Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

A Very Sad Day (RAIN)

Old 09-23-2015, 01:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy A Very Sad Day (RAIN)

The other day I was picking up my girlfriend who was stranded in the middle of nowhere. I had my roadster top down and saw mild looking clouds and thought nothing of it. Lo and behold on the way back it began POURING as I was on the interstate and I pulled over immediately and was able to close the top of my 2005 Limited Roadster.

Ever since then for the past 2 weeks, the top has been slower and slower to open until it got to the point that it just stopped working at all and I had to open/close manually. In addition as I was holding the close switch it popped into the housing by the cupholder so it appears maybe a bracket that holds my switch is broken.

Also I have been getting beeping for about 2 minutes several times which is somewhat rapid. The convertible up/down button also beeps red.

In addition I have had several other weird circumstances such as half the lights on the car staying on (the right side) after parking the car. It is rather unfortunate as I cannot afford to rebuild the top or much of anything at the moment.

I left the top half opened today to air dry in the sun but it doesn't seem to have done much. Has anyone been caught in the rain and experienced any problems? What was the fix?

Old 09-23-2015, 06:49 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: A Very Sad Day (RAIN)

The symptoms sound like low fluid / hydraulic leak.
Check the level in the top pump ( pass sided rear fenderwell ) and check the 7 cylinders for seal leakage.
As to the switch, you will have to remove the console and use some epoxy / JBWeld to fix.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eatmycrackers
In addition I have had several other weird circumstances such as half the lights on the car staying on (the right side) after parking the car. It is rather unfortunate as I cannot afford to rebuild the top or much of anything at the moment.
I don't have a Roadster, but I can probably help on this part.
Look carefully at your headlight switch. There are 2 additional locations after the off position. One for Left and one for Right. That is for when you have to leave your car on the side of the road and only put on the parking lights on 1 side of the car. Some European thing, I have seen it mentioned for use when double parking as well...
Anyway, it only works when key is off, so if you accidentally have it in one of the positions, and drive around it will be normal until you turn off the car. I guess this is so you can't go L-R-L-R and impersonate a cop while driving.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The switch is more of a nuisance than anything else, I had not expected to push it right through the hole!!