Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

2005 Crossfire Roadster Limited

Old 03-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Crossfire Roadster Limited

Greetings,

I am sure this is not the correct location for my post, so please forgive me.
My elderly parents have a 2005 Crossfire Roadster (no nav). It is a ruby color, with black top and interior. They are the second owners and purchased the car in 2006. It now has 11K miles and they are asking me to sell it. It is in perfect condition and has been stored in the back of their office building (on a wood floor) for the past five years. They both drive Suburbans, so this car has never seen rain, snow, etc.
With all of this said, I know little about Crossfires, except it seems to me there would be a very small market for such a car i.e., two seater, convertible, etc.
Could someone give me any tips as to the best avenue to sell the car? I was thinking cars.com and ebay, but I am not sure if those are the best or only options. And frankly, ebay makes me nervous. We are located in Indiana, so the market for convertibles is rather limited.

Thanks in advance.
Matt

Old 03-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Crossfire Roadster Limited

Well I really do not need another one but if it will help you out I suppose I could.offer $5000.00 for.it. sight unseen that is.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:39 PM

I appreciate your response, but the car isn't even for sale yet. It will be more in the $14K range. There is no rush, as they don't really 'need' to sell the car. I just need to find the best place to list the car.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike1118
Well I really do not need another one but if it will help you out I suppose I could.offer $5000.00 for.it. sight unseen that is.
For shame!

FOR SHAME!!!!!

$14K is a very fair price, and you are selling it at the perfect time of the year. Are all of the service records available? Make sure any prospective buyers are aware of this. Cars.com and Autotrader are 2 avenues that work. Local/regional newspapers are another. Make sure to pay the little bit extra to include as many photos as you can afford.Use existing ads for other Crossfires as an example of what photos to include. A few "Beauty Shots" will help-with a lake or similar as a backdrop.

Make sure the car is absolutely, perfectly clean. Under the hood and inside too.

I have the same car-I'd buy it for $14K.

Best of luck.

And by the way-there is a separate forum here for "Private/cars for sale".

Old 03-25-2012, 04:55 PM

[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Thanks for the response - those are very useful tips. I will certainly do all of those things. I think the car has only been serviced twice using synthetic oil, at the same Chrysler dealer. They have had it detailed a couple times too, but I think it has been very clean and under a cover for the past two years. They just had a new battery installed in preparation for the sale. The pictures will show well. It looks like it has been in a time capsule. [/FONT]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Thanks again.[/FONT]