started and restarted on the lock. As you all know there is only one lock point, outside of the remote, on the car...driver's door.

15 minutes later he had disarmed the car alarm and unlocked the thing so I could get my key. Yeah.

No he isn't sharing. But if you are in the Sacto area and need help get ahold of me. I will pass his info along to you.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: locked in trunk

Check out this thread, page 5, post # 83...:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...id-jammed.html

I'm thinking if you popped out that License Vanity light as described, hooked the Emergency Handle Release, and gave a yank, you might have saved yourself $100 bucks.

Whatta you think...

Inquiring minds would like to know...

And don't you just hate when some smart a$$, applies some secret sauce to fix your problem, then goes into a trance and won't share the fix...lol...

Oh well I guess what they say about knowledge being money, rings true once again...

Old 08-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried that ... didn't work.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So... if the trunk lid hit the fob and locked the car, did you try pushing down on the trunk lid in a few spots to see if you could make it hit the unlock button?

All I can say is... Wow. What a stroke of bad luck to have it all work like that.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate it when thoes lock guys show up and get in the car in like 5 minuets. For what they charge they should have to work and sweat for at least an hour.