Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Factory windscreen Discontinued?

Old 04-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory windscreen Discontinued?

was looking for the windscreen for the roadster and can no longer find it on the Chrysler/Mopar website. Anyone know where to get one?

Old 04-06-2005, 02:39 AM
Default Re: Factory windscreen Discontinued?

I'll have my parts department check for the part number and see if any are still out there and let you know. I want one for mine as well and the aftermarket one that I have seen, I don't like. Send me a PM and I will give you any info I can find.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Factory windscreen Discontinued?

The wind screens are now a special order and comes from Detroit. Any DChrysler can order it for you the price here in Virginia is $175.00 and takes about 3-4 days to get, if you order online it is cheaper $153.50, but with S/H it works out to be about the same price. Try this link.
http://www.theptcruisersuperstore.com/chcrac.html

Last edited by CrossfireLTD; 04-11-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:24 AM

Yes Frank is......................aLiVe anD wEll
"Enjoy the ride................................Zoots Allure...... your friend BARFKO SWILL"

Last edited by THEgrandWAZOO; 04-11-2005 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:12 PM

I just purchased one from my Chrysler dealer. It was in the new parts book they had, a recent update. Same list price $175, but they gave me a $75 coupon when I bought my Xfire, so not to bad. The other option was to go through the moper super center, even the dealer said he would order from them if the parts book hadn't been updated.

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/

Old 04-20-2005, 06:49 PM

Any opinions on the aftermarket version by blueridgejay in cherrylog Georgia vs the mopar one? What are the pros and cons

Thanks

Old 04-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Cool Re: Factory windscreen Discontinued?

I opted for the DChrysler/Mopar wind screen, its just a better product. Optically clear Lexan as opposed to Plexi-Glas. The DChrysler/Mopar product also looks better. I am quite sure that at medium to high speeds, the BlueRidgeJay product will rattle. I have posted some pictures of the DChrysler/Mopar Wind Screen and Front End Cover in my gallery. If I had to rate the three products out there it would be as follows:

1) DChrysler/Mopar **** Better fit and finish - all around better product - classy look.

2) CTD-Germany ** Over priced and does rattle

3)Blueridgejay * You get what you pay for. Looks like a DIY product.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by CrossfireLTD; 04-20-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:15 PM

Thanks for everyones input! i just ordered mine from Mopar SuperCenter ($145.00 + 13.78 = $158.78). I will take photo's and post upon install.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:09 PM

The windscreen on your black roadster looks dynamite. I thought they had a piece that required drilling that the windscreen rode in and was secured in the back wall behind the seats. Yours looks like it just sits on top and the glass rides in that rubber trim with the 2 side pieces firmly wrapped aroud the hoops. Anything much to the installation? Where did you order yours from? Your dealer? or online? Thanks for the input. Just saw a Red roadster getting off the LIE the other day with an etched panel with the crossfire logo. Looked beautiful but I couldn't get to them in time to see where they had it done.

Old 04-21-2005, 07:32 PM

Buggy4cars,

Thanks for the compliment. The bracket that holds the wind screen is supposed to be riveted/screwed in, but I didn't want to drill any holes in the car....so I used velcro and it works great. By the way I am a NY (Long Island) transplant.......I know the LIE all to well. I also saw your bid for the Xfire briefcase on Ebay.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:02 PM

I knew you were from LI. We once wrote back and forth when I was still waiting to order my car. I told you at the time that I thought your interior was unbelievable but would be too much for me to handle. I got the Dk. grey and cedar which is beautiful but I still think yours is the most striking. So to install it you just ran velcro under the rubber track that runs between the hoops and a second piece across the tonneau cover itself directly under the rubber track? It looks like quite a nice piece. Is yours the same one sold by mopar super center? If it is I'll order one. Thanks again for the input.

Regards,

Marc.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:34 AM

Marc,
Good to hear from and see that you took the plunge, and I didn't know you had an alias....lol. Yes..it is the Mopar Wind Screen, I just ran the velcro under the bracket and on top of the bulkhead between the hoops. I have had my Roadster up to the 110mph range and the wind screen is holding up well.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Forum Regular

Rob,

Just rec'd my windscreen and with your helpful suggestion of using the industrial grade of velcro from Ace hardware I had it installed in minutes. What a nice piece the windscreen is. Beautifully packed and executed and with the carrying case too. A nice touch. Don't know if I'll ultimately like it or not, seems to give me a little closed in feeling sort of like driving a Vette with the T Roof off. But I haven't driven it out on the road yet so we'll see. At least if you don't like it you can take it off without any damage to the car. Pop rivet the bracket in as suggested and you're stuck! Thanks again. I firmly agree with your endorsement of the DC Windscreen and I'd definitely use the Mopar SuperCenter again. Excellent place.

Old 04-28-2005, 11:55 PM

Congrats, it does take a little getting use to...but in the end you will like it. Yes the Mopar Super Center is great, I am in the process of ordering the Illuminated Door Sills from them.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:30 PM

I agree. Got my DC/mopar windscreen today and installed it using the industrial grade velcro method in 10 minutes. It looks professional and first class as compared to the aftermarket versions. DC should have made them standard. Thanks for all the input and keeping me from making a mistake.

Old 05-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wait everyone. Everything on our cars is going to become a special orders! The SLK 320 Factory is pretty much shut down. So if I were smart I would buy all those little things that go bad on cars now. Because they didn't make these things so you could go out to a PepBoys and fix it yourself. Because any one who owns either a Crossfire, or an SLK 320/32, is going to be hurting for parts, in about a year or so. Mercedes may just actually feel that big hole that they have shot in there foot.

Old 05-15-2005, 02:03 PM

MVSS (Fed Law) all Vehicles sold in US must be supported with parts for 10 years.

dmg

Old 05-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well that's good to know, lets see if it holds up. I have heard, that people are already having issues with parts.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
Marc,
Good to hear from and see that you took the plunge, and I didn't know you had an alias....lol. Yes..it is the Mopar Wind Screen, I just ran the velcro under the bracket and on top of the bulkhead between the hoops. I have had my Roadster up to the 110mph range and the wind screen is holding up well.
Folks, Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but according to my commitment to HDDP to search before asking the same old questions, I have to get some clarification.

I received my Mopar Wind Screen from the Mopar Super Center, and I am also very leery of drilling holes in Two Harleys. The industrial strength velcro method definitely seems the way to start out. I understand the part about velcro under the runner channel, the other part "top of the bulkhead between the hoops", I just don't get. I can't visualize this and wonder if anyone has pictures that are worth a thousand words. If I only velco the runner channel do I risk losing the whole device? What is the risk of a minimal velcro install? Do you leave it in all the time, or should it be removed frequently for storage? Since this will be my first addition to the car I'd like it to work out well.

From this post a hair over a year later, it should be seen that the factory windscreen remains alive and well.

Aloha...

Old 05-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Cool Re: Factory windscreen Discontinued?

This is what you do...

1) Attach the velcro (both pieces) to the wind screen track.

2) Put the windscreen into the channel.

3) Line up the wind screen & channel between the hoops.

4) Remove the backing tape and install your wind screen, the velcro (adhesive side) will stick to bulk head.

5) Cinch down the hoop straps and let it sit for a few minutes.

6) Remove the windscreen (Lexan/plastic part) and push down on the track to make sure it is seated properly.

7) Reinstall the wind screen (Lexan part) and cinch down. It does not cause a problem or obstruction when the top is up.

8) Trim any excess with an exacto knife or razor, and you are good to go!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Quick Reply: Factory windscreen Discontinued?