Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

How rare is a yellow roadster?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: How rare is a yellow roadster?

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Oh I've never heard it referred to as Canary yellow. It was probably the ugliest color ever put on a crossfire. That's why they only put it on the roadsters and didn't bother putting it on the coupes.
I don't think it looks to bad on a roadster with the black top, but on a coupe it might have looked like a lemon drop.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WalkMan5
The yellow was marketed towards middle-aged to older/retired female drivers, not saying that's all who can drive it, it's just obviously something that population would buy. It's "cute" and "retro."
The majority of drivers of yellow roadsters that I have seen have been men. If you live elsewhere, you might think that yellow is more suited to women, but in Florida that's not the case.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
I do not believe they were marketed towards the middle aged older retired woman. That's nonsense. I have seen two or three yellow roadsters. Two were owned by vibrant young and good looking gals I would be proud with which to spend time.
This is why I live Franc!!!

I fell in love with this color way before the XF's were even made. I used to have an Alfa Romeo that was that color and it was just beautiful. When I saw the XF in that color I knew I HAD to have it. It took me about a year of searching to find a clean one that hadn't been hit or had extensive paint work and that I could steal price wise, but I still think she is just the prettiest car.

I also like the fact that the Classic Yellow was the only color that only came in one model. Even the other 2 rare colors came in the coupes & roadsters. I know of 2 other yellows in my part of FL. Both driven by women - one in Merrit Island and one in St Augustine. If you see a lot of them its probably see the same couple cars over and over again. I see an Aero Blue SRT6 roadster almost every day, but those are pretty rare birds too.

I think the XF looks good in every color. I think that the pale yellow was picked for 2 reasons - it kept with the classic lines of the car and it was muted like the rest of the colors in the line. I would have loved a Sassy Grass Green or Plum Crazy XF but it didn't go with the line - either would Top Banana.

I think the yellow still pops in the line up of other XFs.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kodebuster
I agree, Florida is Xfire country.

I always seem to see them in bunches in that part of the US of A.

At the end of this month you can add one more Roadster to the Sunshine State, as I'll be moving mine down there for the Winter...

It seems they are popular in Florida. Although I wasn't paying attention until recently, I've spotted 4 in my little 'burb of Melbourne (called Melboring by those under 25), 2 coupes and 2 roadsters...

Old 09-03-2011, 12:50 PM
rbp

I get a little offended when my wife refers to my Classic Yellow rodster as "cute". I prefer "Bad A__".

Old 09-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like em all. Any color. Beautiful cars. Everytime I drive mine I have people come up to me and talk about the car. One time they had to walk right by a Porsche Cayman S and BMW M5, two big ticket cars, to get to mine. What a great feeling. Happy motoring.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Please don't get Kim started on the color of her car!!!! I was almost left in Daytona the first Dream Cruise we went to. I kept mouthing off about how much more I liked the other manufacturers' yellows. Then the bi&*@ switch flipped! I swore I was going to need a ride home. Needless to say, the color has grown on me. Occasionally, you'll see me behind the wheel of it if it sits longer than a week. Still doesn't compare to driving the SRT-6 though......13.1@106 mph with nothing but a DIY CAI.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by chuK_138
Please don't get Kim started on the color of her car!!!! I was almost left in Daytona the first Dream Cruise we went to. I kept mouthing off about how much more I liked the other manufacturers' yellows. Then the bi&*@ switch flipped! I swore I was going to need a ride home. Needless to say, the color has grown on me. Occasionally, you'll see me behind the wheel of it if it sits longer than a week. Still doesn't compare to driving the SRT-6 though......13.1@106 mph with nothing but a DIY CAI.
I'm glad you have now come to realize that my Classic Yellow is the best yellow for the XF. I also like other yellows but I like them on other cars. To be fair, Chuk almost did need a ride home from Daytona at our first Dream Cruise.

Word of advice to all men on dates - don't keep telling your date how much her prized possession stinks in comparison to everything you drive by. Mentioning it 10x in 5 minutes is really bad form if you are a hour from home.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM

Oops .... double post. I was really serious about Chuk needing to walk home! lol

Old 09-05-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by KimPossible
Oops .... double post. I was really serious about Chuk needing to walk home! lol
Chuk I'll give you a ride home.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Chuk I'll give you a ride home.
I worry about the day that you two join forces. You guys are smart alec #1 & #2. Next year the Spring Dragon should be interesting!!!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:55 PM

I worry about the day that you two join forces. You guys are smart alec #1 & #2. Next year the Spring Dragon should be interesting!!!
muahahaha

Old 09-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll bring the frickin' sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dr-evil.jpg (34.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 PM

HI1

If you go onto yhe Canadian site, you will find a nice yellow roadster.It is under general body modification. You may even like that one!

James

Old 09-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is why I live Franc!!!

I fell in love with this color way before the XF's were even made. I used to have an Alfa Romeo that was that color and it was just beautiful. When I saw the XF in that color I knew I HAD to have it. It took me about a year of searching to find a clean one that hadn't been hit or had extensive paint work and that I could steal price wise, but I still think she is just the prettiest car.

I also like the fact that the Classic Yellow was the only color that only came in one model. Even the other 2 rare colors came in the coupes & roadsters. I know of 2 other yellows in my part of FL. Both driven by women - one in Merrit Island and one in St Augustine. If you see a lot of them its probably see the same couple cars over and over again. I see an Aero Blue SRT6 roadster almost every day, but those are pretty rare birds too.

I think the XF looks good in every color. I think that the pale yellow was picked for 2 reasons - it kept with the classic lines of the car and it was muted like the rest of the colors in the line. I would have loved a Sassy Grass Green or Plum Crazy XF but it didn't go with the line - either would Top Banana.

I think the yellow still pops in the line up of other XFs.

Nice Looking Black One in Back really pop out ,OH! I see the YEllow one now !

Old 09-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Where is the black one?!?!? Oh, waaaayyyyy in the back - is that because black is slowest???

Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Forum Regular

SOme would say "not rare enough." But not me. Not me.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw one yesterday afternoon on the way home, in Orlando at John Young and OBT turning north on OBT. Nice looking from what I saw of it.

I went to the Sanford HD dealer last Saturday and parked next to a white roadster, but when I came out he/she had already left. Its amazing how many of these things I've seen since I bought one.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

After four years of ownership, I finally saw my first silver roadster.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually took a picture with my cell of a yellow roadster today on I- 26 on my way to lunch ,it had some nice looking wheels on it , Tn. plates but couldn't see the county . I wasn't driving my 6 so I couldn't shake the paint on his ride as i went by

Quick Reply: How rare is a yellow roadster?