Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

info

Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile info

just bought a 2006 limited --red with black top.-------couple stone chips and tryed to find paint code--looked everywhere on door jambs and under hood--NO DICE!!---ordered inferno red pearl--hope that is right!======couple questions---what is NA or SR ?? the car has 60K on it--belonged to a older lady. everything looks and runs excellent---are these reliable cars???--i am 80yo and have rode motorcycles the last 15yrs.--no cages. so i am new to cars. beautiful little car!! dont care much for cars,but, have a chest full of hardware and having slight balance problem ,so quit before i went down. my tire pressure sensor stays on----i put 33 in front and 36 in rear--still on!! I am open to advise and/suggestions from you knowledgable guys----hope this is a good experience!!---thanks for your help and especially thanks for allowing an old guy into a small part of your world---bkrdoug

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: info

DupliColor NG CC 431 Blaze Red Crystal ( ARH, PRH CHRYSLER )

N/A = Naturally Aspirated ( no supercharger, has movable spoiler )
SRT6 = supercharged, has fixed "ironing board" spoiler.

As to the TPMS light, the batteries should not be dead yet ( approx 10 yr life ), so there is some other problem. You can either fix the issue, or lookup a thread here that describes disabling the TPMS light. ( some people just put a patch of black electricians's tape over it )

Hint : update your profile with your location, probably some members close by that are willing to help with issues.

WELCOME ABOARD !!!!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 AM

another way to tell the N/A from the SRT6 :
If it's easy to clean the wheels, it's an N/A ( 7 spoke silver )
The SRT6 has 15 spoke wheels.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:06 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrdoug
just bought a 2006 limited --red with black top.-------couple stone chips and tryed to find paint code--looked everywhere on door jambs and under hood--NO DICE!!---ordered inferno red pearl--hope that is right!======couple questions---what is NA or SR ?? the car has 60K on it--belonged to a older lady. everything looks and runs excellent---are these reliable cars???--i am 80yo and have rode motorcycles the last 15yrs.--no cages. so i am new to cars. beautiful little car!! dont care much for cars,but, have a chest full of hardware and having slight balance problem ,so quit before i went down. my tire pressure sensor stays on----i put 33 in front and 36 in rear--still on!! I am open to advise and/suggestions from you knowledgable guys----hope this is a good experience!!---thanks for your help and especially thanks for allowing an old guy into a small part of your world---bkrdoug
Alexfire gave you some good info. Lot's to add but I'd suggest you peruse this forum and it's many wonderful threads about the care, it 's reliability etc. BTW, the car is pretty reliable. As far as the TPMS light, you may get a code because you have too much air.........I think 36 is over inflated. I believe the tires call for 32 in the front and 33 in the rear --------but 36 isn't so far off 33 that it should throw a TPMS light. Someone could have messed them up when they changed the tires........

I'm a car guy, not a bike guy and I love these cars. I trust you will as well. Good luck with her.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Received 563 Likes on 473 Posts

Here is a quick index of common problems, when I say common I do not mean that they happen all the time just that they have occurred and they have been fixed. It also has 'how to do' articles, like changing bulbs the best way also modifications and maintenance articles, a good read.
Index.

The index has the article to disable the TPMS light if you decide to go that way.
I see you are in Florida, there are quite a few owners down there so you are in good company.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Here is a quick index of common problems, when I say common I do not mean that they happen all the time just that they have occurred and they have been fixed. It also has 'how to do' articles, like changing bulbs the best way also modifications and maintenance articles, a good read.
Index.

The index has the article to disable the TPMS light if you decide to go that way.
I see you are in Florida, there are quite a few owners down there so you are in good company.
Share the secret, Dave : how could you tell that OP was in Florida ?

Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Received 563 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Share the secret, Dave : how could you tell that OP was in Florida ?
I read his other post.
I would be interested in a white XL Tshirt with the car wrapped in an american flag---and a red XL shirt with the XFIRE on it. how much are the shirts??----thx Doug bkrdoug80@gmail.com florida 352 634 4685

Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 AM

I read his other post.
Well DUH !!! - They always said you were sneaky ....

Old 12-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS for the help guys!!! I am sure running 150 with the top down will compare favorably to my Hayabusa!!! nOW IF I COULD JUST GET AHOLT OF THE t-SHIRT guy!! HHmmmmmmmm-------------------Bkrdoug

Old 12-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I read his other post.
I KNEW you had worked (or are still working) for CSIS!! ;-)

Old 12-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Well DUH !!! - They always said you were sneaky ....
Well you sneaky'd the wheel thing right past him.. Roadster SE .. hmm..

Oh.. and haven't I read somewhere a 2 psi difference between them sets off the TPMS?

Last edited by Mrmiata; 12-04-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

well, my friend....with the 'busa, you will want to take a spin in the SRT6.....and even it isn't going to be a 'busa...lol....

Old 12-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts

Welcome to the forum Doug.
Hope all your questions get answered here and enjoy the new fun on 4 wheels !!!

Old 12-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your XF purchase! You'll love it! This forum rocks too!