Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

attn: bornfeld1....

Old 06-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default attn: bornfeld1....

HELP! New Black Roadster. ? Wash and wax. What is best solution to wash car and what to dry with? First wash and my car looks filmy and streaks. What gives best shine and protection and is not to difficult to apply.
Thanks

the biggest key is...to wash the car in the shade and dry the car in the shade for a steak free black finish.

your car is streaking because it needs waxed...as for waxing a black car...use a meguair's paste wax...#26. wax a panel at a time & remove asap with a "microfiber" towel...use just a "thin" coat of wax. keeping your car waxed monthly will help for a great finish...even when drying. between waxings use "eagle 1...wet" for a luster and touch up or after washing...works great on black cars. also..."no" leather chamois when drying...they will strip your wax. i recommend the "absorber"...it's a synthetic chamois.

Old 06-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really appreciate the advice as I too have a black roadster and the dealer detailed it for me yesterday. He told me they have noticed on the Crossfires the paint is not as hard as they felt it should be on first arriving but it seems to cure after some time. They said they have had a real problem with fine scratches using even the softest of towels and care.

Old 06-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Forum Regular

I follow the zaino way - 100% american cotton towels only - no microfiber - don't know about you but those microfibers feel rough. I also have hard water and use the mr. clean system to help stop the spotting.

Old 06-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wash it with Zaino......then to dry it I use a leaf blower to avoid water streaks, spots and swirls. Apply Zaino Z5 after a few washes before you start the Z2. Use 100% cotton Made In The USA towel. The more Zaino...the deeper, the shinyer your Crossfire will be

Old 06-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Forum Regular

My neighbors would think I was nuts If I had a leaf blower out front drying my car... LOL

-marc